6.2 L V8, 411 HP, 434 Ib-Ft Torque

Transmission: 6-speed automatic

Dimensions:
Wheelbase 131 in (3,327 mm)
Length 211.2 in (5,364 mm)
Width 86.6 in (2,200 mm)
Height 78.4 in (1,991 mm)

Also competed in the Baja 1000 and finished 3rd in class​

Not the biggest, baddest, fastest, meanest, toughest or nicest looking. Driving one makes you look as cool as all the other cowboy wanna-be's, only with stupid expensive graphics on the side, if you opted for them that is. Ford failed on this one, and to be honest, I think anyone driving one of these is a huge douche canoe.

Seriously Uncool.

As cool as lingering outside a primary (grade) school gate in just your underpants clutching a camera with a telephoto lens.

Not the biggest, baddest, fastest, meanest, toughest or nicest looking. Driving one makes you look as cool as all the other cowboy wanna-be's, only with stupid expensive graphics on the side, if you opted for them that is. Ford failed on this one, and to be honest, I think anyone driving one of these is a huge douche canoe.

Seriously Uncool.

That would be my sentiment on that... Thing... As well 👍

I voted for sub-zero, only on the premise it used as intented and completley thrashed and driven to an inch of it's life off-road every second.

It's built to be beat up and that's cool. Sure it looks stupid and is driven buy "bros" but its purpose some how squashes that and make it cool.

From what I've read, it is pretty much an off road monster, and you more or less can just drive off a road into the ditch and over it and then into a field and do whatever you want.

I voted cool. I'd drive one, hell.

From what I've read, it is pretty much an off road monster, and you more or less can just drive off a road into the ditch and over it and then into a field and do whatever you want.

This, and it sounds nice.:)

I voted for sub-zero, only on the premise it used as intented and completley thrashed and driven to an inch of it's life off-road every second.

This. If you live near a desert and regularly take it across said desert at 100mph (in which scenario it'll out-drive pretty much every production car on the planet) then it's Sub-z. It can take a hell of a lot of punishment and just keep on taking it, and that's pretty damn cool.

But my rating is entirely conditional on you doing this if you own one. If you never take it dune-bashing, then you suck.

I voted for Subzero as unlike most, I actually know what they are like, a mate of mine has the first one imported into the UK, out of all the 4x4's (and he's had alot! Including a Military Hummvee and a WW2 Willys Jeep!) the Ford F-150 Raptor is the Best all rounder, they really are something else in a different league. They will drive at 100mph over an unmade track (although he bottled out at 65mph).

100_5352.jpg

100_5359.jpg

100_5346.jpg

100_5348.jpg

100_5353.jpg

And no.... he's not a plumber or plasterer!

+1

Living in the desert right now I see these things all the time, including one last weekend when I was out hiking. The driver was headed down a 4x4 trail east of town. If I had the cash, I'd buy one.

I can picture exactly the type of person who would own a Lightning...

Seriously Uncool.

Just like a potato peeler! :)

I meant to add more to that but it looks like I hit submit to fast.

Anything that goes over rugged terrain at those speeds gets a thumbs up in my book. People worry too much about image here.

EDIT: @ Luminis, most people do use picks up for work related tasks. At least here in the 415, I see these vary rarely as I don't live near many off road destinations, at least that I'm aware of. Most of which I see belong to construction companies or ranches.

Looking good cannot save it from the fact that it is a pickup. Plus:

Unfortunately for the Raptor, my Sierra was an off-road monster as well.

Seriously Uncool.

Even though douches may drive this car, it is still very bad ass. It's a true off-road monster for the streets; there's nothing even close to this truck in it's category.

As for looks, he front looks very good, but from the sides and back it looks just like any other pickup pretty much.

Cool.

I dunno, I wanted to vote uncool but there's something just so incredibly badass about it.

I think the only way this car could be cooler is if it had a manual 'box.

I voted cool, but only because this is cooler.
*Ram Runner*

That thing sucked so much sand up the intake during a press session it broke.

The Raptor, however, is a truck I very much like...It reminds me of a certain other Ford, a Big, Blue one, that was also pretty fast over rough terrain.

In fact, I wonder if Bob Chandler sells replica vinyls of the Bigfoot Logo...

Back