CLOSED: POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 8 (WINNER: chromatic9)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 34 comments

And the winner is...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmc08header.jpg

gtpapmcrulesc.jpg

• Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Have confidence in your photo; don't try to sway the poll.
  • Poll is up until the week's Friday.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created to end Saturday.
  • In the event of a second tie, judge's vote is deciding factor.
  • Don't forget to vote in both polls during H2H weeks!
  • Winners have 48 hours to get their new theme to the host.
  • If the winner can't provide it in time, the runner-up gets to choose.
gtpapmcdeadline.jpg

The orange F1 got my vote, nice use of colour balancing and brilliant composition too 👍

The Stealth 787B looks good on that backdrop.

Only 3rd and 6th from the bottom look good to be honest.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys base your votes on? Seems to me from previous polls most of you based on their favorite car or "coolest" pic.

I didn't do this myself in this poll but I think OP should note that we should vote the best picture according to competition's theme.

Wow tough Choice!
Really Loved the colours in that Minolta shot by sprite so that took my vote.

tdk

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys base your votes on? Seems to me from previous polls most of you based on their favorite car or "coolest" pic.

I didn't do this myself in this poll but I think OP should note that we should vote the best picture according to competition's theme.

People can vote however they like, i tend to go for a combination of the best looking photo (composition, lighting etc.) and how it relates to the theme. It would be ideal for people to only vote for the image that most relates to the theme but it's not always going to happen!

I picked the Pagani because I have one but I dont use it and that picture kind of inspires me to race it.

tdk

I think I'm going to start using the best choice for the theme, and the details listed by Moglet

People can vote however they like, i tend to go for a combination of the best looking photo (composition, lighting etc.) and how it relates to the theme. It would be ideal for people to only vote for the image that most relates to the theme but it's not always going to happen!

..to ensure the picture I choose is most qualified to be in the 2.0 competition. This week there was some off the wall cars and I went with something that kinda, 'looks good'

Well at least you made it onto the poll, I haven't been in the poll since week 4. :(
I must be horrible at photomode...

Nah; as long as you follow the rules, and theme, it's usually just a taste thing. 👍

Not trying to call anyone out here, and I'm no expert, but isn't that R10 pic HDR? Unless it's just made to look like it, but if it is HDR it shouldn't be allowed, correct?

It's not HDR. ^__^ I've just used the Highlights/Shadows tool to brighten up the shadows and dim the highlights a bit to give it that appearance, plus a fair boost in colour vibrancy.

I voted for #5.....

to me, the theme of each particular contest should be first and foremost. This theme is "money maker" I, personally, find it hard to believe that anyone's Red Bull X2010 is their money maker, especially, considering the fact that you can't even get one until level 40. Don't get me wrong, those are some killer shots, just not in line with what I think the theme is.

I'm surprised mine even made the cut this week. And i have 2 votes.
Damn.

damn my pic didnt make it (908 HDI with header flames) oh well i guess thats what i get for not removing it from the other compition... although i tried today but it was obviously to late lol. another question would i be able to post that pic in another compition sense it didnt make it on this one

I voted for #5.....

to me, the theme of each particular contest should be first and foremost. This theme is "money maker" I, personally, find it hard to believe that anyone's Red Bull X2010 is their money maker, especially, considering the fact that you can't even get one until level 40. Don't get me wrong, those are some killer shots, just not in line with what I think the theme is.

Barring the Seasonal Events, it's entirely possible; if people are running their X1's in B-Spec as often as some people I know, the money's piling up. Nevermind that they could also be running it in A-Spec, where earnings are better. Fair? No? Fast-earning? Nothing's faster ;).

damn my pic didnt make it (908 HDI with header flames) oh well i guess thats what i get for not removing it from the other compition... although i tried today but it was obviously to late lol. another question would i be able to post that pic in another compition sense it didnt make it on this one

Well, as the rule says entries can't be from previous competitions, that should be obvious; no, you can't. Whether or not it makes poll, it was still entered.

Also, please make use of your shift key, and use proper spelling and punctuation.

In my view the third shot is lacking in a mix of area's. However the thing, I think it lacks the most is composure.

But if people have voted for it, because of the lighting. Then I think it is time, they put some more thought into their votes.

----

@ bo0td, GT5photographer, stpatty: Thanks for the votes.

Last edited:
Dissapointed I didn't make it ,Next week hopefully .Quick question how do I see who voted for whom after I vote (Hope that makes sense :D )

I voted for #5.....

Well, technically you can't BUY one until level 40, but you can win them at level 30, and since the last patch anyone can get one via duplication, now. If you use an X1 to grind money, I would say that Like The Wind is overall faster to win more credits than the American Championship with an American car.

But I like the rules, and wish everyone would follow them, although I like a bit of variety and even though my X1 had a lot more miles, it had less wins. I even considered using my Ford GT LM Test Car since it was just a small variation of the Ford GT LM Spec car. I just figured I'd go with the standard car overall. But if someone used a S. Vettel X1 for all their grinding, and decided to use a Copper one for the picture, I would have no problem with it

tdk

Here here. I notice although most of the pictures are awesome. Some don't fit the theme. but if that's just a matter of opinion I'm Sorry guys, I don't mean to sound negative cause you're photos are still lovely but ill definitelly be voteing for the pic I think fits the theme, and looks awesome.

Goodluck guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back