GT5 Drift Nights, Events And Meet's

• Thread starter Rickysl95
  • 363 comments
IRicky95
PXL Ricky
Welcome to the GT5 Drift nights, events and meets thread
1115404177_fHym7-L.jpg
Hey GT5 drifters.

This thread is where you can advertise events you plan on hosting in the near future things like team meets, club meets, photo shoots or just a plain old get together for drifters by filling in the forum which can be found further down the page telling us all the information we need to know about the event. once you have done that i will add it in to the list of upcoming events here in the OP.

Once the event has past if you or anyone that showed up took any pictures or made videos of the event then share them with the comunity and post them in this thread.

This thread will also act as a place where you can show off any pictures you may have taken in the game :)

Hosting an event:

So you plan on hosting an event in the future? fill in the forums found bellow and post it back in this thread and as soon as i see it i will update the OP to include it.

Type Of Event:
Host PSN:
Time, Date And Timezone (dd/mm/yy):
Information On The Event:

Example:

Type Of Event: Photo Shoot
Host PSN: IRicky95
Time And Date: 3/12/10 at 8PM GMT 0
Information On The Event: Planning on hosting a photo shoot where Nissan drivers can come along and showoff there cars and skills all welcome

Upcoming events:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Hey GT5 drifters.

was thinking about possibly setting up a drift game tonight where anyone that wants to drift can come and have fun and meet people with similar interests no matter what there skills level is.

was thinking to maybe start it about 8PM GMT 0 and just letting it run through the night to whatever time it dies out and people go off. Wasn't sure if it would be better to have it as a privet lounge or in the public section where you seem to get allot of racers joining the drift games :L

let me know what you think and if you would be interested in joining in, I'm sure that there will be some pictures taken and uploaded to this thread by me or anyone that turns up throughout the night

Ricky.

I am ready to drift :D

wasnt really the turn out i was hoping for

mabe next time when things have picked up around here :)

cheers for reading and those who replied though

wasnt really the turn out i was hoping for

mabe next time when things have picked up around here :)

cheers for reading and those who replied though

I think its going to take some time for the drift scene in GT5 to really take flight, hopefully in a month or two we'll be seeing it gain both popularity and respect.

I think its going to take some time for the drift scene in GT5 to really take flight, hopefully in a month or two we'll be seeing it gain both popularity and respect.

i look verry fawerd to this time :) had some grate nights on forza

Send me a message or something if im on tomorrow night if you got another lobby and ill come drift for a while, probly on controller though lol.

Send me a message or something if im on tomorrow night if you got another lobby and ill come drift for a while, probly on controller though lol.

Lol why you scared people will think youre a noob? Haha j/k...

Thats the thing, i am a noob right now and i don't like it :grumpy:

Lol, imagine how i'm going to feel. Ive never used a wheel in a video game, period, and have never drifted in real life. I powerslided this chick's 350z back in highschool in a parking lot but thats about the extent of my drifting experience on the wheel. Im pretty sure my years of real life seat time in FF Hondas isnt going to help either, haha. Expect to see me on both the wheel and controller, I'd like to get good at both, and I dont see myself wanting to be on my wheel all the time. I like to chill when I game.

Lol, imagine how i'm going to feel. Ive never used a wheel in a video game, period, and have never drifted in real life. I powerslided this chick's 350z back in highschool in a parking lot but thats about the extent of my drifting experience on the wheel. Im pretty sure my years of real life seat time in FF Hondas isnt going to help either, haha. Expect to see me on both the wheel and controller, I'd like to get good at both, and I dont see myself wanting to be on my wheel all the time. I like to chill when I game.

Nah i think your seat time in a real car may help, being used to spinning the wheel more may help, dont forget i'm used to the tiny lock of the MS wheel. You just got to balance the throttle with the steering and put alot more inpuy into the steering like a real life drift car, unlike on Forza with the MS wheel where you can sit on full lock with hardly any input and full throttle. This game with the DFGT is alot more rewarding when you get it right on the wheel and on controller to be honest.

Nah i think your seat time in a real car may help, being used to spinning the wheel more may help, dont forget i'm used to the tiny lock of the MS wheel. You just got to balance the throttle with the steering and put alot more inpuy into the steering like a real life drift car, unlike on Forza with the MS wheel where you can sit on full lock with hardly any input and full throttle. This game with the DFGT is alot more rewarding when you get it right on the wheel and on controller to be honest.

Lol when me and my friend were riding around the other day, I'd go around a turn and then let go of the wheel and let it snap back and I'd continually yell "FORCE FEEDBACK!" hahaha...

Last edited:
Lmao, still got Force Feedback on your controller? come on XBL and ill come on

Lol when me and my friend were riding around the other day, I'd go around a turn and then let go of the wheel and let it snap back and I'd continually yell "FORCE FEEDBACK!" hahaha...

LMAO thats true force feedback right there :L

Oh cro, what happened to your epic VTECZ backwards entries?

I got a 90 degree entry earlier when I was going to get gas, Its still got too much grip, though, I need to adjust the camber...

I'm down to join. Just as long as everyone here isn't from COD and just enters the room talking crap for no reason -_-

Oh and just as long as no one tried to pull the 'So who here is also a professional drifter' gtfo

Last night I was in a lobby and it was full of people taking their GT5 too seriously.

I'm down to join. Just as long as everyone here isn't from COD and just enters the room talking crap for no reason -_-

Oh and just as long as no one tried to pull the 'So who here is also a professional drifter' gtfo

Last night I was in a lobby and it was full of people taking their GT5 too seriously.

Just watch and wait, everyone on Forza is a pro drifter:idea:
First you get the teams, then you get the drama, then it all gets thrown into one corner of the forum and constantly becomes a haven for trolling.
Get ready for virtual jerry springer if fm.net is anything to go by. Hope not.

On topic: Lots of people are well organised with teams from either GT5P or other online games. Teams are out there, you just have to find them...

Just watch and wait, everyone on Forza is a pro drifter:idea:
First you get the teams, then you get the drama, then it all gets thrown into one corner of the forum and constantly becomes a haven for trolling.
Get ready for virtual jerry springer if fm.net is anything to go by. Hope not.

On topic: Lots of people are well organised with teams from either GT5P or other online games. Teams are out there, you just have to find them...

Yea, FM.net is so bad for stupid little arguments, you get attacked all the time for no reason and yea, it's a trollers haven. To be honest i don't think it will end up like that over here as everyone seems alot less up there own ass and not out just to prove everyone on the internet wrong, lol. There's alot of drifters on Forza that don't post on the forums who are picking up GT5 and stay away from FM.net cause of how bad it is, hopefully see them on here sometime

yea, fm.net is so bad for stupid little arguments, you get attacked all the time for no reason and yea, it's a trollers haven. To be honest i don't think it will end up like that over here as everyone seems alot less up there own ass and not out just to prove everyone on the internet wrong, lol. There's alot of drifters on forza that don't post on the forums who are picking up gt5 and stay away from fm.net cause of how bad it is, hopefully see them on here sometime

qft.

Edit: why did everything uncapitalize itself? lol...

Is anyone still running ?
Or if anyone is down to play right now.
PSN: BadEtiquette
(if you add put gtp in the message box)

if you mean that some people are saying they are pro drifters inr just keep in mind it could be possible i know for a fact that some of the BDC and EDC drifters play forza and have spoken to some of the all star (i think thats was it) drivers ages ago but as you said allot of it is just people trying to sound cool =/

I can play now :), do people do these on lounge or open lobby??
PSN: jbrules234 (not justin bieber, made this account 3 yrs ago :/ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back