Toe Settings

United States
Tennessee,USA
StarFirebird
starfirebird
Hello fellow tuners.I have a small question about Toe settings as this is the only thing i am having trouble understanding.

Which of these settings is proper toe settings.

Car example - Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

1st experiment

Toe front - +.16
Toe Rear - -.07

Results - car turns in well,but on long turns like tokyo 246 i half throttle the whole turn to keep from understeering.Overall the car is very balanced and eats up corners.

2nd experiment.

Toe front - -.16
Toe rear - +.07

Results - Car still turns in well but has a tendancy to understeer even when on the proper line.I used tokyo 246 again for the long turn,but had a bit more of understeer with half throttle.Overall the car is more stable,but suffers on some of the turns.

Summary - For me using positive toe in the front and negative on the rear makes my tunes turn in better and have overall better driveability,but when i use it the opposite way the car just slightly gets worse on cornering.

I've noticed that some of the tunes i have seen in here that everyone has negative toe on front and rear,but nothing like what i use.Am i going about this wrong with how i've got it set-up or am i going about it the correct way.

Thanks in advance.

My apologies for bumping this thread.

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.

I know i've used this one car for an example,but i've noticed similarites in my other tunes with using positive toe in the front.

Have you guys used a similar toe set-up and ran faster laptimes as i have?

To me the tuning is very subtle in this game.I experimented w/toe on Indy w/ZR1 RM and it seems to me that -0.20 on the front and back helped me go arounf the high speed sweepers.I'm convinced that +0.20 on the rear keeps the back from sliding contrary to what people on this forum might say.Try it .You'll see.

toe-in rear gives you more stability out of corners on power.
toe.in front makes the car smoother turning in.

toe-out rear NEVER. NEVER EVER. maybe max -0.5 in rear on front wheel drive cars that got veeeery bad steering.

Toe-out front, most likely yes you want this. the car is faster entering a corner and the steering gets a little more agressive when turning(feels like better response)

TOE-OUT is - (i think in the game)
TOE-IN is +

or

TOE-OUT is wheels pointing out.
TOE-IN is wheels pointing in.

cheers.

Thanks for the explainations.

I guess maybe it's how my suspension is set-up on my cars.As just a bit of negative toe on the rear seems to keep my rear-end in check,if i go positive it gets a bit squirrely.

Thanks again.

Go to your tune settings and click suspension then the yellow question mark on wheel alignment.It also shows pic so you can understand it.If I want my car to oversteer I set the front roll bar down 1 from back and go 7-35 or 40-7 on diff.I like oversteer on throttle lift so I set it this way.

Use toe settings to adjust stability in corner vs corner entry vs straight-line stability. Do not use toe settings to adjust understeer/oversteer. You have plenty of other options for that.

You can use very mild rear toe out settings to increase straight line stability on rear drive cars because the torque produced on rear drive cars can result in very mild rear toe in.

.I'm convinced that +0.20 on the rear keeps the back from sliding contrary to what people on this forum might say.Try it .You'll see.

Yeah it does, its more on power grip on exit. Ive read plenty of ppl argue the opposite though.

Hello fellow tuners.I have a small question about Toe settings as this is the only thing i am having trouble understanding.
I've noticed that some of the tunes i have seen in here that everyone has negative toe on front and rear,but nothing like what i use.Am i going about this wrong with how i've got it set-up or am i going about it the correct way.

Also remember that when the car is lowered, you are creating +toe, so you want to run -toe as the car gets lowered to a degree. Then there's camber, the more neg camber the more -toe is created, so to adjust you need to run more +toe. It all kinda revolves around where everything else it at. Normally toe is the last bit of the setup, you edit your toe to how your camber and compressions are set.

Last edited:
Use toe settings to adjust stability in corner vs corner entry vs straight-line stability. Do not use toe settings to adjust understeer/oversteer. You have plenty of other options for that.

You can use very mild rear toe out settings to increase straight line stability on rear drive cars because the torque produced on rear drive cars can result in very mild rear toe in.

Toe can result in less/more understeer/oversteer corner entry/exit.

But for the most of the time you run the same Toe angles on all tracks just becuse you want to keep the overall stability of the car.
But like youre saying, there is alot of other options to make the car run more like you want it.

You NEVER want toe out in the rear. Like i said only if there is very tight corners and probably if it is a FWD car. if not, Never. RWD and 4WD always Toe in rear. ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!

Atleast in reality.

I think a lot of tunes posted in these forums are based strictly on getting the best possible times rather than realistic tunes. As such, often you'll see tunes with very strange spring settings, brake balance, and toe settings especially. This also involves changing your driving style to something that is completely different to how you'd drive the same car in real life just to improve your times. I feel this is a bit of a shame as it doesn't encourage proper driving techniques.. but that's one of the downsides to min-maxing in a game i guess.

I think a lot of tunes posted in these forums are based strictly on getting the best possible times rather than realistic tunes. As such, often you'll see tunes with very strange spring settings, brake balance, and toe settings especially. This also involves changing your driving style to something that is completely different to how you'd drive the same car in real life just to improve your times. I feel this is a bit of a shame as it doesn't encourage proper driving techniques.. but that's one of the downsides to min-maxing in a game i guess.

Agree, but it should be realistic i think. :grumpy:

I agree.

I'm always tuning my cars as close as they would be in real life.After tuning many cars this way i've found many gems in this game so far and this keeps me grinding through many others to find that next one. 👍

Latest Posts

Back