minimarco: SLR bonus round (Small Update - Feb2)

• Thread starter MiniMarco
  • 70 comments
layahma
Hello everybody, this is Marco here. Seeing as I do photomode more than I race now a days, might as well start a collection of some shots I like. Enjoy

Links to updates:
Ford GT in "Ford GT Not Moving Very Fast"
Lamborghini Miura in "Miura Phone Home"
Alfa Romeos in "Yellow Snow"
Experiments 1 300SL, 2 Ferrari F2007
FT86 in "Untitled #86"
Experiment 3 SLR
Or just scroll down...

Let's start off with something classy...

I call this collection:
"Ford GT not moving very fast except for one picture"
Click for larger of more of the same

Last edited:
Wow some fantastic Pictures here mate fresh off the PS3 right ?
Oh and you might want to rephrase post number 3 :lol:

Wow some fantastic Pictures here mate fresh off the PS3 right ?
Thanks! Nah, They are all adjusted a lil bit to make the colors more coherent within the set. and a bit of noise added because some of the gradients in the skies look pixelated, but all very slight editing.
Oh and you might want to rephrase post number 3 :lol:
I see what you mean....
well it's just an expression, it doesn't mean anything, like what's up dog, or give peace a chance.
:sly:

Last edited:
I guess i should finnaly break down and buy a pair of Boyd Cottingtons. They look good.
But more ontopic, the First 3 and the last ones i love. Great colors and framing.

I can't seem to leave Toscana... I'll try something else next time. I swear.
This set didn't come out as good as the GT, didn't feel it.

"Miura phone home"

I think 4 and 6 is kinda weak. I like the flag in 6... but I should've positioned it a bit more to the left. It's too cluttered on the right it seems.

The last one there is kinda creepy now I look at it...

critiques welcomed

I guess i should finnaly break down and buy a pair of Boyd Cottingtons. They look good.
But more ontopic, the First 3 and the last ones i love. Great colors and framing.
Thanks! I like the way sunset reflects off black cars. But yeah I never paid attention to them at GTauto as they look kinda ugly straight on from the side. It's not until I saw those wheels on the art morrison vette before I started putting them on every car possible.

Last edited:
I like the framing of and colour of shot 1 in your Ford GT set. 👍 Although there's a few nice shots there.

Same goes for the Miura set. Maybe not quite as good as the GT set as you say but still not that far off it though. Also agree with you the flag is great in there and would have been just a bit nicer had it been more on he left. Nice overall.

Looks like another gallery I'll have to keep my eye on.

Hey! It's a very interesting gallery, you made it perfect on GT #1, #5 and #9! Muira shots are especially stunning, just wanted to do the same angles and locations... now have to search for smth different:guilty::)

Like it!

Subscribed!

Thanks for the love peeps!

Okay so I left Toscana for Alaska. After playing around in the snow during sunset, I decided to go for a dreamy look with this set. I call it..

"Yellow Snow"

This kinda took me awhile to do. I only kept 1 in 5 shots for this particular shoot, vs the previous 1 in 3. I found the 8C to be very hard to shoot, so I had to bring in it's little brothers to help out. Editing out the snow pixels on cars for shots 8 and 9 also took awhile, can't stand the dirt and snow pixelation in this game. 7 is pretty weak, but I thought it'd be funny to post a picture that's 90% blurred.

Hope you guys like ass shots!

I feel your pain with having to clean up rough pixels from snow or dirt. Big pain.

Not a bad set, nice feel overall. I really like number 1, that ones the standout to me.

GPR
Not a bad set, nice feel overall. I really like number 1, that ones the standout to me.
Thanks! Yeah i do a close up shot like that for every car I do to get a feel for the mood, and I try to keep it through the set. same thing with the gt and miura. Kinda feels like Man Ray, isolating a curve on the car like the way he did with a women's body. But the human and the object have a reverse effect.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking at my gallery. Your pictures look great. I really like the last picture in your second set.

On a side note, I'm disappointed that 'standard' cars quality were cut back and you can't get as nice of photos as the 'premium' cars. :grumpy:

Anyways, keep up the good work

Minimarco, you're too modest. You know, it's always very interesting to look at experiments. It's always smth unique and deserves feedback wether you like it or not. I have a suggestion for theese shots - try pointing edges in bold black and put some more gradients. Also flattering image, I mean removing any reality from these shots will make them perfect vintage posters!
I like them. they are interesting, catching attention and I would like you to give this try further push!

They look really cool. I may try something like that later.

AP774K-monaco-racing-poster-1948.jpg

Minimarco, you're too modest. You know, it's always very interesting to look at experiments. It's always smth unique and deserves feedback wether you like it or not. I have a suggestion for theese shots - try pointing edges in bold black and put some more gradients. Also flattering image, I mean removing any reality from these shots will make them perfect vintage posters!
I like them. they are interesting, catching attention and I would like you to give this try further push!

haha thanks, and thanks for the suggestion i'll definitely push it a bit more.

They look really cool. I may try something like that later.

I was going for the pop look without going all the way to flat blocks of shapes. But ...it does sorta look like those old posters... I bet the F10 and F2007 would look awesome if given that treatment!

p.s. Hey! you are in Vancouver too.

Last edited:
I have nothing to against experimental photoshop work. At least I love those painting like texture with great colour combinations. Great stuff 👍

Does this work?

I'm not totally loving it... should've made the car bigger.
I like how in that monaco poster, the car is actually jumping out of the frame. Wish I noticed it sooner and made mine like that.

Last edited:
Looks pretty retro-tastic to me. Honestly if it weren't a modern car on there I would have been fooled. 👍 :cheers:

Hmmm... I think no, the car is just right, maybe just positioning it at the bottoms on the contrast with Coliseum... that's just my vision. Actually the mini cooper you've asked me to do is half of its way to my gallery and it will be of the similar style) like it, i like 60s, and like the way you did it!

Back