RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

Cylinder : 3366 cm3
Power : 741 bph @ 6300 rpm
Torque : 825 Nm @ 6300 rpm
Transmission : RR
Weigth : 1080kg

Weigth-to-power ratio : 1.457

---

Like the A/C Cobra, this car is a tuning Everest !

So I'm not sure I made a good work or not, since it's a very uneffective car and a really hard to control car to drive. It's drifting. A lot.

This car setup is also a first attempt at using self-modelizing formulas, especially with spring rates and ride height, brakes and anti-roll bars.
Using these improved a lot the car so I think I found something usefull there but I need more tests. Unfortunuatly, these formulas use the true ride height, and the only way to find it was making the hypothesis that the stock GT4 car had the same ride height than the stock GT5 car. It will also won't work on car that we don't know the true ride heght (or it's hidden somewhere in the menus of GT5, I didn't saw)

Also, before a lot of you complains for the drifting car it is, you migth want to learn how the car performs in real life. Click here if you want to see the man with the bigest underwears in the world.

For this car especially, any input, comments, improvements or suggestions are very welcome.

---

All parts/oil change

Body/Chassis
- Dynamics (Front/Rear) : - / -

Transmission
- Top Speed : 440 km/h

Drive-train
Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
- Initial Torque : -/5
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/5
- Braking Sensitivity : -/8

Torque Sensing Center Differential (Front/Rear)
- Torque Split : -/-

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -11/-32
- Spring Rate : 9.0/13.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 3/2
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 4/6

Wheel Alignment (Front/Rear)
- Camber angle : +0.0/-0.3
- Toe Angle : +0.0/+0.5

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 3/4

Drive aids
- ABS : 1
Else all off

Tires
- Racing Soft/Soft mandatory.

Tuning circuit
- Rome (~1'11)
- Suzuka (2'13.595)
- Deep forest
- SS R7 (~377km/h)

Tips
- counterturn OR accelerate. Choose.
- I wouldn't recommend changing her top speed, it helps keeping her on the road aswell.
- You may want to put ASM on to learn the car.
- Old school driving technics, like pumping accel while drifting or pumping brakes before a curve helps a lot. She's a really difficult car to control.
- I repeat : this setup is not perfect but it's definitly an improvement over the stock version. Combination of RR + high torque is quite a bad car ingeneer idea imo.
- I challenge you on Suzuka ! :) (I was using RH -15/-36 with 7.9/11.9 springs/no ASM but there was damper compression that hit the ride)

Back to the GT5 shop

Last edited:
Surely part of the fun of GT is learning to tame the Yellowbird? It's a mad mad car but a right laugh and sweet as a nut when you nail a drift around the third quarter section of the Nurburgring.
Good tips - I'll check out these settings...although I must admit at the moment I'm spending a lot of time in arcade mode in my RGT, painted yellow in sympathy to the glorious CTR.

Tyres - I agree , racing medium if you're a hero, soft for anyone else!!

Happy racing!

personally i think the front is a bit too loose anti roll wise and the back id just leave the same rh as front and lower the spring rates to make up for it but w.e, good tune :)

i really dont see why you have such an open diff on the car though

I improved a lot since I posted that car. I think I will come back on this one because :
- I posted this car before finding my flat RH/SR trick
- I discovered a lot of new things on dampers today
- Budious discovered a thing on transmission that migth help a lot that car

The front can't be too loose with AR bars. It's impossible, that setup wouldn't reflect the weigth % without that : the car just would spin around. It's something else and I found today what is it :)

RR just defy the logic. There's a special thing on these cars to do about SR.

I'm saying that because I just almost finished to cook another sweet RR... I will post her in one hour or two : I've got to finish her decel and top speed ;) About that car, let's just say I killed any Lotus Elise 111R LM with a non-aero/lower hp myth named Alpine :D

Also, today is the day I buy a new toy to climb Pikes Peak :D

Last edited:
I improved a lot since I posted that car. I think I will come back on this one because :
- I posted this car before finding my flat RH/SR trick
- I discovered a lot of new things on dampers today
- Budious discovered a thing on transmission that migth help a lot that car

The front can't be too loose with AR bars. It's impossible, that setup wouldn't reflect the weigth % without that : the car just would spin around. It's something else and I found today what is it :)

RR just defy the logic. There's a special thing on these cars to do about SR.

I'm saying that because I just almost finished to cook another sweet RR... I will post her in one hour or two : I've got to finish her decel and top speed ;) About that car, let's just say I killed any Lotus Elise 111R LM with a non-aero/lower hp myth named Alpine :D

Also, today is the day I buy a new toy to climb Pikes Peak :D

I dont know what you mean by the front cant be too loose, it wouldnt like to turn and would have massive body roll if it was set to one or two :P 4 is pretty good though, i just dont like having them different like that (4/6) but on certain cars it is needed just like the TVR you helped me with

by flat rh/sr you mean keeping the RH the same makes it easier to calculate spring rates right?

what new things on dampers are you talking about? and yes the alpine is a hilarious car ;)

thanks for the setup, will give it a shot. took yellowbird for a spin on nurburgring today. stock, no changes. wanted to give up 1/3 into the lap. the rear end keeps wanting to see and talk to the front end in the corners.

Greetings BlueShift.

I thought I'd message you to let you know that I just reviewed your RUF Yellowbird in my Tuner Review thread (see my sig).

Normally, I would post it in this thread, but since it was a 6 way tuner review the post got quite extensive.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns... please don't hesitate to notify me.

Cheers!

Back to the shop

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87

Cylinder : 3366 cm3
Power : 741 bph @ 6300 rpm
Torque : 825 Nm @ 6300 rpm
Transmission : RR
Weigth : 1080kg

Weigth-to-power ratio : 1.457

---

Like the A/C Cobra, this car is a tuning Everest !

So I'm not sure I made a good work or not, since it's a very uneffective car and a really hard to control car to drive. It's drifting. A lot.

This car setup is also a first attempt at using self-modelizing formulas, especially with spring rates and ride height, brakes and anti-roll bars.
Using these improved a lot the car so I think I found something usefull there but I need more tests. Unfortunuatly, these formulas use the true ride height, and the only way to find it was making the hypothesis that the stock GT4 car had the same ride height than the stock GT5 car. It will also won't work on car that we don't know the true ride heght (or it's hidden somewhere in the menus of GT5, I didn't saw)

Also, before a lot of you complains for the drifting car it is, you migth want to learn how the car performs in real life. Click here if you want to see the man with the bigest underwears in the world.

For this car especially, any input, comments, improvements or suggestions are very welcome.

---

All parts/oil change

Body/Chassis
- Dynamics (Front/Rear) : - / -

Transmission
- Top Speed : 440 km/h

Drive-train
Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
- Initial Torque : -/5
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/5
- Braking Sensitivity : -/8

Torque Sensing Center Differential (Front/Rear)
- Torque Split : -/-

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -11/-32
- Spring Rate : 9.0/13.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 3/2
- Dampers (Compression) : 5/5
- Anti-Roll Bars : 4/6

Wheel Alignment (Front/Rear)
- Camber angle : +0.0/-0.3
- Toe Angle : +0.0/+0.5

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 3/4

Drive aids
- ABS : 1
Else all off

Tires
- Racing Soft/Soft mandatory.

Tuning circuit
- Rome (~1'11)
- Suzuka (2'13.595)
- Deep forest
- SS R7 (~377km/h)

Tips
- counterturn OR accelerate. Choose.
- I wouldn't recommend changing her top speed, it helps keeping her on the road aswell.
- You may want to put ASM on to learn the car.
- Old school driving technics, like pumping accel while drifting or pumping brakes before a curve helps a lot. She's a really difficult car to control.
- I repeat : this setup is not perfect but it's definitly an improvement over the stock version. Combination of RR + high torque is quite a bad car ingeneer idea imo.
- I challenge you on Suzuka ! :) (I was using RH -15/-36 with 7.9/11.9 springs/no ASM but there was damper compression that hit the ride)

Back to the shop

Are you sure you were driving this times with your 700 bhp YB on Racing Softs?

raVer

Are you sure you were driving this times with your 700 bhp YB on Racing Softs?
1. It's a drift tune (times doesn't matter)
2. The times are very high (suzuka 2:13?) or are they done with medium tires? (But I think it's not that bad for a drift tune!)

Sorry, I was wrong

Last edited:
1. It's a drift tune (times doesn't matter)
2. The times are very high (suzuka 2:13?) or are they done with medium tires? (But I think it's not that bad for a drift tune!)

I know English isn't your first language, but Blueshift's reference to 'drifting' is the cars natural tendency, not his design of the tune.

As for raVen, times don't really mean anything. Bad drivers, good driver, DS3, wheels, etc etc. Judging someone's tune off of their personal times is pointless.

@Adrenaline
Tips

I know what he means with drifting, but this above (countersteer, pumping while drifting) and a user post: "mediums on the rear?" confused me.

@Blueshift
Challenge accepted! (Did a 2:00.6XX without aids!)

I know English isn't your first language, but Blueshift's reference to 'drifting' is the cars natural tendency, not his design of the tune.

As for raVen, times don't really mean anything. Bad drivers, good driver, DS3, wheels, etc etc. Judging someone's tune off of their personal times is pointless.

A Drift tune with racing softs?

He wants to challenge someone on Suzuka.
What a Race or a Drift challenge with this YB?
That´s the reason why I asked.

EivlEvo did compare this tune with the other YB "Grip Tunes" or am I wrong?
Why compare a Drift tune with a Grip tune , that is pointless.

raVer

A Drift tune with racing softs?
He wants to challenge someone on Suzuka.

What a Race or a Drift challenge with this YB?
That´s the reason why I asked.

EivlEvo did compare this tune with the other YB "Grip Tunes" or am I wrong?
Why compare a Drift tune with a Grip tune , that is pointless.

Not you, it was a reply to me.
I was confused about certain things. Sorry!
It's not a tune for drifting and the challenge is of course a challenge in grip racing.

Haha... seriously... I don't mean to poke fun, but the 3 of you guys are all talking about the same thing and arguing about it at the same time and it's sort of hilarious.

Haha... seriously... I don't mean to poke fun, but the 3 of you guys are all talking about the same thing and arguing about it at the same time and it's sort of hilarious.

.....can't see it..........hilarious....no :confused:

is this still the best max tune for this car. this car just wants to drift. also the front wants to jump up, reminds me of the calibras i used to drive, had the same problem in real life.

who knows, maybe a good tune for this car is impossible. maybe an 87 911 was never meant to have 700+ bhp. it also sucks that you cange aero on this car. i think lowering the ride height might help this car. especially the front, maybe a lower front might help it.

adrenatune yellowbird
dr_slump yellowbird
My yellowbird

Those are the MAX TUNE Yellowbird that i know personally.

You have much more HERE

RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87
AdrenaTune
Blueshift
Deep Forest Tunery
Deutsche Rennsport Tuning
Red Valley Racing
Rotary Junkie
Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance
Praiano's Tunes
raVer
richATTK
Red Valley Racing
Ghost Rydor
Infamous Tunes
Team Shmo
Praiano's Tunes
Lazlar Lyrikon Tuning Garage
Clueless Tunes
ugabugaz
Aardvark Garage
Photo Finish Racing
Voodoovaj

Good luck.

most tunes are from 2011 or older.

props to any tuner that can make this car not suck so much fully tuned. adrena doesnt like prais tune and vice versa. which one to choose?

most tunes are from 2011 or older.

props to any tuner that can make this car not suck so much fully tuned. adrena doesnt like prais tune and vice versa. which one to choose?

The below were build within the last 12 months. You'll just have to try them on for size and see if anything fits...

Team Shmo
Praiano's Tunes
Lazlar Lyrikon Tuning Garage
Clueless Tunes
ugabugaz
Aardvark Garage
Photo Finish Racing
Voodoovaj

{Cy}

My Yellow bird tune for 505 makes it one great 500/505 car (IMHO) especially for the ring. At 550, it's decent but the winged BTR is better.

Back