GT5 Corrupted Data

• Thread starter sonyphone
  • 44 comments
Help, somone please tell me that I can fix a Corrupted save file. I switched my PS3 on today and GT5 has gone back to the start of the game.

I looked for my save file and it has gone, there is a "corrupted data" file that I assume if my GT5 save.

:scared::scared:

GT5 crashed while saving my game today and now I have the same problem. It means they have an incredibly stupid policy when saving games. They should save a new save file, and then delete the old one once the new save has completed. That would avoid corruption.. gah.. I had ~53 gold trophies in the licenses, and REALLY can't be assed doing all that again! I might even remove my hard drive and see if I can repair the file on PC or send it to Polyphony Digital or something..

This has just happened to me after an online race, the ps3 crashed i restarted it and boom, back to beginning! what a ****ing joke! i was on level 16, i can't belive this..........

This has just happened to me after an online race, the ps3 crashed i restarted it and boom, back to beginning! what a ****ing joke! i was on level 16, i can't belive this..........

Level 16 is not to bad to recover from but once your over 30 its going to hurt.

I have 2 flash drives in my PS3 and do a save every few hrs. Yes I got burned once so I don't take any chances.

A question - if I have a USB stick in my drive, do I have to quit the game to save to it? It seems that when I hit "Save" *WITHIN* the game, it's just automatically saving to the hard drive.

I kinda wish it would "see" the USB stick(s) like the old PS2 used to see the memory cards, and offer you a choice of WHERE to save.

As it is, I quit the game, THEN save my data to the stick, then go back and start the game again. I generally only do this when I level up. I'm up to a level 32 B-spec now, 31 A-spec. My Guibroni has finally outpaced my real self... ;)

Level 16 is not to bad to recover from but once your over 30 its going to hurt.

I have 2 flash drives in my PS3 and do a save every few hrs. Yes I got burned once so I don't take any chances.

:-), yes maybe level 30+ would hurt, back in the days where GT2 was the newest in the GT-series, I got a corrupt memory card after 800 wins out of 831 races, I recovered and still today got my "new" game profile with about 2.400 wins out of 2.400 races. And offcourse the 100% win procentage isn't real, I think I've sort of reloaded my game data over 500 times, because i didn't win a race :)

I had a similar problem, yesterday I start playing normally in Dream Car event, then i press start button and game stopped but no icons appear (Restart, options and quit) very strange, so i had to reset PS3, after that I start the game again, enter to UCD and music stopped and game freezed again, reset again. I recover my save game from USB and start the game again. Same problem happened, game frozen manual reset to PS3. WTF, im level 29 almost 30, i dont want to lose all my progress, can anybody help me please???
Thanks in advance..

this just happened to me, i came on here to see if there was a way of recovering the files... i didnt even do anything! i just turned on my ps3 and i was back at the beginning. is there anyway of downloading game saves from someone else? i was at LEVEL 35 AND HAD 10 MILLION CREDITS!!!!!!! I dont have the patience to do all that over again.

I was level 30 a-spec, 26 b-spec, save file corrupted due to the stuid file size, it reset all my golds to bronze, left me with no cars, nothing. so i just restarted. i just started over and already got half my stuff back, if you play it alot, you might actually be able to get back to where you were because who knows when 1.09 is gonna come out and if it is even gonna fix save data.

The reason I make a copy of my Game Save when I am done every day. 👍

Sooner or later people will start to realise this is the only way to save themselves restarting.
My advice to anyone who will listen; BACK UP TO USB!

Who knows when the patch will come though? Japan is having a bit of a situation you know.

Yeah it is understandable if they don't come out with it soon. Plus, there are more than a few bugs that they need to address...

Backing up my data after every big event helps me sleep at night.
Just backup your data, it's a must.

Yev
Backing up my data after every big event helps me sleep at night.
Just backup your data, it's a must.

It shouldn't have to be a "must." It's rediculous that this problem is still here! I don't mean that they should fix it now in spite of recent events but this should have been caught before the game was released. They saw that there was a problem with their saved files so they "fixed" it with 1.07. That "fix" made it 17.5 times worse! Don't they test their software before releasing it?!

Been lucky so far, but thinking I need to get on this. How big for USB stick please and thanks

A question - if I have a USB stick in my drive, do I have to quit the game to save to it? It seems that when I hit "Save" *WITHIN* the game, it's just automatically saving to the hard drive.

I kinda wish it would "see" the USB stick(s) like the old PS2 used to see the memory cards, and offer you a choice of WHERE to save.

As it is, I quit the game, THEN save my data to the stick, then go back and start the game again. I generally only do this when I level up. I'm up to a level 32 B-spec now, 31 A-spec. My Guibroni has finally outpaced my real self... ;)

Yes, the only way to backup your save file to your USB is by quitting the game. It only saves to the save file on your HDD from within the game.

Been lucky so far, but thinking I need to get on this. How big for USB stick please and thanks

So far, my save file is only 1,475KB or 1.475MB. I'm using a 4GB USB flash drive. I don't think a save file is going to get much bigger than 5MB max, so even a 1GB flash should be more than enough. Even if a save file can go to 10MB+, I'm pretty confident that it will never get to the level of 100s of megabytes or 1GB for that matter. ;)

It shouldn't have to be a "must." It's rediculous that this problem is still here! I don't mean that they should fix it now in spite of recent events but this should have been caught before the game was released. They saw that there was a problem with their saved files so they "fixed" it with 1.07. That "fix" made it 17.5 times worse! Don't they test their software before releasing it?!

Backing up critical data is always a must, no matter what it is.

If your progress in a game is important to you, back it up. Bad stuff happens, so it is up to you to protect it. Think of a USB stick as insurance. When mayhem strikes, you have a backup. 👍

This just happened to me level 30 all the licenses, I am going to cry haha i feel like a little boy haha.

anybody know a way to fix this with the recovery console mode???

ok i try the recovery console didnt fix the corrupted save file and the ingame option neither. it seems i have to start allover again :(

Back