Karelian MotorWorks - Updated with Racing Elise!

• Thread starter Temetias.
  • 220 comments
Finland
Finland
Temetias
RedBullHangar-7_1-2.jpg

Karelian Motorworks, also known as KMW, started in GT4 forum back in september 2010. In the early days, KMW was just a little tuning shack annoying the bigger garages and their owners with lightning fast tunes. We started with transforming some regular GT4 cars into pure racing machines, but later on some street legal setups were released too. Now the garage is well known in GT4 tuning community. You can enter the GT4 garage here. Now we're releasing our setups here too. Our main target will be quality, not the amount of tunes. There won't be updates everyday, but when there is one, you can bet that the car is good. There are three of us creating the setups: nomis3613, Temetias. and Z1-AV69. Feel free to ask us anything by replying to this thread or via PM.
All the setups posted here are aimed to make the car 'as good as it gets'. We are no wizards, though. I can't promise that your Fiat 500 can beat a Viper in a drag race. No, it just can't. What we can do is attempt to find the perfect balance between power and grip to ensure the best possible drivability of the vehicle, so your Fiat might beat the Viper around corners. Maybe... Most of the cars you'll see are street legal which means they are on sport or comfort tyres, but that doesn't mean that there won't be any race-weapon updates time to time. We use Cape Ring South to test our cars. Even though you might consider it quite random, it has some of the best corners for testing in the whole game and therefore it will be a good way to measure a car's pace. The main straight of the track is relatively short so the cars won't have very impressive top speeds, but most of the setups allow you to change gear ratios by adjusting the final gear. And just for you to know: we have no car limitations. We will tune classics and modern cars to the real limit of their performance.

Below you can see the list of the setups we have, in alphabetical order. As you might have noticed, KMW gives the car a new name that describes the car better. Don't worry though, the base model is written in the setup post, so you don't have to worry about getting confused. Each banner acts as a hyperlink to the setup. Banner consists some info that you might want to know: Power, weight and the CRS laptime, which is the best measure for the pace of the car. We usually include PP to the setup post too so online racers can find their pick too. Please notice that all of the car's are tuned in but not necessarily for offline racing. Still they manage quite well in online too. If the car has massive pace difference between online and offline, we'll write it to the setup. But now, click on one. Any one of them, they're all good!

Feel free to comment or ask anything about the setups. As stated in the banner, reviews are more than welcome and we will award good rewiews by tuning a setup for a car requested. But please don't make it difficult for us: avoid cars with high price tag and race cars. If you want your Pagani Zonda R, or something else as expensive, tuned you'll have to send it for us. Or write a reeeally good review... Drifters possible, but I'd recommend you to visit some of the drift tuners instead. If you want to quote a part of the setup for your review, please don't quote the entire post! This has been a problem in the other garages. If you just want to post a short comment, only quote the name of the car. In long reviews you can use the picture and parts of the setup.

Please, don't steal anything. Setups, setup sheet layout, banners in the OP are all our 'property'. Respect the work that we've put into this.
We keep all rights for any changes in the setups, OP or the banners.
We keep all rights for deciding if one gets a car request for his/her review.

Last edited:
Instructions For Leaving A Setup Request
Please read before posting one!

To make things easier for use, we would like you to follow this short instructions for you setup requst. This ensures that your car gets tuned exactly how you want it and makes it easier for us sort our work. Copy the insides from the box underneath and fill it following the instructions.

PSN:
Car&Tyres:
Will you send the car:
How you want you car tuned:
Controller:
Online/offline:
Link to review:

"Why do I need to do this?"

PSN: Well, it's quite obvious. We need to know where to send your car. If you are an offline player only and don't have PSN, the setup will only be published here. You can then build it yourself.

Car&Tyres: Insert the car name accurately enough, so we now which miata or skyline you are talking about.

Will you send the car: Yes/No is all needed. If your car costs under 150k stock, we can possibly provide it you without you having to send anything. Cars over 150k need to be sent to us. Cars over the trade limit are not recommended but you can always ask. Cars over the trade limit will obviously be posted only here. We won't buy a F2007 just to tune it for you though.

How you want your car tuned: Here you write a short description what you want your car to do. No drag tunes! Drifters and gymkhana possible. You can also select a track that you want it to be tuned for. If you choose the 'Ring, don't aim the request to Nomis. He doesn't really like tuning for it, as it's so long.

Controller: I use G25, so DS3 users might find the cars tricky to drive. Nomis is using (mostly) DS3 so his tunes can be tricky with a wheel. We both own wheel and controller so we can test the drivability of the car. Still, it's easiest to tune when you know what controller the driver will be using. Please use the real name of the wheel as 900deg wheels do handle differently than i.e. 360deg wheel.

Online/offline: We need to know this, because the physics between online and offline are so different. If you're going to go for both and leave this part empty, you will receive a tune that's biased to offline racing.

Link to review: Not needed if the request and the review are close together.

Thank you for reading the instructions! Please notice that the tune you will receive, may be posted here too, so others can enjoy it too. But of course, you're the only one getting it 'for free' and I'm sure it will remain quite 'unique' if you are worried about your online victories.

Happy racing!​

Last edited:
Lucerne-ChapelBridge.jpg

RX-7 Spirit KMW '11
Based on Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'16.005

Facts
Displacement: 654x2 cc
Max. Power: 536 BHP / 7100 rpm
Max. Torque: 63 kgfm / 5400 rpm
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 1051 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 1.93 kg/BHP

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wheels "Rays Volk Racing GTS"
Front Aero "Type A"
Wing "Type B"

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0 / 19

Transmission
Transmission

(speed in KM/H)
1st: x.xxx
2nd: x.xxx
3rd: x.xxx
4th: x.xxx
5th: x.xxx
6th: x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: 270

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Didderential

Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -3 / -3
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 7.5
Dampers (extension): 6 / 7
Dampers (compression): 4 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.06 / 0.20

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7 / 6

Driving Options
Transmission: MT (recommended)
TCS: OFF (recommended)
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 2

Spirit KMW reborn. It was our garage starter last time and now a street legal version of it starts our GT5 journey. The car has not suffered from the change to Sport tyres. It's actually now even better than it was last time. You can still feel the same things that you felt in the previous Spirit KMW: Very light steering, monstrous acceleration and neck-breaking grip. The same playful power oversteer is also still there, but this time it's easy to control and only appears when you want it to. Just drive it. You will love it.

*Psst, do you own a wheel controller? And are you an advanced driver? Then you might like this one instead.

Reviews
Rotary Junkie
Onboy123

Last edited:
SanGimignano-TownSquare_1.jpg

KMW Z4 R Coupe '11
Based on BMW Z4 M Coupe '08

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'18.558

Facts
Displacement: 3246 cc
Max. Power: 447 BHP / 8500 rpm
Max. Torque: 43 kgfm / 5900 rpm
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 1240 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.73 kg/BHP

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wheels "ENKEI JS+M"
Front Aero "Type A"
Wing "Type A"

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Carbon Finish)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission
Transmission

(Speed in KM/H)
Max Speed: 250

Drivetrain

Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -5 / -5
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.5 / 9.5
Dampers (extension): 6 / 7
Dampers (compression): 4 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Driving Options
ABS: 3

European challenger for the RX-7. Beutiful in-line 6 engine with high rpm power peak puts a smile on your face. Slightly evil and twisted one, just a split-second after you prod the engine start button. The car also has marvellous balance, typical to BMW's, even in stock condition. We didn't want to ruin it and that's why the ride height reduction is symmetrical. We tuned the suspension, not to change the balance of the car, but to make the car really reach its true limits on track.

A must-have for the BMW fan boys.

Reviews
pHLo
Leonidae@MFT

Last edited:
nice! love to see more tuners around here. especially with all these lovely untouched vehicles! :D

would love to see an all out tune for the following (if it's not too much to ask):
Ferrari F40 '92
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00
Ferrari 512BB '76
Shelby Cobra 427 '66
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
Nissan R390 Road Car '98
Cadillac CIEN Concept '02
Lambo Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Buick GNX '87
787B Race car '91
Takata Dome NSX '06 or any GT/race car/LM/etc-spec'd vehicles for that matter

the cars i mentioned either don't have any tunes posted online, or very vague tunes. that should help u guys start a bit cuz i don't think there's a good point in posting a bunch of common setups, that tuners have already done. the amount of GT/race car/JCGT/etc-spec'd tunes is just VERY scarce. u guys would honestly be answering alot of prayers if u decide to tune some higher lvl'd vehicles. thanks alot in advance and i look forward to seein some of u guys' work! :D

Last edited:
Glad to see you two made the jump! Looking forward to what you come up with. ;)

Thanks RJ! Glad to see you interested! :)

nice! love to see more tuners around here. especially with all these lovely untouched vehicles! :D

would love to see an all out tune for the following (if it's not too much to ask):
Nissan R390 Road Car '98

Hi and welcome to KMW!

Well you were fast wit these suggestions! I can't promise you that we would tune all those cars but I have R390 road car tune what I've been working on and that one will most likely end up here someday.

-------------

Check out the first setup releases!

This looks very promising. I will most definitely be checking out that BMW Z4 tune. :D

Excited to see what you guys tune. 👍

Ferrari F40 '92 - Avid Racing Factory, Deutsche Rennsport Tuning
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00 - Lion's Den Performance
Ferrari 512BB '76
Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - Lion's Den Performance, TeamLotusGT5
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
Nissan R390 Road Car '98
Cadillac CIEN Concept '02 - Lion's Den Performance, [WTG] Wienish' Tuning Garage
Lambo Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Buick GNX '87 - Lion's Den Performance
787B Race car '91 - RKM Performance
Takata Dome NSX '06 or any GT/race car/LM/etc-spec'd vehicles for that matter - Avid Racing Factory, Tharain's Tuning Temple

the cars i mentioned either don't have any tunes posted online, or very vague tunes. that should help u guys start a bit cuz i don't think there's a good point in posting a bunch of common setups, that tuners have already done. the amount of GT/race car/JCGT/etc-spec'd tunes is just VERY scarce. u guys would honestly be answering alot of prayers if u decide to tune some higher lvl'd vehicles. thanks alot in advance and i look forward to seein some of u guys' work! :D

Bolded the cars that have existing tunes already performed by one of the tuning garages on gtplanet. Not that we couldn't use more tunes for these cars, just that I got the feeling from your initial post that you might not have tried out the tunes from these garages. All of them possess some very capable tuners.

Back on topic: This looks like it is going to be a sick tuning garage! Looking forward to testing out some of these tunes!

Nice man.

Good to see you guys have some tunes up. 👍

I'll now be putting your garage in it's proper place on my list.

Bolded the cars that have existing tunes already performed by one of the tuning garages on gtplanet. Not that we couldn't use more tunes for these cars, just that I got the feeling from your initial post that you might not have tried out the tunes from these garages. All of them possess some very capable tuners.

Back on topic: This looks like it is going to be a sick tuning garage! Looking forward to testing out some of these tunes!
like i stated in my post (multiple times), i'm really lookin forward to a tuner, or tuning garage, that can post up some tunes for LM/race car/FGT/GT/etc-type of vehicles. and pretty much everything u highlighted only has 1 tune, aside from the tuscan 6 and the shelby i think. i can't find any takate dome '03 or '08 tunes at all. u also know that 1 tune is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for 1 car. there are just too many different driving styles out there.

to the OP: sorry if u got the wrong idea. i am definitely not demanding u to tune all those cars. they were just a few off the top of my head that either had no tune or a very limited number of tunes that will work for more ppl. like i said, i really look forward to some higher leveled cars, such as LM/GT/race car/etc-type of vehicles. even if u didn't do any of the cars i requested, i'd still be appreciative towards u guys' contribution. 👍

like i stated in my post (multiple times), i'm really lookin forward to a tuner, or tuning garage, that can post up some tunes for LM/race car/FGT/GT/etc-type of vehicles. and pretty much everything u highlighted only has 1 tune, aside from the tuscan 6 and the shelby i think. i can't find any takate dome '03 or '08 tunes at all. u also know that 1 tune is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for 1 car. there are just too many different driving styles out there.

to the OP: sorry if u got the wrong idea. i am definitely not demanding u to tune all those cars. they were just a few off the top of my head that either had no tune or a very limited number of tunes that will work for more ppl. like i said, i really look forward to some higher leveled cars, such as LM/GT/race car/etc-type of vehicles. even if u didn't do any of the cars i requested, i'd still be appreciative towards u guys' contribution. 👍

I highlighted the cars you had in your list that have tunes posted from reputable tuning garages. Many of them have multiple tunes, hence the reason I listed multiple tuning garages. Regardless, it isn't important, as I was only trying to help a fellow racer locate some existing tunes, as you made it sound like you weren't aware of the ones I pointed out. Drop the attitude.

I highlighted the cars you had in your list that have tunes posted from reputable tuning garages. Many of them have multiple tunes, hence the reason I listed multiple tuning garages. Regardless, it isn't important, as I was only trying to help a fellow racer locate some existing tunes, as you made it sound like you weren't aware of the ones I pointed out. Drop the attitude.
funny. not sure how u'r reading it, but there's no "attitude" coming from this side. if anything, it's coming from u. u might wanna go back and reread a few things. and I'M the one tryin to help the community by specifically asking for these higher-spec'd vehicles. i'm not sure what u'r tryin to do...

sorry to the OP for whoring up yur thread. i'll just patiently wait to see what u guys produce. look forward to it! 👍

Thanks for the good feedback guys!

@hehehippie & C_Monster
No problem with the offtopic yet. Just don't continue this conversation here. Private messages are there for a purpose.

Hi, I'm the other half of KMW. Credit where credit is due, the fantastic design of the garage is all Tementias' work, as are the great images. I'm just a spanner monkey who helps out with tunes and testing!! Oh and in most cases, Tementias' laptimes are quicker, not because he's a better driver just because he has a fancy, expensive steering wheel :lol:

Nice man.

Good to see you guys have some tunes up. 👍

I'll now be putting your garage in it's proper place on my list.
Thanks heaps! It's an excellent project, glad you added us.

Hey I really like your setup and presentation, look forward to trying and seeing more tunes in the future!
Thanks!

Looking forward to some reviews, we're really keen to hear what you folks think of our work.

I look forward to testing out your BMW tune. Hopefully it lives up to what you claim. If I wouldnt mind putting in a request for a tune of maybe a soarer or even Legacy.

Thanks for the good feedback guys!

@hehehippie & C_Monster
No problem with the offtopic yet. Just don't continue this conversation here. Private messages are there for a purpose.
yea, sorry about that. trust me, i'm not proud of it lol.

for some reason i keep buying and selling RX-7's. i think i've bought, modified, and then sold about 4-5 RX-7's already. yur RX-7 tune looks interesting so i will probably pick up ANOTHER RX-7 just to check it out. sorry again and look forward to the high-spec car tunes. 👍

Hi guys I wish the very best luck for your garage:)
I'm a big fan of RKM tunes and I'm looking forward for yours
(Anytime you want a car to tune that you can't effort, it's a pleasure to gift it to you:D)
:cheers:

Ahrweiler-Street.jpg

KMW TT-X Turbo '11
Based on Audi TTS Coupe '09

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'17.682

Facts
Displacement: 1984 cc
Max. Power: 464 BHP / 6900 rpm
Max. Torque: 52 kgfm / 5900 rpm
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight: 1173 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.49 kg/BHP

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wheels "ENKEI JS+M"
Front Aero "Type A"

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: N/A

Transmission
Transmission

(Speed in KM/H)

Drivetrain

Initial Torque: 5 / 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 20 / 25

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front/Rear Torque Distribution: 25 / 75

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 9.0
Dampers (extension): 7 / 7
Dampers (compression): 5 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Driving Options
ABS: 2

Designed to be the easiest car to drive fast. You can see the laptime 1'17. It's not slow. It's in fact faster than the Z4 R. But this car does it so easily that it's hard to imagine. There's no under or oversteer of any kind. The 4WD allows even the most inexperienced drivers to exit corners full speed. And the looks aren't bad either. We didn't install a wing to it because it was not necessary. It sticks to the road even without it.

Easy, fast and beutiful. Sounds like a good car for a beginner, huh?

Reviews
GTShadowKing

Last edited:
Hey guys, are the tunes that frightening? The TT shouldn't be... It's made for anyone to drive.

By the way, soon we will release our first race car: Intergra RM with 400 bhp!

Hi there Temetias
I'm gonna make a small review of the TTS tune (my first review:)sorry if it's not very good)
First of all, the car feels awesome:D
Pushes very good around corner, no over or understeer AT ALL, no wheel spin when full throtle at the end of corner...just awesome, really nice and fun to drive.
Just one more question...WTH did you put on my wheels? Glue?:lol:
Final result: 1:31:656 in Trial Mountain (my test track, DS3, no aids, Sports Soft) And yes, it's not a very good time for many of you, but for me its pretty damn cool:)
:cheers: and keep those tunes flowing

Hi GTShadowKing and thanks for the review!

Glad you liked the setup. I see that you really found the purpose of the tuned quattro. It does indeed feel glued to the road. Only thing I was having trouble with, was the understeer, but managed to neutralize it quite well. Hopefully the gear ratios weren't too short for trial mountain. Of course you can adjust them for the track but I didn't test it over speeds of 250km/h much, but it felt stable even in higher speeds that the ratios in the setup allow.

Thanks again for the first review! :)

In Trial Mountain it doesn't go over +- 240Km/h, the accelaration is much more important:)
Glad you liked the review

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

KMW-Racing Integra Cup Car '11
Based on Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'15.186

Facts
Displacement: 1998 cc
Max. Power: 390 BHP / 8900 rpm
Max. Torque: 32 kgfm / 7900 rpm
Drivetrain: FF
Weight: 950 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.39 kg/BHP

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Racing Modifications

Tuning Shop
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Medium Tyres
Racing Hard & Soft Tyres (optional)

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15 / 20

Transmission
Transmission

(Speed in KM/H)

Drivetrain

Initial Torque: 12
Acceleration Sensitivity: 49
Braking Sensitivity: 11

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -9 / -9
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.1 / 9.4
Dampers (extension): 6 / 9
Dampers (compression): 5 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 0.5
Toe Angle: 0.19 / -0.14

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6 / 6

Driving Options
ABS: 1

First car of KMW-Racing! We decided to modify a Honda Integra to a pure racing machine. Even the stock model was very enjoyable to drive (as all Hondas), but after our several modifications it is now a beast. High revving engine is a masterpiece that now produces almost 400 bhp. Even though all of the power is loaded to front wheels, it doesn't understeer. I fact it's a lot more enjoyable to drive than most FR race cars. It's amazing power to weight ratio makes it currently our fastest setup around the cape ring. And in hands of an experienced driver and max speed set for the track being driven, it can even challenge Super GT vehicles. In rain conditions, Super GT cars don't even stand a chance against this VTEC fury Integra.

Hi - your Audi TT tune is superb.

Really made this car come to life. I run it on the German Car nurburgring race in expert, so have pushed the gear ratios out a touch, but the car is amazing.

I'm looking forward to using the BMW Z and the Honda Integra tunes tonight.

Great work.:)

i have tried your Z4 tune

for comparison's sake i just threw on all the parts you suggested, and only set the Top Speed and leave the rest stock and ran a few laps on Nürburgring GP
it was already an alright drive, somitime a little bit unstable in average-speed corners, my lap times were about 1:13,xxx

afterwards i installed your settings and i instantly was able to shave off almost 2 seconds on the first lap, which i surprisingly couldn't beat after that

your tune gives more stabilty during all kinds of turns, the car is much less likely to brake out (although it was not that hard to handle with its original settings), the top speed definitely has to be increased on faster tracks (i increased it by 2 ticks for Nürburgring/GP) and in my opinion it has its weakness in braking, as it takes a bit longer to slow down than many other tunes i have tried on this board (on different cars though) but maybe that is just a car issue, i don't know ;D

overall it is a nice tune and a fun car to drive

Hi guys!
Thanks for testing the setups! Glad you liked them!

@pHLo
Good to hear that the setup worked for nurburgring too. The top speed can be set for each track and luckily you did so. It would have been pain if the top speed would have been too short. I never noticed the braking issue, but I'll definatly have a look at it. It might be caused by the track because in cape ring the focus in the brake balance is on the mid corner braking, but in the nurb gp (especially the first corner) the distance is more critical.

@krioto
Hopefully you have a good time driving the cars! Thanks fo testing the TT too. :)

Latest Posts

Back