Years active 1981–2003

Labels Metal Magic, Atco, EastWest, Elektra

Associated acts Damageplan, Hellyeah, Down

Members
Phil Anselmo
Vinnie Paul
Dimebag Darrell
Rex Brown

I would have given them a "Take up a new profession" if I had not have known they were a special music cast in a good Spongebob episode. So, I gave them a level up.

Thousands of bands have spawned after Pantera and try to be just like them. I dislike the image shown as it makes them look like a terrible 80's hair band.

I would of posted the video but it was shortened.

Thrashing out to Pantera solves almost all problems you encounter as a teenager. Stand up for your self and don't let the enemy push you around... They preached the living **** out that. Very good motivators and not the bad kind.

Last edited:
Good band. Their music, though, is about as good as their club in Dallas; pretty good, but not the best.

Who are Pantera? :odd:
No but seriously, I think I never liked them even if I heard of them. There is just something about that "glam metal" label that makes them sound a lot worse then they really are... (regardless how good their actual music may be...)

I don't really know, but they are a big influence for most of the current metal bands out there so yeah... :indiff: Also, RIP Dimebag Darrell.

Who are Pantera? :odd:
No but seriously, I think I never liked them even if I heard of them. There is just something about that "glam metal" label that makes them sound a lot worse then they really are... (regardless how good their actual music may be...)

I don't really know, but they are a big influence for most of the current metal bands out there so yeah... :indiff: Also, RIP Dimebag Darrell.

They aren't Glam metal.. Wtf... there is nothing glam about them. There music is nothing like glam. Pantera is the exact opposite as glam. Its about taking a stand and giving a blood nose to people who deserve it.

They aren't Glam metal.. Wtf... there is nothing glam about them. There music is nothing like glam. Pantera is the exact opposite as glam. Its about taking a stand and giving a blood nose to people who deserve it.

I know I know, its just how the media labeled them as that I think. I didn't say anything about their music was being glam whatsoever... hell I don't even know what so good about them! :guilty: Maybe I should try listening to them later and give a better opinion. I don't know, I never was a fan of them really... (I prefer Metallica)

I know I know, its just how the media labeled them as that I think. I didn't say anything about their music was being glam whatsoever... hell I don't even know what so good about them! :guilty: Maybe I should try listening to them later and give a better opinion. I don't know, I never was a fan of them really... (I prefer Metallica)

Media doesn't know anything about music. They label stuff and hope it gets better ratings. That one pic of them is a very early EARLY pic of them before they found there niche in kicking ass. And if you don't like it... don't listen to it. Never force a band/genre and try to like it. No one cares if you like it or don't, and you shouldn't care if you like it or not. That's what I like about Pantera fans so much, they just flat out don't give a crap about anyone but there own immediate Pantera fan base. And Metallica outside there early albums are a completely different band.

CHANGE THE PICTURE! That is a terrible picture of them. Best metal band from the 90's. Deal with it.

Pantera_2000.jpg

This picture is a better representation.

Also, if you don't like these songs, you aren't a metalhead.
(language warning most likely)

Last edited:
Inside the Metal scene, Pantera are definitely HOF.

Musically, they had a style of their own, which was different from the rest and instantly recognizable. That alone is HOF worthy.

Actually, I'll be putting Official Live: 101 Proof on as soon as I get home, and old time favourite.

H.O.F.

I am shocked all the votes aren't cast as such...

One of the most influential metal bands of all time.

;)

H.O.F.

I am shocked all the votes aren't cast as such...

One of the most influential metal bands of all time.

QFT. Pantera are GODS, end of discussion. :P

No, in all seriousness, one of the best and most influential band in the Metal scene. I can't think of any Metal band who weren't influenced or even heard of them and thank God, they walked away from their early Glam style of the 80´s to a more brutal style of the 90's (musically speaking) - one of the phew bands I can say that. Although, and for the obvious reason, I won't link it, the Hostile music as to be a personal favourite, it's what defines Pantera for me, vulgar brutal display of power.

Good to see the Metal crowd came out finally.

@Nicknamealguem Agreed, I think Hostile is a definitive Pantera song.

I by no means think Pantera is the greatest band... but I think they write some of the most energetic adrenaline pumping music around. Walk... ******* Hostile, 5 Minutes Alone... This Love.. The list goes on. Another band that will live forever.

Back