Weight Transfer/Transition, Drift Linking?

Mentaiko_Allergy
ViolentJ619
Hello all,
I've been lurking this place for awhile and i want to say thanks to the people who have been sharing info, it has helped me a lot. My question to all of the experienced wheel users is how are you guys initiating the weight transfer so you can link a drift? That is one of my biggest issues right now. I can initiate (feint, braking, etc) hold, and complete a drift, but i can't find a way to transfer the weight without spinning out.

I tried searching the forum but there isn't really a subject on it. I'm a DFGT user (saving up for a g25, although i don't think the DFGT is that bad) and i'm running the s13 with Twinturbo's settings. Awesome car btw. So what says GTP?

If you're on about linking drifts together, its the hardest part of weight transfer and simply takes practice( I know everyone says that, but it's true)

But yeah when exiting a drift you need to almost extend the drift cutting out the part where you would straighten up, then shift the weight just the right amount(aka enough so that you can drift again, but not so much that you spin out).

You might wanna check your throttle control as well mate, Might be being a bit to heavy on it, before you're countering it.

btw, I Use the Driving Force Pro, which is like the old model of the DFGT.

Hope that helps :)

If you want to practice sometime, Add me and send me a message.

PSN: SyG_RiiVAL

When changing direction in a drift do the following:
Steer into the direction you want the car to go (countersteer more) and lift of the gas for a moment. This will make the weight shift towards the front and give the front tires more grip and it will also make the rear of the car come around faster. Now catch the tail of the car with countersteer and the trottle, from here on there just continue like you would in anyother drift.

Hope that helps, practice is what helps most tho. Just keep at it ;)
I use the DFGT btw.

Thank you both for your help, i'll have to get in the lab and practice this. I think autumn ring mini would be good to practice this. What maps would you guys suggest?

mini is a good learner track, its generally flat, with few undelations(spelling). I use mini, to test/tune potential drift cars, and to warm up.

When changing direction in a drift do the following:
Steer into the direction you want the car to go (countersteer more) and lift of the gas for a moment. This will make the weight shift towards the front and give the front tires more grip and it will also make the rear of the car come around faster. Now catch the tail of the car with countersteer and the trottle, from here on there just continue like you would in anyother drift.

Hope that helps, practice is what helps most tho. Just keep at it ;)
I use the DFGT btw.
^ This, you could also give the brakes a quick jab if you have your bias forward-ish, This will grab the front and pull it down, further transferring the weight to the front, this is all about timing though, because if you do it to early or too late, then you will spin out. Try and get it just as the car is coming straight is the right time.

bump to a somewaht older thread but i found it easier to do myself by letting off gas, downshift and it kinda engine brakes abruptly while i steer in the direction of the new drift and upshift and give it gas and feather it and it keeps it going, ive linked some drifts in tokyo 246 after the big "U" corner and kept it linked up to the next 2 consecutive right 90degree turns. DS3 no wheel though :/
seems to work in the stock SS Trueno and my self made S15 Tune

bump to a somewaht older thread but i found it easier to do myself by letting off gas, downshift and it kinda engine brakes abruptly while i steer in the direction of the new drift and upshift and give it gas and feather it and it keeps it going, ive linked some drifts in tokyo 246 after the big "U" corner and kept it linked up to the next 2 consecutive right 90degree turns. DS3 no wheel though :/
seems to work in the stock SS Trueno and my self made S15 Tune

Transitioning on a DS3 is actually really simple, its as easy as just flicking the stick. You dont need to do all of those things you mentioned to transition really, but I assume a good tune does help.

I drift using a controller atm as when they sent my wheel there was no power lead in the box. But IRL i use a lift off to transfer the weight to continue the drift and if i carry to much speed grab the e-brake to slow me down a little. I am yet to try this in game yet thought.

DrifT天国;4603333
Thank you both for your help, i'll have to get in the lab and practice this. I think autumn ring mini would be good to practice this. What maps would you guys suggest?

It sounds stupid, but i got a feel for transitioning, on the big S before the tunnel, on High Speed Ring. Try that one a coupel fo times, and don't be afraid to throw the car agressively. It will make you learn the car's limits, as well as your own.

Back