The comfort of a bucket seat

• Thread starter despawn
  • 8 comments
despawn
I want to add a seat to my setup, and it seems a bucket seat will be the best option price wise.

But I'm concerned as to how comfy a bucket seat really is. Will I be able to play for hours without the seat killing my back, or should I shell out the extra cash and get an adjustable seat?

This is the seat I'm thinking about adding to this setup:

ss36r.jpg

Any thoughts?

I would just get a car seat from the junkyard. Just run into cars, try them, get the one you like, and enjoy GT5 with the comfort of a car seat. Not to mention it would be cheaper.

I would just get a car seat from the junkyard. Just run into cars, try them, get the one you like, and enjoy GT5 with the comfort of a car seat. Not to mention it would be cheaper.

Thats what I did. I love my seat, its really comfortable. However the racing seats look awesome, and I know people swear by them. My thinking is that since you aren't pulling any G's, the racing seat is unnecessary, but really cool.

If you want comfortable, go with a regular car seat. Comfort is not a priority when they make racing bucket seat. I have a bucket seat and after an hour, my back will be sore.

Have an almost identical seat that I fitted to a gamepod frame, no complaints from me about comfort and unlike a sports car seat a real bucket seat adds to the immersion!

c52e84c5.jpg

Thanks for all feedback.

The junkyard is really not an option, as the only one somewhat close to here doesn't seem to sell or give away parts. I've been advised to go there after closing time, as there's usually a car outside the gates. But me not having a real car and the junkyard being kind of far away and over the hills, it really is no option to go there to see if something's lying around...

I have also checked with used auto parts shops, and the cheapest seat I've found is priced at US$ 175, plus VAT (25 %) and shipping. It's messed up, I know.

That leaves me with either the bucket seat above at around US$ 255, or the seat below at US$ 325. The ability to adjust the angle of the seat is really tempting, but I don't know if that and extra padding is worth the extra $70.

ss40r.jpg

It depends how long you want to run.

A bucket seat bassically makes you... slip into the seat and feel like more of a racer.

A sports car seat is more comfortable.

Yeah, I think I'll ditch the idea of a bucket seat and order the adjustable seat. I tend to do some hours of gaming when I first get down to it.

Thanks for all your input!

The junkyard is really not an option, as the only one somewhat close to here doesn't seem to sell or give away parts. I've been advised to go there after closing time, as there's usually a car outside the gates.

Is that a junkyard or a graveyard? Is sounds like someone misheard you, and thinks you want to create an unholy monster from the dead. :crazy:

Back