Anyone else impressed by the car descriptions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kool Mode D
  • 24 comments
  • 2,417 views
Messages
142
United States
The Moon
After all the complaints aimed at GT5 (yes I agree with some complaints)I think it’s time for a rarely seen positive thread about GT5. I was browsing cars in dealerships and the used car section and I saw car descriptions are back in. Car descriptions were missing in GT4 (and I think GT3 as well but I can’t remember) and after reading a whole lot of them, I’m glad they’re back in GT5. It really highlights that GT5 is not just about only featuring fast cars but it’s an encyclopaedia of cars. Every car I’ve seen has them and they’re not just short 1 or 2 paragraphs but detailed explanations of the car. Anyone else impressed by the sheer effort of these car descriptions?
 
I definitely enjoy reading the history behind the cars.
 
Yup, I love 'em, read them quite often especially when a car is of particular interest.
 
Aside from that Corvette that they added a pick up truck description to, yeah it is pretty neat. Wish there was more info tbh, 3 paragraphs seems kind of short.
 
I was a bit surprised that even standard cars got descriptions.
 
Absolutely! I love knowing the history of the cars I drive - I used to regularly consult the GT2 car descriptions when I was younger, back in the pre-internet days! Or at least before the internet was as omni present as it is today... shouldn't date myself TOO much!
 
Not particularly. They were fairly impressive in GTPSP. Then PD did straight ports of every single one of them to GT5, including the glitches that they had in that game.

An awful lot of them suffer from a painfully blatant lack of fact checking, as well (which is also carried over from GTPSP).
 
Me, descriptions are epic.
Love them.
 
I definitely like reading the descriptions. They did a good job in that area. Very impressed.👍
 
I hate them.
Everytime I read that description I HAVE to buy the car, even if its a crappy one. :)
 
I like them. I like them more when they have spelling mistakes though, gives me a good giggle. :lol:
 
Absolutely! I love knowing the history of the cars I drive - I used to regularly consult the GT2 car descriptions when I was younger, back in the pre-internet days! Or at least before the internet was as omni present as it is today... shouldn't date myself TOO much!

Same here, mate! :dopey:
 
It is always an interesting read.

And when a car spec does not reveal the HP or torque (there some car like that I don't know why), I take a look at the car description text and most of the time the info is available there.
 
Love the descriptions. They cured my hatred for Tank Car. :)
 
I was even amazed on car brand info on Gran turismo 2, Like when you go to Ford dealer, you'll see an Ford Henry with his Ford T model with description blended with a classic sound menu playing along.
 
I read all the descriptions, very interesting information.

It actually helps in my purchase decision, lol.
 
I'm impressed with the car descriptions. It really gives an elaborate & intuitive overview of the car's history while also being short enough to be comprehensible. Some of them even tries to make me purchase the car :lol:
 
Awesome and interesting, just the kind of thing that makes GT the perfect franchise for cars lovers.
 
I like them. I like them more when they have spelling mistakes though, gives me a good giggle. :lol:

I remember the ones in the v1.0 ferrari f1 07: "Louis Hamilton" "Raikkonen's first season" (!) :lol:
 
The descriptions are really interesting and awesome.
I can't believe how much time was put into them, good job 👍
 
Car descriptions are one of the best parts of the game. Tho it could be one of the reasons it took so long :sly:.
 
Yeah I agree, the descriptions are part of what makes GT5 so great. Also frustrating that some parts of GT5 are not so great (see my sig). Museum info is cool too. Too bad museum is dangerous to your save game file size and comes with a GT5 killing fatal time-bomb bug.
 
I really like the car descriptions too. I don't know a lot about cars, so it's nice to be able to learn something while playing the game.
 
Back