::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 5 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,001 comments

Q1: Season Car choice? / Q2: Should we run another Preseason race? **2 votes only!**

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interested if there is any openings. Will run either class.

You're in.

Details?

Regarding qual tires:

I think we should qualify on hard tires as its visible to begin with in the replay.

Runing soft in practice mode vs. running hard online is like driving two different cars. This require two different tunes, at least for me. To cut down on preperation time I think it would be better if we do qual and race on the same tire.

Yes, Andil suggested also. I never knew you could see what tire you used. I guess i was focused too much on the lap times. I shall do it now :)

Regarding qual tires:

I think we should qualify on hard tires as its visible to begin with in the replay.

Runing soft in practice mode vs. running hard online is like driving two different cars. This require two different tunes, at least for me. To cut down on preperation time I think it would be better if we do qual and race on the same tire.

+1:tup:

Hard Racing Tires from now on for both Qualy and Race.

Hi! But why change the rule from this Last pre season race and dont do it there from the next Championship?
I suggest u a solutions for the tyres: why dont use two different tyres during the race, pit stop mandatory and use soft and hard compound like in F1 race.
That will be very interesting. (sorry for my English).

For me there isn't a real problem from soft and hard tyres just find the fine compromise car setting. I Formula 1 is the same..

Change the rule now I think is not totally correct, in this week end I lost time to find the right balance with soft tires..and now I have to delete all..if there are rule..is right are there for all preseason. For the next all can be change. This is my opinion. :)

Monaco could be a real driver challenge, with damage set to full, it is going to take real concentration and driver skill imo. Definitely worthwhile. Overtaking is tricky, so pit strategy might come into play somewhat.

I'm fine with the track list as it is. It's currently an 11 race series with the special event included. Two Fuji's though!? :P

I think there is plenty of scope for good racing in this series, I am rather excited.

Hi! But why change the rule from this Last pre season race and dont do it there from the next Championship?
I suggest u a solutions for the tyres: why dont use two different tyres during the race, pit stop mandatory and use soft and hard compound like in F1 race.

It would be cool, but it doesn't work out very well in GT5 unfortunately, the tyres don't show up if I understand correctly, so its its going to be very hard to police who has used what tyres over the race.

Even if you can see the tyres, it would be quite a job for the stewards to review the race and check each competitor used the both sets of tyres.

Otherwise, it would be good to use both the hard and the medium sets of tyres for the race, and make it compulsory.

Hey guys... So strange.... On race day last Friday I was having major issues getting back into Monohas lounge. I got in for qualifying then went to get a bite to eat, got booted and couldnt get back in no matter what I did.

Last night I had a classic car race with a lobby of 16 people (worldwide) on De La Sarthe and we managed to do qualifying and a full 17 lap race with No lag or issues whatsoever. I guess its sort of hit or miss... I hope I can make it for this race though! Will do my qualifying laps soon 👍

Monaco could be a real driver challenge, with damage set to full, it is going to take real concentration and driver skill imo. Definitely worthwhile. Overtaking is tricky, so pit strategy might come into play somewhat.

I'm fine with the track list as it is. It's currently an 11 race series with the special event included. Two Fuji's though!? :P

I think there is plenty of scope for good racing in this series, I am rather excited.

It would be cool, but it doesn't work out very well in GT5 unfortunately, the tyres don't show up if I understand correctly, so its its going to be very hard to police who has used what tyres over the race.

Even if you can see the tyres, it would be quite a job for the stewards to review the race and check each competitor used the both sets of tyres.

Otherwise, it would be good to use both the hard and the medium sets of tyres for the race, and make it compulsory.

I don't like Fuji either, to be honest... we'll see about that.

Anyway, you're right Steve. Plus, consider the crap replay system we have right now. Stewards would literally take hours to check which tires are being used.

Also, this will not be the final preseason race as far as i can see (poll results). It will be a night race (or 24 hour time change mini enduro) at La Sarthe.

Hey guys... So strange.... On race day last Friday I was having major issues getting back into Monohas lounge. I got in for qualifying then went to get a bite to eat, got booted and couldnt get back in no matter what I did.

Last night I had a classic car race with a lobby of 16 people (worldwide) on De La Sarthe and we managed to do qualifying and a full 17 lap race with No lag or issues whatsoever. I guess its sort of hit or miss... I hope I can make it for this race though! Will do my qualifying laps soon 👍

That sucks man. Everything went smooth for D1. Try clearing your online cache (options > network settings) and resetting your router before races :)

REMINDER TO ALL Rule change, Hard Racing Tyres now mandatory for qualifying.

I just ran a 1.52.0 in my Denso Lexus (not run in). That of course being redundant now the rule is hard tyres.

I think the qualy will be a bit more challenging on the hard tyres, the softs are almost impossible to spin powering out of corners.

It was touch and go whether I would make it. I got kicked out 5 times. I reset my router, my PS3, I had given up up. I gave it one last go just for the hell of it, and I stayed connected for the rest of the event.

I will try clearing my cache in future, it looks like connectivity may be a serious issue for some (one in which we can do nothing about), lets hope it doesn't ruin races for anyone.

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, i have a room up for practice.

Only open for about an hour.

Room # 1472-6399-8408-2426-8637

Last edited:

Even if I understand your point of view, I think Masi is doing the right thing by implementing hard tires for quali immediately. The objective of the pre-season is to get to what we believe is the right rules ASAP so they can be tested. Move fast developing the rules rather than be perfect in the current event. Its a compromize, but I think its the right prioirity.

Currently testing the Epson, and i must say, i kinda miss driving a much faster car :D

But i think ill still stick with the GT300. Just did a 2'03.xxx with an un-tuned Cusco.

Room # 1472-6399-8408-2426-8637 (closed)

Last edited:
Even if I understand your point of view, I think Masi is doing the right thing by implementing hard tires for quali immediately. The objective of the pre-season is to get to what we believe is the right rules ASAP so they can be tested. Move fast developing the rules rather than be perfect in the current event. Its a compromize, but I think its the right prioirity.
I understood and I accept all that, just I working all day and I have usually time for setting my car only during the weekend..received this news this morning leave me surprise. Anyway it's ok. ;)

It was touch and go whether I would make it. I got kicked out 5 times. I reset my router, my PS3, I had given up up. I gave it one last go just for the hell of it, and I stayed connected for the rest of the event.

I will try clearing my cache in future, it looks like connectivity may be a serious issue for some (one in which we can do nothing about), lets hope it doesn't ruin races for anyone.

Yeah, I dont know what it was either.... Monoha started the lounge, I joined and everything was normal... Went out to do some practice runs and then Monoha mentioned the race would start in an hour so I stayed in the pits and went to get a bite to eat... I came back near race time and I saw that I had been booted out of the lounge. I tried getting back in, but it said due to network incompatibility I could not join the lounge. Then I cleared cache, reset router... the usual set of steps... Still no luck. Exited game and restarted, repeated cache clearing and such... No luck... Whatever I did I couldnt get in because of the previously stated reasons....

Yesterday I did not have issues whatsoever... Ran a 17 lapper on De La Sarthe in that old Alfa race car with 16 people from around the world and the lobby was stable for over 2 hours... and no lag either... So hopefully I can make it to this race if the network permits! :)

Not a race report :dopey:

Just a few pics from the formation lap up to the start...

1-9.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-5.jpg

5-5.jpg

Looking down the Corkscrew (GTP_Senninha)
6-4.jpg

7-4.jpg

Field takes the Green Flag...
8-4.jpg

GTP_Sigma leads the field to Turn 1...
10-3.jpg

The rest of the field...
9-2.jpg

11-3.jpg

30 laps to go :cheers:
12-3.jpg

:gtplanet:

p.s. if you want larger sizes, just ask me.

p.s.s. more to come...

Did you choose the race day for when the season starts masi??

Sometimes i spend the weekend off town, so friday night is not so good for me.

I don't think i'm going to participate in this week race too. :(

The only thing I'd suggest with the track list is using Nurb GP instead of one of the Fujis. Other than that, we're pretty much crippled by the amount of real world tracks PD decided to put in the game. You need all of those to fill out a 10 race series.

Regarding starting procedure, we had an interesting one in Spec Miata last night. I didn't know this could be done, so I'll share.
Step 1: Everyone backs out to the lobby so no one has a valid qualifying lap.
Step 2: Everyone enters the track, drives out of the pits and parks at the side of the track. You must not complete a lap.
Step 3: Drivers line up in the order in which the grid should start. First place drives down the road a bit and parks, second stops a couple car lengths behind them, and so on. It doesn't really matter how you do it as long as everyone is well separated into their positions, and no one completes a lap while doing so.
Step 4: Start the race. Because no one has completed a quali lap, the game will assign you grid positions according to who is furthest progressed around the track. Which is neatly the order in which you arranged yourselves.

I thought this was brilliant. You can take your time to make sure that everyone is organised into the right positions before you go. You lose the whole rolling start a la RL SuperGT, but I thought given the issues last week I should share this as a possible alternative.

rolling start i bieleve is better and more sGT style :D. but the way u say it its also nice :D as for track list fuji gt is a must, suzuka, indy f1 track, monaco(near the end to get over the hate for it lol) nurb gp f, gp d, daytona roadcourse, monza, laguna, as from the original ones trial mountain, high speed ring( change weather), deep forest raceway

Last edited:
wow alot of activity while ive been at work today lol lots of reading up...

1st i agree with hard tyres at mo, it just seems too easy on softs when on hards you have to fight every corner... you can knock off seconds if you do a very good lap.

2nd i saw a few posts about taking Fuji off??? why its a great track and good for the super gts

Two rounds at Fuji though? I agree it would be a crime to not have it, but years of playing Prologue has sort of given me enough of Fuji for a lifetime...

Firstly, I'd like to say that the Formation lap images and grid start look very cool. 👍 The Formation lap is a good way to build the tension also.

A few points about the starts, I wasn't sure at which point it was fair to start accelerating from the straight as the leader of the pack, since there is no green light in this race like there is in the real super GT. Perhaps a rule clarification that the leader must choose to accelerate at some point between where the grid markings begin and the the start/finish line.

Also I notice in that photo that the Yellow GTR and the Xanavi are very close to the cars in front of them, perhaps a two car length minimum might be a good idea?

2nd i saw a few posts about taking Fuji off??? why its a great track and good for the super gts

Fuji is a definitely in, its just I wouldn't personally put two rounds of Fuji in.

The second Fuji could be replaced by Tsukuba, a Japanese track, and a reasonable track, but perhaps a little small for these sort of grids, lapping could become an issue.

It could also be replaced Nurburgring GP, which is a track that is suited excellently for Super GT cars. There is already a Nurburgring special event though, although with the Nordschelife included, radically changing the dynamics of the track.

Last edited:
Two rounds at Fuji though? I agree it would be a crime to not have it, but years of playing Prologue has sort of given me enough of Fuji for a lifetime...

Yeah. What he said.

I really think you should let Tsukuba in. Just try it with this cars.

Maybe we could separate the 2 classes for that event to prevent the large amount of backmarckers the gt 500 would have to lap.

How are you getting the GT300 cars to 330+ HP without mods? I thought that all the GT300 models were closer to 300HP. I just bought a brand new Cusco Suburu Impreza last week and with no mods it says it is only 308 HP. I was trying to match your qualifying times over the weekend and not getting anywhere close. Best lap was only 1:30.xxx. I admit that I never had a completely clean lap, and that I was still workling on the tune, but felt like I was never going to catch up with the low times that were being posted for the GT300 cars.

Break it in and change the oil. Give it to your B-spec driver for the longest race you can find and let him race it for an hour or two. Then change the oil. Power will go up to about 333 for the Subaru.

How are you getting the GT300 cars to 330+ HP without mods? I thought that all the GT300 models were closer to 300HP. I just bought a brand new Cusco Suburu Impreza last week and with no mods it says it is only 308 HP. I was trying to match your qualifying times over the weekend and not getting anywhere close. Best lap was only 1:30.xxx. I admit that I never had a completely clean lap, and that I was still workling on the tune, but felt like I was never going to catch up with the low times that were being posted for the GT300 cars.

Do an oil change and put about 250 miles on it. I'm somewhere in the 330hp range at this point. My Arta has 352hp.

Tim

Details:

PSN ID: OwensRacing

GT500: Calsonic GTR

As for the tracks, I am open on that as well. I will admit that the Ring is something I am not fast at. The GP track there, it much better for me then the trail. All others sound fun, Tsukuba may be tight with a field of cars, but that truly sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back