Driving physics questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anes
  • 26 comments
  • 3,466 views

Anes

(Banned)
Messages
1,735
Messages
AnesthesiaXVII
I did a quick search and nothing came up soooo


I'm a little unhappy with the physics. It seems like this game is so much easier then the time trial demo we had. Am I stuck on standard physics? Can you change to professional?

Really scratching my head here. I'm driver level 8 in A SPEC and level 0 in B SPEC if that helps.

:confused:



Edit: Oh and I did have a look through the menu's in game but couldn't find anything ;)

Edit 2: Just on the physics stuff, my tyres keep overheating but there's no tyre pressure adjustment?! Is there?

I'm losing my mind..
 
Last edited:
No standard or professional, but there is an driving aid which enables a level of oversteer correction. Don't remember the name and I don't have the game yet, I'm sure someone else will come along that knows what it's called.
 
Yeah the first thing I did when I got the game was turn every single aid off including ABS :lol:


I'm thinking (hoping) the physics get better as you rank up? It's almost .. dare I say it .. arcadey?
 
Yeah the first thing I did when I got the game was turn every single aid off including ABS :lol:


I'm thinking (hoping) the physics get better as you rank up? It's almost .. dare I say it .. arcadey?

Agreed. However you will find several posts claiming it's the best driving physics ever.
 
It's just too forgiving driving on the limit. The tyres never 'bite'. I hope someone has some answers :(
 
It's just too forgiving driving on the limit. The tyres never 'bite'. I hope someone has some answers :(

Did you try Top Gear Intermediate special event with all aids off? Not that easy.
 
Hard =/= realistic?

To answer your question though, no I haven't :)


Try getting the s15 Nissan Silvia, mod it to about 350bhp and go for a blat. It's ridiculously easy to powerslide :(
 
As far as I know, the "Skid Recovery System" is the new "standard" physics. Turn that off for professional physics, as well as the other aids.
 
Agreed. However you will find several posts claiming it's the best driving physics ever.

I find it's the funnest if not the most realistic. Seems to bring back some of the fun of GT3.

As far as I know, the "Skid Recovery System" is the new "standard" physics. Turn that off for professional physics, as well as the other aids.

This.
 
This "Skid Recovery System", that's in the same menu as traction control, ABS etc? If so then I haven't done a metre with it turned on.


And lolworthy avatar Omnis
 
Go to options.

Options->Hardware->Steering Settings->Steering Type

Go to the drop down for Steering type and select Simulation, the default is Amateur.👎

Adjust feedback strength here as well.
 
I'm not allowed to start new threads yet on this forum account, so I'm just gonna slide a somewhat physics related question in here :).

Is there any way to stop the game from resetting my traction control and ABS levels at the start of each race/event? No matter how many times I turn them off, I virtually always have to go in at the start of each event and dial them back from 5 (TC) and 1 (ABS).

I've tried looking for general driving aid settings in the options menu, but I can't find anything aside from the steering type that GTmaster42 mentioned above - and I've had that set to simulation since the beginning.
 
Thats what is so good with the DFGT, you can adjust them on the fly!
 
Go to options.

Options->Hardware->Steering Settings->Steering Type

Go to the drop down for Steering type and select Simulation, the default is Amateur.👎

Adjust feedback strength here as well.

This might be a stupid question but i just want to be totally certain. So does anyone know for sure if changing this setting also changes the handling even if you drive with a controller and that its not just something related to racing wheels?
 
That setting only works for certain wheel's ,if you have a DFGT it doesnt give you the option as the DFGT is greyed out
 
I'm not allowed to start new threads yet on this forum account, so I'm just gonna slide a somewhat physics related question in here :).

Is there any way to stop the game from resetting my traction control and ABS levels at the start of each race/event? No matter how many times I turn them off, I virtually always have to go in at the start of each event and dial them back from 5 (TC) and 1 (ABS).

I've tried looking for general driving aid settings in the options menu, but I can't find anything aside from the steering type that GTmaster42 mentioned above - and I've had that set to simulation since the beginning.

It seems as though you have to set it each time you use a car that you have never used.
 
It doesn't always seem to remember the settings between races even for the same car. It does some times (perhaps if I'm moving between races within the same event, I haven't noticed the details exactly), but it seems like more often than not I have to remember to make the changes manually when I start an event.
 
in the wheel options you can select standard, professional, and simulation, the simulation when selected gives much better wheel feedback, it spins while the car is over steering , and many little things, that mimic real driving
 
Ok I'm pretty sure the physics change as you go to the different categories (beginner professional series etc).

I just took my Chromeline Lamborghini Murci out in the Professional series on High Speed Ring with a full exhaust and S3 (sport hard) tyres and the thing is an absolute death trap!! It's completely different to the lesser categories. I won the race but the next race was at Daytona Speedway and I could barely complete a lap. DEATH TRAP!

So I'm happy :D

I'll try and edit the thread title so others can post their physics questions here too.


Go to options.

Options->Hardware->Steering Settings->Steering Type

Go to the drop down for Steering type and select Simulation, the default is Amateur.👎

Adjust feedback strength here as well.

Excellent! That's what I needed.
 
No problem, glad to help.

Now go try the Intermediate Top Gear Challenge with Lotus Elise and Simulation steering. It'll definitely make you sweat!
 
Anes, try that again with Sports Soft and let me know your results. Vast difference between those two tire types. ice scates vs rails
 
Go to options.

Options->Hardware->Steering Settings->Steering Type

Go to the drop down for Steering type and select Simulation, the default is Amateur.👎

Adjust feedback strength here as well.

Doesn't this option only work with the older logitech wheels? Iirc there are images of different wheels on the top of that menu and DFP DFGT are not highlighted for this option.
 
Driving a micra around a track isnt so hard in real too, driving a FR wiht 300PS + is something else. I found AWD, 4x4 and FF car too easy to drive, MR and FR are really fun tho and need proper trottle adjustement and brake ratio.
 
The Top grear event with the lotus is proper hard i nearly switched it off and turned forza 3 on, but i eventualy managed it the frustrating thing is i have driven a lotus elise and there like go karts handle real well, these in game were like they had super soft suspension and tyres made of flubber!!
 
Anyone saying the physics are easy etc, go on arcade pick a track and try the Zonda R
 
Yesterday in my launge, I found settings on the track. It had an option "Most realistic", will try to post a picture this weekend.

The McLaren MP4-12c broke out at accelaration, even when TCS was on 5 (forgot to change it when I changed car.
 
Back