Time Trial Records

• Thread starter milefile
  • 12 comments
Okay I have a question...

Does time trial mode keep track of any records other than the best if you don't save the replay?

I posted a time on Davey's challenge (the Vector M12 on High Speed Ring) and was not positive about the decimal places so I hi-balled it to be safe. Later that day I got home and tried to look it up to be more accurate and all I could find was the fastest time on High Speed Ring, wich obviously wasn't the M12 :P

After you've taken your Escudo, Cerbera LM, or GT One on all the tracks it'd be nice to compare past lap times from slower cars that are just fun to drive...

Time Trial Mode only keeps the absolutely fastest time, it kicks off the slower time. Of course, you have to remember to save your game!

This is a big reason I don't ever set Time Trial times with the Escudo, Speed 12, GT-One (except test Course), et al. It makes chasing the "records" an impossible task.

Usually, I use a racing car with around 550-700hp to set the records; my favorite one was the RX-7 GTC LM because it was a very smooth car with a great engine; just the right power/weight ratio to make the record possible to beat with some cars, but not all. I usually use a slower car (250-500hp) to set the revese track records.

So to gather lap records for all cars? Use a pad and paper, of course. Those old-school composition books with hard covers seem to work best...you can put a cold drink on them if you want!

That's a bummer. But fortunately, although I couldn't remember yesterday, I saved the replay so I can get the time that way. Thanks Pupik.

Trouble is you can only save so many replays.
And an envelope soon runs out of space when you've written so many top speeds down on it at Mland:)

I guess you could have a m-card dedicated to replays, right? or even a few? That is, if one was so inclined...

I only save a replay if there is something special about it... a new record, a particularly good lap, or even a cool crash or spin.

I'd get one of those memory cards that you could change "pages" on. You could have 1 page just for your GT2 game saves, and a whole rack of them for replays.

I'm still pissed about this. I beat one of my times recently... but of course there was no way to see what I had beaten. It really should show the top three.

Yeah, that was one thing GT1 did better than GT2.

Go get a composition notebook for a buck, you can compare all sorts of records that way.

Replays do take up alot of space. So what I did was if their was something special about the race like Miles said , I'll record it on my VCR.Works real well and you can record alot of races on one tape. You could even record an entire endurance race if you wanted

I tried that once, but it didn't work. It recorded something, but it was only horizontal white lines moving up the screen. I must have done something wrong

I get those on rare occasions :lol: It's been awhile since I've done it. VCR broke, last RCA I'll ever buy. I think I had to go the auxillary channel on the vcr.

Back