[WTG] Wienish' Tuning Garage - NO MORE REQUESTS PLEASE! - 24/01 Camaro, 106 S16...

• Thread starter Wienish
  • 238 comments
if u want learning dabest, try training Nurbugring on Wet conditions. Really help in controlling your throttle response and when and when not to brake. :) just suggesting

I've just gotten Gold in all the AMG Driving Academy Challenge events, so I guess I've learnt a lot, especially driving in the rain :D
I just want to learn more and more and more!
AMG Driving Academy has now made me love the Nurburgring!!!

Username: jpsingh
Vehicle: SL 55 AMG (R230) '02, Premium car
Use: Racing on all tracks
Budget: no budget
Personal wishes: Without Aero Parts please. Thank you very much

Username: Firminator
Vehicle: McLaren F1 94'
Use: Fast lap at the ring. 'Sleeper' .
Budget: Unlimited
Personal wishes: Make it a sleeper. Like it looks normal then it blows race cars away

Cheers

Username: tony1201
Vehicle: M3 coupe '07
Use: endurance race in Autumn Ring
Budget: 3rd stage weight reduction/ custom suspension/ custom LSD / sport hard tyre only
Personal wishes: reduce more oversteer in corner, and more stability

Thank a lot...hope it don't make more challage for u...^^

Username: diiva
Vehicle: Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Use: Racing
Budget: None
Personal wishes: Need to keep HP below 522 and weight above 1100kg. Pretty much no changes to HP preformance parts since most of the parts are greyed out except stage 3 engine works.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Personal wishes: Make it a sleeper. Like it looks normal then it blows race cars away

Cheers
Request taken, though it's quite weird to concider the McF1 as a sleeper, haha. I'll see what I can do :)
Budget: 3rd stage weight reduction/ custom suspension/ custom LSD / sport hard tyre only

Here can you find another tune of the BMW M3 Coupe, it is on racing softs though, but if you really want me to make a new tune, I'll do it!

Username: nonstop619
Vehicle: Mazda RX-7 SPIRIT R TYPE A (FD) '02
Personal wishes: I need the car to stay at or below 502 HP and above 1000 kg. As it sits now with my current tune (and stock tune) the car is too bouncy even on smooth tracks. This really becomes a problem in heavy breaking corners. The end result is a spin out. Corner #1 at Monza for example.

Thank you for your time.

By the way your tune for the GT-R V Spec (R34) was superb great job!

Cadillac Cien
Aerodynamics F/R: 15/40

LSD Rear, Initial Torque: 8
LSD Rear, Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
LSD Rear, Braking Sensitivity: 13

Ride Height Adjustment F/R: -40/-38
Spring Rate F/R: 16.8/15.2
Dampers (Extension) F/R: 9/4
Dampers (Compression) F/R: 9/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/3

Camber Angle F/R: 1.7/1.0
Toe Angle F/R: 0.00/0.20

Brake Balance F/R: 5/5

Finally a Wienish tune, to a car I own! :P

Deep Forest: 1:08.819
High Speed Ring: 58.885

Deviations: I kept the HP at the ~770 mark, because I wanted to keep the car for online mid-level tiers.

Entry: Car feels good. It's lacking on the braking power, but I'm sure if I bumped up the brake balance on both ends, I could drive in a bit deeper and shave a few tenths off. The car feels pretty balanced, and has good grip as long as you allow the car to 'set'.

Center: It had a bit much rotation in the center, and letting off the gas, pitched the car into the corner. It wasn't a bad thing, but it feels like it might be an LSD issue, masking the suspension characteristics. On a smaller track like this, it's hard to decipher where the true issue lies, but I'll be taking it to another track shortly.

Exit: Understeer. Now, I'm not positive, if this is caused by an unbalance effect from the 'pitching' mentioned above, or if it's just an actual understeer issue. Again, I feel it will become more clear on a larger track. If you watch closely in the late stage of the center of the corner, and pay attention to the car when it settles, you get the most grip, and best turn off. This means not letting the illusion of the pitch, trick you into thinking the car is pointed the right direction yet, as getting to the gas, will force you back into an understeer feel, and you'll be playing with the throttle to get out of the corner smooth, which costs you down the straights. I've been told this mid turn, pitch or twist, is caused by the LSD locking and then unlocking again. I believe it can be eliminated by raising the initial a bit. Getting back to the gas, you do need to be careful of the 2nd gear, throttle control is needed. Once the car shifts into 3rd, you're pretty safe to go straight to full throttle, without any concerns.

Decided to run some laps on the High Speed Ring, to get a better feel for what the car was doing. This track works well, because it seems to eliminate any activation of the LSD.

Best lap was a 58.885 and I do feel understeer from center, all the way through the exit, especially when on throttle. Car appears to roll too much when you let off the throttle mid turn. If I were to toy around with it some more, I'd play with the Initial and de-accel LSD settings, but I feel the understeer from center out, lies within the suspension, and needs to be addressed first.

Out of curiosity, I reversed the ARB & Ride heights, lowered the rear toe to +.10 and then dropped the LSD Accel setting to 30. This cut the lap time down to 58.384. Half a second quicker, allows the car to roll out of the corners a little better, but I still feel this is just cheating the suspension.

Last edited:
Username: Archibadger
Vehicle: McLaren F1 (standard)
Use: Racing on all types of tracks
Budget: No budget
Personal wishes: Max bhp, maximum fun

I think it's great you are willing to review cars, and especially my tunes finally. I'm glad to hear these things about the entering and center of a corner, but less about the exit. In my opinion the car isn't one of my favorits at all, and working without passion for a particular vehicle isn't quite stimulating.

I don't know if I have this with more cars, and I really want to thank you for letting me know what youadjusted, so this won't happen (hopefully) in the nearby future.

Username: WestBigBro
Vehicle: Chevy Camaro 2010
Use: Race
Budget: Any
Personal wishes: Want it to handel tight hair pin turns with the grace of a Butterfly and the stinging Speed of a Bee on straight lines.

*Additional Note: If you feel that its not possible for such a bulky to handle like describe please message me so. Also take your time with the project I am in no rush to get the spec and I have most the upgrades except fully upgraded engine (too steep for my wallet just got the game a few days ago) But please set up the tune with all available (or parts you think will make the car better) into the vehicle. So please have fun with the idea!*

Username: Richardrfo
Vehicle: Peugeot 106 S16 '03
Use: Time Trial - Nurburgring
Personal Wishes: All modifications, Racing Softs. I guess being the Nurburgring top speed will play a big part in it, but hopefully it won't lose too much acceleration in the process, I imagine the handling will stay pretty tight regardless, being such a light car.

I think you'd be the first on GTP to tune one of these too, as I've done a search but unless I'm mistaken, no-one else has tried/posted it.

Last edited:
Username: Acan
Vehicle: Nissan Skyline GTR R33
Use: Special Stage Route 7 (wangan)
Personal Wishes: All modifications, Racing Softs. Great speed without lack of acceleration. Need the R33 for good gripping cornering too...

Username: robrabbitman
Vehicle: RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87
Use: Racing (Drag in particular)
Personal wishes: Great acceleration and top speed, and if possible retain decent handling. I'd like the car to be painted a black color (to make it look somewhat similar to Wangan Midnight's "Blackbird")

I figured it'd probably be an interesting car to try to tune, and you seemed like the best for the job since I tried your V Spec II Nür and it's a monster (I still need to break in the engine for maximum power however) on the straights and corners.

Username: Matauco
Vehicle: BMW Z4 M Coupe
Personal wishes: Only ABS to 1 if possible

Thanks in advance and well done!!!

Username: br1x
Vehicle: Saleen S7
Personal wishes: Good balance between handling and topspeed

Username: dice1998
Vehicle: BMW Concept 1 Series tii
Personal wishes:
-Tune with no driving aids on except ABS 1 & Sports Soft tires
-NO engine tuning (engine stage 1,2,3) and use a mid RPM Turbo, every other engine mod is fine to install (like air filter and ecu).

Username: p-coletray
Vehicle: Saleen S7
Use: Part time Indy and Laguna Car
Budget: unlimited, already maxed out car
Personal wishes: manageable cornering. I think this car could possibly beat a Viper.

Username: dice1998
Vehicle: Subari IMPREZA WRX STI (The hatchback version)
Use: Hot Hatchback Racing
Budget: No limit
Personal wishes:

-Engine ECU mod only & Low RPM range turbo
all other engine mods (like manifold and racing exhaust) is fine

-Sport Soft tire tuning please

Username: TJDowning
Vehicle: DELTA HF INTERGRALE Evoluzione '91
Use: To beat dice1998's WRX
Personal wishes: Understeer annoys me so if you can sort that a little would be nice.

Username: VicioustC
Vehicle: Nissan R33 GTR
Use: Blasting through the Nurburgring
Personal wishes: The R33 is kind of the "third wheel" in the Skyline family. No one really pays attention to it. Hopefully more people will after seeing its tailights :D

Username: GTP_alexi
Vehicle: YellowHat YMS Tomica GT-R
Personal wishes: No aids and 518BHP max

Thanks 👍

Username: dabest250
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '540, Premium
Use: Perfect for learning the Nurburgring, and another tune for hardcore racing on the Nuburgring
Personal wishes: None

Also, Wienish, do Comfort tyres serve any purpose?
Do they actually help you learn the circuit?

Username: flyingpigs
Vehicle: lancer evo vi gsr tm scp
Use: wet lap on Nurburgring.
Personal wishes: max the car out. enjoy the ride on wet. i kept crashing even with proper throttle control. ):

Username: jpsingh
Vehicle: SL 55 AMG (R230) '02, Premium car
Use: Racing on all tracks
Budget: no budget
Personal wishes: Without Aero Parts please. Thank you very much

Cheers

Username: diiva
Vehicle: Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Personal wishes: Need to keep HP below 522 and weight above 1100kg. Pretty much no changes to HP preformance parts since most of the parts are greyed out except stage 3 engine works.

Thank you.

Username: nonstop619
Vehicle: Mazda RX-7 SPIRIT R TYPE A (FD) '02
Personal wishes: I need the car to stay at or below 502 HP and above 1000 kg. As it sits now with my current tune (and stock tune) the car is too bouncy even on smooth tracks. This really becomes a problem in heavy breaking corners. The end result is a spin out. Corner #1 at Monza for example.

Thank you for your time.

By the way your tune for the GT-R V Spec (R34) was superb great job!

Username: donaldwong
Vehicle: XANAVI NISMO Z 06
Personal wishes: Need to keep HP below 530

Thank you.

Username: Archibadger
Vehicle: McLaren F1 (standard)
Personal wishes: Max bhp, maximum fun

Username: WestBigBro
Vehicle: Chevy Camaro 2010
Use: Race
Personal wishes: Want it to handel tight hair pin turns with the grace of a Butterfly and the stinging Speed of a Bee on straight lines.

*Additional Note: If you feel that its not possible for such a bulky to handle like describe please message me so. Also take your time with the project I am in no rush to get the spec and I have most the upgrades except fully upgraded engine (too steep for my wallet just got the game a few days ago) But please set up the tune with all available (or parts you think will make the car better) into the vehicle. So please have fun with the idea!*

Username: Richardrfo
Vehicle: Peugeot 106 S16 '03
Use: Time Trial - Nurburgring
Personal Wishes: All modifications, Racing Softs. I guess being the Nurburgring top speed will play a big part in it, but hopefully it won't lose too much acceleration in the process, I imagine the handling will stay pretty tight regardless, being such a light car.

I think you'd be the first on GTP to tune one of these too, as I've done a search but unless I'm mistaken, no-one else has tried/posted it.

Username: Acan
Vehicle: Nissan Skyline GTR R33
Use: Special Stage Route 7 (wangan)
Personal Wishes: All modifications, Racing Softs. Great speed without lack of acceleration. Need the R33 for good gripping cornering too...

Username: robrabbitman
Vehicle: RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87
Use: Racing (Drag in particular)
Personal wishes: Great acceleration and top speed, and if possible retain decent handling. I'd like the car to be painted a black color (to make it look somewhat similar to Wangan Midnight's "Blackbird")

I figured it'd probably be an interesting car to try to tune, and you seemed like the best for the job since I tried your V Spec II Nür and it's a monster (I still need to break in the engine for maximum power however) on the straights and corners.

I will make these 21 tunes this weekend and next week, and would like to announce that I'm stopping Tunes on request. I'm thinking of just going my own way instead, like others do. It gives me more tie to perfectionise the cars, and with this I only tune when I feel like, instead of every time I get online.

I hope no-one is bothered with this announcement.

Take some extra time on that Camaro 2010 SS, and I can pit it up against RKM and LDP if you're interested?
Sport Soft Tires, and just under 600 horses, which is convenient as the request calls for the absence of Engine Tune Stage 3 :)

Username: Simmy9FIVE
Vehicle: Audi R10 TDI
Use: Race (Endurance)
Personal wishes: Optimise for De La Sarthe 2009 with Racing - Soft

Take some extra time on that Camaro 2010 SS, and I can pit it up against RKM and LDP if you're interested?
Sport Soft Tires, and just under 600 horses, which is convenient as the request calls for the absence of Engine Tune Stage 3 :)
I think I'm okay with that.

Username: Simmy9FIVE
Vehicle: Audi R10 TDI
Use: Race (Endurance)
Personal wishes: Optimise for De La Sarthe 2009 with Racing - Soft
Please read next time, before you post. 2 messages above your post, you can read I am stopping tuning on request. I will do the 21 requests that are pending, but I will take my time for it. I'm sorry to say this, but your request isn't going to get done.

Any chance you could put up a solid tune for an Evo IX RM, I have been looking for a perfect tune for a while and I bet you could get it done.

As I said, I'm now busy with making the 21 tunes, and making them good. For the last time:

Wienish' Tuning Garage doesn't accept new requests!

Maybe i'm blind here, but I can't seem to find the weight for each car! Would you mind adding the total weight to each tune (or at least future tunes)? That'd be super helpful! Thanks!

Maybe i'm blind here, but I can't seem to find the weight for each car! Would you mind adding the total weight to each tune (or at least future tunes)? That'd be super helpful! Thanks!

The car's weight is a fact that doesn't change. The weight reducing levels are given, and the car doesn't become more heavy after some driving, so I thought it would be okay. But if you like to see it this way, I will do it in the future tunes and edit it into the others sometime ;)

YO Wienish! Take a break man. no Rush on anything. :D u have more tuned cars compared to other garages man. Haha.

that's why i'm taking it easy now :) I want to take it slow and make BETTER tunes than the previous tunes were. And I'm going to do this internship thingy in a week or 2, and start working in a supermarket at about the same time, so I simply can't take new requests ;)

Awwww... im too late :(

i wanted to request a tune for my newly acquired Viper ACR (got from the 1000 ticket :D)

but take your time Wienish, im loving your tunes so far, especially the Takata Dome NSX and the RM Dodge Challenger :D

The tunes won't come up in the right order either, since I'm thinking it's more important to get some tunes done quicker than others. For example: I'm now busy doing the Camaro SS '10 (still), because I want to get back some of the reputation I lost by Adrenaline's review about my Cien (the car I didn't like by myself either, to be honest). No offence to Adrenaline please, he is just doing his job, telling the truth and even helping by giving hints in his reviews!

The RUF CTR Yellow Bird tune is done, but it's just a terrible car to cruise with, if you know what I mean. I'll post that tune today or tomorrow!

well. hope u enjoy your new found job. and btw, any advice on how to start to a tune by myself? like what car should be a first. to understand like every effect of suspension on it. i just vaguely know what is what but still a newbie at it. :(

Back