Comfort Soft vs Sport Hard Tires?

• Thread starter g0dzilla
  • 4 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I couldn't find the thread by searching. I'm trying to find out whether comfort soft or sport hard tires offer more grip?

Do tires in each category offer more grip than the last, or is there some overlap? Such as Comfort Soft being stickier than Sport Hard, but less than Sport Medium?

Thanks!

Someone on this forum has tested the tyres and he reckoned there was about 1.5 seconds per lap difference between tyres (as you go up from hard / medium / soft).

So according to his test, the sports hard would offer more grip than the comfort soft.

Also, alot of high performance cars come with sports hard tyres as standard, so I would tend to agree that these would be better. 👍

Thanks for info, I'd experiment for myself, but just don't have the time right now.

I played a little over new years weekend and just found the Mercedes 190E Evolution II for sale. Everything stock, it ran good on comfort soft and felt like driving a real car. With sport soft, it felt way to sticky (I like a tiny bit of oversteer). Didn't get around to purchasing and testing with sport hard/medium, but I'm trying to find the tires 1 step up from comfort soft in terms of grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back