GT5 at Armageddon, Auckland NZ

• Thread starter Animera
  • 55 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
GTP_Animera
Bleh
If anyone can get to Auckland this weekend (23-25 Oct 2010), there will be a GT5 demo at the Armageddon Expo at the ASB Showgrounds.

Details can be found here:

http://armageddonexpo.com/nz/gaming-technology/playstation-display/

Here is a quote from the site:

'So you think you are a bit of a racer? Well prove it. Come along to the stand and post your best lap time on Gran Turismo®5; fastest times win some awesome prizes.'

I'll be there on Sunday.

well im in auckland so ill definitely be there. hopefully its not broken by monday

hope it hasnt brokenn by monday

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, the secret's out :lol:.

Actually look forward to maybe meet a few GTP guys there because heaps of people I've asked seem to be doing something else this weekend.

Requests for Armageddon to go to cities other than Auckland to play a GT5 demo.

A friend of mine said that they have a GT5 demo in EB Games, Northlands Mall, Christchurch.

I have a feeling that most if not all EB Games around New Zealand already have a build of the GT5 Demo on their display PS3's. It's just a matter of them getting the order from higher up to let the public see it.

Since GTPlanet members aren't the general "public" I say rock on up to your local EB store and give them your best reason/complaint/sales pitch to have a go at a demo they may possibly have!

Last edited:
Animera 1st >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd fastest time.

Animera 1st >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daylight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2nd fastest time.

Lol. Can't be that bad.

So you think you are a bit of a racer? Well prove it. Come along to the stand and post your best lap time on Gran Turismo®5; fastest times win some awesome prizes.'

Top 10 will probably get a prize pack of some sort.

I'm just wondering if there is a GT5 demo at downtown, Auckland.

Thanks, gtone339.

Wouldn't hurt to check one of the stores out (EB Games in particular).

If they say no you could say to them "The game was meant to come out in two weeks; surely you guys have received a demo for display; it's just unfortunate that there were some bottlenecks in the production line."

If they still act hard to get you could say every country already has one including Australia (which isn't too far away!).

The EB Games here has a display with GT5 posters etc and a PS3 running a loop of all the trailers etc. Now you got me wondering if there is a demo on that machine aswell. Although I'm sure if there was I would have seen the staff playing on it by now. Never hurts to ask I guess, just wish I had massive boobs to help convince them to let me play it.

yyeesssssssss!!!!! finally, i used to go every year till it became boring but im sooo going this year just for gt5. i live like 15 mins drive away YESSS i cant believe it thanks for posting this xD.

Lol. Can't be that bad.

Top 10 will probably get a prize pack of some sort.

sweet im so practicing starting right now. but its probably something crap and ill end up in 600th place. still...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't hurt to check one of the stores out (EB Games in particular).

If they say no you could say to them "The game was meant to come out in two weeks; surely you guys have received a demo for display; it's just unfortunate that there were some bottlenecks in the production line."

If they still act hard to get you could say every country already has one including Australia (which isn't too far away!).

I'll check and see if they have the demo.

I'm Agreeing to the GTP Meetup.. but on what day? I'm tagging along with some friends (Doctor Who :rolleyes:) so it might be Sunday for me.

Congrats Louie on the fastest time so far, Well done.

I scored an exhibtors pass, so got in early before the gates opened. Was the first at the Sony display and got them to switch on for me. Louie had the fastest time for yesterday on the board with 1:20:095.

We didn't have the pods from the other demos. Instead there were 3 visonracer setups with G27s. 2 for practice and one for the challenge. The challenge was the Ferrrari Enzo around Rome on standard physics. Not sure on other settings but I'd guess and say the tyres were Ss rather than Rs. I got in about 8 goes before other people needed a turn, and got within 1 sec of Louie. And being first it was the fastest time of the day. :sly:.

Definately a lot left on the track though, but with new physics, a new track, and my first time with a G2x wheel, I was ok with that.

What made it tough was the timer was set for about 2 min 30, so you just couldn't get in a second lap with the AI out of the way, It all had to be done on the first lap.

Anyhow, my impressions were that even on standard, you felt the weight distribution of the car change far more than on prologue, and the Enzo felt really well balanced. I can't wait to get to grips with the game on pro physics. I really liked the Rome course, a good flow to it, but still with some technical corners.

As for the build, it was rock solid to my eyes, with no frame rate drops that I noticed. There were both skidmarks and sparks. The only thing I was a little underwhelmed with graphically was that Rome had the same sundrenched look we all know from Prologue, like Daytona. I was expecting perhaps a little more subtlety in the ambience of courses in GT5, so we'll see what the full game brings. ... which I can't wait for even more now, whenever that may be.

Congrats Louie. I'm going tomorrow, and will probably suck. What spot prizes and stuff were up for grabs?

I tried the demo at EB games at Northlands Mall in Chch. There are Sony reps going around stores and loading them onto their PS3's. Not sure what other stores have them yet. I went in and said to the guy that I had heard that they had the demo and if I could play it, he said yeah and switched on. Probably depends on how busy it is and how good or bad a day the store assistants are having :lol: if they let you or not. Hopefully they start having them playing without having to ask to get it turned on. Could cause a stampede if that were the case though :lol:

I tried the Enzo at Tokyo, Italia 458 at Nurburgring and the Citroen Rally car at Toscana. My mate has played it more than me (easy when you don't have kids :lol:).

I didn't have any sound so can't judge on that, graphics looked OK but not sure if the TV is full HD etc etc at the store so I think that we will all be in a better position to judge graphics, sound etc when the actual game comes out and you will play it on your own TV, which comparing to Prologue and the TT demo that you most likely have played on your TV, you will see the true effect of sound/graphics etc.

But the area that I most noticed was the physics... Bloody awesome. On professional physics with a controller... whoa horsey!!!

Can't wait to tame the beast (or should I say 1000) in a couple of months time!!!

Back