minimarco: SLR bonus round (Small Update - Feb2)

• Thread starter MiniMarco
  • 70 comments
It's really really good to see some more artistic work being done with GT5 photos and that SLR poster is right up my street. You have some serious talent when it comes to illustration type work! The 'Cars' entry is spot on too, it looks as if it could be straight from the film!

The poster is verry cool, i like the retro feel about it. The FT-86 is verry weard/cool at the same time. The heat in the Peugeot picture is verry nice. Also the SLR shoot is verry original, keep up the great work.
(Plz visit if you have the time)

I wonder how I missed this gallery! Your style is very unique and I like it very much. Really looking forward to your updates, man!

Of course you shop entry is great.

That SLR image comp piece is very interesting. it does look quite illustrative, which is something you seem to do well. The colurs are quite nice on it, it kind of looks like a crazy cool looking wrapping paper stock to me.

Very original. 👍

Last one is crazy enough for me. :D :lol:

Nice job on the Cars promotional too.
Yeah i knew you'd like it. you were the one who gave me the "abstract" idea
and thanks, I love Cars so this was fun.
SVX
Both are awesome! I like the colours for the SLR shots, and the Gallardo Cars shot is very well done, too!
thanks! appreciate it. I thought black and white might be too boring so I kept a bit of the blueishness in. The bonus round I thought it could've had brighter more primary colors, but it was harder than i thought to achieve.
You have some really clever concepts. Love the pixar one. :)
The FT86 are near identical to an artist concept rendering of new cars. 👍
Thanks! I think my concept are mostly slight modification to whatever inspired me, but that's how it is nowadays, everythings been done! but I try to make my cover versions unique though.

I see what you mean with the FT comment, haven't thought of that, but I guess it is kinda similar. might be cool to try and take a picture of a car and transform it back to what the original concept drawings might look like.
Your SLR remix is kinda cool. Looks like an album cover or something like that. :P
Thanks for dropping by again. hmm I think it could work, I would listen to it if it was haha. But what would it be... I see sort of improvised jazzy sorta hippie heavy metal kinda thing haha.
It's really really good to see some more artistic work being done with GT5 photos and that SLR poster is right up my street. You have some serious talent when it comes to illustration type work! The 'Cars' entry is spot on too, it looks as if it could be straight from the film!
hey Thanks for looking, and thanks for the comments. I think it's quite fun to use pictures as a medium to create with, more fun than I thought and it's taking a lot away from my time. Whatever street you are on, it sounds cool and I definitely want to go =D My day job/night job is animating and drawing every waking moment, so I think you can tell I'm better at taking a picture and drawing over it than actually taking the picture. and Cars is right up my alley too, but your entry is pretty awesome. I'm not great with photo-realism photoshooping like you can do.
The poster is verry cool, i like the retro feel about it. The FT-86 is verry weard/cool at the same time. The heat in the Peugeot picture is verry nice. Also the SLR shoot is verry original, keep up the great work.
(Plz visit if you have the time)
thanks thanks and thanks, I can't promise i'll try, but i'll try to try.
(I do have time, will be dropping by)
I wonder how I missed this gallery! Your style is very unique and I like it very much. Really looking forward to your updates, man!
Maybe I should put BooBies in the title =P Thanks, I'll see what i can come up with
GPR
Of course you shop entry is great.
That SLR image comp piece is very interesting. it does look quite illustrative, which is something you seem to do well. The colurs are quite nice on it, it kind of looks like a crazy cool looking wrapping paper stock to me.
Very original. 👍
hehe Thanks, I love crazy cool looking wrapping papers, any vintage patterns, colors, shapes, lines.... well everything interest me i guess. I do carry around a kaleidoscope everywhere I go though.

Wow.

Can't believe I missed this gallery till now- the work in here is amazing, I know there are elements that you yourself aren't so happy with (the sign of a true artist!) and I'm sure that if we picked them apart we'd find flaws technically, but the creativity! It actually excites me that someone is producing images like these; there are lots of galleries on here with nice photos of cars which honestly, are easy enough to do with this tool we have been given. But your work is on another level... You're not just pushing the boundries, you're getting someone to crouch down behind them and shoving them head over heels!

Loving it, and am subscribing (as soon as I work out how) You are now officially a main source of inspiration for my own work. 👍

Awesome gallery. Lots of variation and alot of new stuff that you try (and succeed). I look forward seeing more great things from you!

Oh my :bowdown: like some wise gentlemen have said it is a punishment that I missed this gallery Pure Genius .

Latest Posts

Back