Chevy Corvette ZR1 Setup

MarkyboyBatey
I found that this works superbly for the Like the wind Event.

Step 1: Buy the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 from the Dealership

Step 2: Go into GT Auto and Apply Race Modifications, this will cost you 385,000c ( Change Oil, It increases BHP )

Step 3: Buy all available upgrade including Racing Tyres; Soft

Here comes the tweaking bit allowing you to take the corners at the indy course at a stupid speed so;

Step 4:

Brakes - 6 Front and Rear
Ride height - 0 Front and Rear
Spring Rate - 12.3 Front and 12.6 Rear
Dampers ( extensions ) - 4 Front and 5 Rear
Dampers ( Compression ) - 3 Front and 4 Rear
Anti Roll Bars - 3 Front and 3 Rear
Fully custom transmission set to 261

After this your car should be ready to race :) Good Luck

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I'll check it out in the morning. I'm stuck in 2nd place on the Daytona Road Course, already have the gold at Indy.

Thanks for this. I'll check it out in the morning. I'm stuck in 2nd place on the Daytona Road Course, already have the gold at Indy.

It works for daytona like a treat, I aced them both with this set up, I was stuck and looked around for advice, so I'm here to share somebody's ideas :)

I think all the good points he's labeled applies to this, I couldn't really say mine is better or his is better without testing so it's a matter of opinion, feel free to test this one out, i'm not forcing you but it worked for me and it worked for others as far as I know :D

Cool with a second tune. I don't think you can easily rank different tunes, it a matter of tuning to your own driving style. Thats why some people might like and some other dislike the same tune.

Personally i hate throttle understeer and its the first thing i try to tune. If I can get the car to behave nicely accelerating on a tight line out of a corner, I can usually live with other problems. If not, I stop using that car. Other driviers might have different hot spots and ending up with completely different tunes, still being as fast around a lap.

I wasn't interested in someone saying one tuning is better than another. I was more interested in terms of how they compare/contrast in their handling. I haven't bought a ZR1 yet so I can't test either tuning out.

With my ZR1 tuned to your specs, I keep slapping the wall at Indy. I am using a controller, not a wheel. WTF?? I can get no better than 9th. My speed is grear just the cornering...

Interesting. I've been running this car with the RM and all the upgrades for a couple days before I saw this post. I only have 841hp, but I didn't change my oil yet and I'd been trying to figure out if I could get more juice out of this rod by tweaking the suspension at Daytona.

I tried your suspension setup, but I only get times of 2:12 and 219mph in the back straight.

My setup is everything down as low as it can go, max downforce F/R, and believe it or not, 1.0 camber F, 0.5 camber R gets you an additional 1mph in the back straight due to an increased 2mph exit speed from turn 3. With this setup, I'm getting high 2:10 at the Daytona challenge and 222mph in the back straight.

Then I changed my oil, and got 225mph in the back straight, and just shy of 2:09.

Oh and btw, breaks? I don't use them. Just shift immediately on start, draft as much as you can and get it up to 6th gear before the first corner. Pedal to the metal and gorilla grip the wheel to the checkered flag. (Actually I use the HKS controller, waiting for the new Thrustmaster.

Regards,
Majktom

Now that the hp is steadily increasing, try staying in 5th into the first turn, wait until the shift light comes on after the turn before going to 6th. Downshift coming into each of the two big turns.

Now I'm getting 227mph and a low 2:09 with m setup. The setup herein garners no better results.

Try mine and let me know if you get better speed and times...
(I prolly wouldn't run this way for too many laps though. I suspect the rumble in my controller is the car bottoming out occasionally.)

:)

I was such a noob when I posted this. LOL! now that I have 29 days experience and am at level 29, the aforementioned setup is actually not so bad.

I found that this works superbly for the Like the wind Event.

Step 1: Buy the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 from the Dealership

Step 2: Go into GT Auto and Apply Race Modifications, this will cost you 385,000c ( Change Oil, It increases BHP )

Step 3: Buy all available upgrade including Racing Tyres; Soft

Here comes the tweaking bit allowing you to take the corners at the indy course at a stupid speed so;

Step 4:

Brakes - 6 Front and Rear
Ride height - 0 Front and Rear
Spring Rate - 12.3 Front and 12.6 Rear
Dampers ( extensions ) - 4 Front and 5 Rear
Dampers ( Compression ) - 3 Front and 4 Rear
Anti Roll Bars - 3 Front and 3 Rear
Fully custom transmission set to 261

After this your car should be ready to race :) Good Luck

what about drivetrain ? !!

Back