Your Panoramas (s12ken's Tutorial Added)

• Thread starter Sprite
  • 291 comments

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
GTP_Sprite

Hi guys I would like to invite the GTPlanet.net users to submit their very own panoramas to this thread.

As many know I love creating panoramas in GT5 and have been asked to share best practice, so below you will find links to my own work and hopefully other people too, but also a small tutorial I threw together just for kick and to help some people out here on what I do.

The tutorial is in PDF format for ease of use and also for people who want this on an e-reader / iPad The file is located on my Box account and the link to the file is thus.

Panorama Tutorial V1.01 2.2MB

s12ken's HDR/Panorama Tutorial

Now some rules to the thread, for the sake of all that is holy please do not post images full size, it only serves to show how foolish you are. Post the image at 500 pixels at it's longest and either make it link or post a link to to the full size version. You know where to host as per the Q&A at the top of the main Photomode thread but if you cant find it its HERE that thread should provide you with enough info to shake a 70 to 500mm zoom lens at.

So to get the thread started here are a few of mine. Click them for full size **Warning for 56K users they are BIG**

Panorama - 3223 x 950

Panorama - 8274 x 924

Panorama - 5574 x 862!!!

Panorama - 10488 x 1080

Last edited:
Your Panorama's are beautiful Sprite, Even more amazing that you do them by hand.
Here's 2 of mine. One at Fuji of my M5 Drifting. And a Polar Panorama at Lucerne Bridge, which turned out okay, i can never get the centers to look good.

BMW M5 4907x907

Enzo 2000x2001​

Nice panoramas Gtuned, love the first, great detail in background.

Sprite - you are doing some amazing stuff here. I've wanted to do some panos for a while. I've done one so far with only a few frames in it but I'm quite pleased how it looks:

Ferrari 330 P4:

(Large - 1.83mb - 4410x1020px)

I'm looking to do more soon. :)

Last edited:
Darren that image is truly stunning. Love the colours and composition. Fantastic.

Thanks Cogency, I might look into it ;)

Ferrari 330 P4:

I'm looking to do more soon. :)
Love this photo! Very well done 👍

My own contribution;
5320939377_b7b0d7ac8f_b.jpg

Schwadegan, Lovely panorama looks fantastic the sky looks lovely.

I really really love these shots, wish more skilled people would do this. Really feels like its taking GT5 and its Photomode to the next level.
I have 0 photoshop skills, I do have Paint.net but not sure if I can use that to create these kind of pictures. (if I ever manage to make pictures that are usable.)

I really really love these shots, wish more skilled people would do this. Really feels like its taking GT5 and its Photomode to the next level.
I have 0 photoshop skills, I do have Paint.net but not sure if I can use that to create these kind of pictures. (if I ever manage to make pictures that are usable.)

Ah, another Paint.net User. While i'm pretty sure it's impossible to stich panoramas in PDN, i use Windows Live photogallery. If you make sure the images over lap good, the Panorama comes out good. http://explore.live.com/windows-live-photo-gallery?os=other
Also, just practice in PDN, all my pictures are made straight from it

It appears that I suck at these. I took what I thought was enough photos at a good enough focal length but clearly it wasn't enough :( How do you guys get the transitions smooth without the edges of the track meeting at an angle? Yours are all curved and mine just look a state :guilty:

Click for full​

Excellent work.

Thanks for resizing the image.

The Muria shot is very colourful. 👍

mind if I chime in?

click on the image for the larger version

click the image for the ginormous full sized image

click on the image for the larger version

I still want to know how you got the super real fisheye on the JGTC one. I tried it with my lancer, but it didn't come out near as good.

I still want to know how you got the super real fisheye on the JGTC one. I tried it with my lancer, but it didn't come out near as good.

I shot it at 14mm, angled just above the hood or trunk of the cars, plus if you're doing pans below 50mm, you'll notice that the camera rotates just a bit slightly so you'll need to compensate by rotating the camera back to level with the ground, just rotate slowly and the camera should snap to level with the ground, it takes a lot of practice, but the rewards are great! HTH! :D

Well i had an idea for a Polar Panorama at TGTT for my Impreza vs. Wild Set, but what i use to stitch isn't putting the car in the middle, and it compresses it horribly.

Back