Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
As one of the most frequently asked questions about the forums, please direct any new or confused users to this thread if they have any questions about avatars or member titles.

Member Titles (text next to your username in posts)
Your member title will automatically change as you continue to post more in the forums. However, once you have made 500 posts and have been a registered member for at least 90 days, you will be able to set your title to whatever you like in your profile options. You can find the number of posts that you have by looking at your Member Profile, which is accessible by clicking on your username beside any of your posts.

PLEASE NOTE: To reduce the server load, the software does NOT keep every user's status updated in real time. It may take a few hours (or days) for it to refresh your status and update your permissions.

Avatars (the picture in the left-hand column of your posts)
What are avatars?
Avatars are the small pictures that show up under your username when you post a message.

How can I get one?
You can specify your own avatar in our default avatar database by going to the edit avatar page and browsing our extensive collection of images (much thanks to Pako and LoudMusic!), or upload your own.

Can I use my own custom avatar?
As long as it is appropriate, you can use any image you want for your avatar by uploading it via the form at the bottom of this page. Keep in mind that unless you are a Premium member, your avatar can be no larger than 20 KB in size or 100x100 pixels (Premium avatars can be 120x120) in dimension.

test

How can I make my own avatars?
Many of our members make their own avatars (with great success, I might add!) using programs such as Ulead GIF Animator, Macromedia Fireworks, and Adobe Photoshop. If you need any help using these or any other programs, please don't hesitate to ask around!

Can someone make an avatar for me?
GTPlanet is home to some great graphic designers who would be more than happy to make an avatar for you. I recommend contacting them via there respective "avatar threads", or just start your own thread requesting what you'd like done.

If you have any more questions about avatars or any other feature of GTPlanet, please don't hesitate to ask away here in our The Help Desk forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back