1,946 mm (76.6 in): Supersports
75.4 in (1915 mm): 2009-present Coupe
77.4 in (1966 mm): 2009-present Convertible
Height 1,390 mm (54.7 in)
1,380 mm (54.3 in): Speed
1,398 mm (55.0 in): GTC
Kerb weight 2,350 kg (5,181 lb)
2,485 kg (5,478 lb): GTC

I vote cool. They should try and decide whether they want it to be a modern super grand tourer or more of a classic grand tourer.. It has potential for both.

It's a good car, I won't deny that. But I don't think it could ever be described as 'cool' in my books. After all, it is largely Volkswagen, and VW, good as they may be, just aren't 'cool'. They also seem to be fairly common, as far as supercars go, it gets to the point, if I see one (which I do regularly), I probably won't even bother looking.

Not to mention the whole footballer thing...

It's a nice car, but too under the radar. And it is a douche magnet, of sorts. Uncool.

I voted cool. I find it a pretty cool, luxury coupe. Looks pretty nice too, in my opinion.

I voted cool, but they've become a car where, related to what Exige said, anyone who just ran into some money can afford it.

Now the only one really worth a second glance is the SuperSport.

Unappealing in every way except the most basic (engine), it weighs four tons (exaggeration, obviously), and to me looks like someone slapped a terrible kit-car front end on some big family sedan from the 90s and then tried to make it look sleek while being sure to keep all the blandness intact.

Yeah...I'm not too fond of Bentley styling, in case you couldn't tell. It would be better if the front end wasn't so terrible, but anyway...

The only thing keeping it from Seriously Uncool is the fact that there are other cars that are much worse (the horror...the horror!)

Cool. As much as footballers over in the UK love them which makes them Uncool, over here our footballers don't touch them. So they're Cool.

The Rolls Royce Phantom is a British car made with a German heart done correctly. This is just a VW Phaeton with a Bentley badge.

Ignore for a second that the car is typically owned by the least likable types of people in the world. Ignore for a second how in relatively well-off places around the world it has become more common than 911s. Even ignore for a second that it is so anonymously bland (by which I'm talking Beige Camry proportions) that it actually has the effect of drawing attention away from it towards the surrounding area. Strip away all that and you are left with a VW Passat 4motion with a vaguely sleaker body and 2 VR6s glued together instead of just the one.

Earth-Shatteringly Uncool.

I nominated this because I was hoping that it would make for some very mixed results. Looks like it is!

I used to think that these were the bee's knees. But it seems like they've become more common than the VW's they share parts with. Although, I do still like the SuperSports.

Uncool.

Uncool, at least American makes knew when to stop making land yachts with bland styling.

I voted cool because it is. Its an AWD, Twin Turbo W12 with a nice interior. Who cares who owns this car. Who cares that its huge. Who cares that the exterior is "boring" (which is subjective). Why does any of this matter?

Its a luxury coupe with a W12 + 2 turbos and AWD. How is that not cool?

Great car. Fast, discrete, comfortable, practicle (excpet for the stupendous running costs), reliable, built like a tank (and weighs about the same).

Unfortunately ruined by the people who drive them.

Uncool.

I would say uncool because of the fact that loads of footballers have them and I haven't seen one which is not driven by a guy showing off (full throttle to the lights, revving etc). The car itself is quite good, looks great and drives well but people automatically think your a cock!

Whereas the Rolls Royce Drophead seems to have a much more classy understated image and maybe the pricing keeps it somewhat 'cool'.

Robin.

Uncool for all the reasons already stated. The Flying Spur on the other hand is cool but that's for another thread.

I can't find anything cool about this car, and not because of what everybody else is saying.

Uncool.

Quite a polarizing car: Powerful, luxurious, but overweight, and not very exciting-looking. Moves decently for its heft, though. I was impressed with that it feels "special" when drive it (Yes, I've actually driven one before for a few miles), switchgear is like a yacht or a really fancy kitchen. Doesn't seem to do anything "wrong", nor is it really the best, or nearly-so, at anything. Quite plentiful where I live, which kind of hampers my vote. I'm just not overall-impressed, it looks like a dopey-looking Chrysler 300 coupe...and acts like the Honda Accord-type anonymous exotic car due to mass-production (no absurd amount of "special editions" washes that away).

Meh...neither/nor.

By the way, I bought a decent used car for the price I sold a 4-wheel brake job on this car...$3200. I've had a few customers that owned them in their stables for new tires, or had other cars, and they were decent people. Case in point:

Me: Hi, your [Lexus] LS 430 has about 5% brakes left all the way around and the tire tread's at nearly nothing.
Owner: How much do you want?
Me: It's $1600 with tax for everything.

[long pause]

Owner: Do you know...that at Bentley...they charged me $700...for one tire, and the car had only 6000 miles on it?
Me: Um...wow.
Owner: Yeah, do the whole thing...you guys are a bargain!
Me: Okay, we'll be done by 2pm.
Owner: ...even better!

But that other brake job guy was a complete wad for reasons I won't go into here.

Last edited:
Lots of powah and some nice discrete and classy lines.

Lots of class, refinement and poise you would expect to see in a land yacht.

But you can outrun it is a badge engineered car, and therefore, lacks the originality and feel required in such expensive piece of machinery.

Meh.

From the poll thus far becomes evident that the car at stake does not induce extreme feelings of love or hate, nor of indifference ("meh"). People mostly either just like it or they don't.

I'll go against the grain on this one.I love this thing,regardless of who or what drives one (which in my opinion has no actual bearing on the car itself). Yeah,it's a land yacht but you can't help to love a luxury car equipped with a twin turbo W12.

Sub-zero

I'm torn, here.

I love this car. I'm not exagerrating, I would happily marry this car in a court of law if it were permissable. It's big, luxurious, mind-bendingly quick, and handles with flair a two-and-a-half tonne car has no business having.

But, and here's the crux, I'd have a lot of difficulty calling it cool. For the few months before half the premiership got their hands on it it was, but since then they've become ubiquitous. And if I'm spending £120k on a car, I don't want to see another sixteen whenever I drive through Manchester.

I'm saying uncool, but with a lot of sadness, and I hope one day the Conti GT will forgive me and we can make a fresh start in our relationship.

Back