• 12 comments
Canada
Titan
Competitioncopy2.jpg

Week 98.

Resultscopy.jpg

Week 97 Results.

Congratulations to ...Cano!

Thank you to everyone who voted. And thanks to everyone who entered as well!

-Cano---6
-TVR&Ferrari_Fan---5
-Speedster502---1
-|eG|---0
-NISM0_SKYLINE---0

Winner: Week 96 - Theme chosen by Roo

dsc0019copy2tb.jpg

THEME: Their words: "Light 'em up!

Photos most prominently featuring light sources, on or off."

Rules:

-Each competition's voting will end on a Friday at 5pm GMT. This gives chance for people to engage in religious activities, rest and time with family on Sunday.

-Entries must of be of "actual sized" vehicles, as opposed to sub scale models. Non-running concept cars are allowed, however.

-Entries must be in by 5pm on a Wednesday, no exceptions. If your work is not submitted by then then you must wait until the next week.

-All entered photographs
must have been taken between January 2009 and the present day.

-Entries must be posted as a thumbnail without extending 400pixels on the longest side. Full sized images may be no larger than 1024 pixels on their longest side (they may be smaller than this size, however).

-You must only submit your own photographs, do not post anyone else's whether from the internet or if someone you know took the photograph.

-Any watermark you place on your image must be in any corner of the image as long as it does not obstruct the subject of the image.

-Only one photograph per person. You can change your entry only once.

-You must not vote for your own photograph when the Poll is up. Only vote for a photograph taken by another entrant.

-The photograph must be submitted with the following information: Subject, Location, Date and Camera used.

-Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses are allowed to use in Photoshop or other image editing softwares. Also, Unsharp Mask may be used.
Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture.

-No HDRI shots allowed

Entries must be in on the Wednesday at 10pm GMT.
The poll will be up at 10:30pm GMT on this day and will end on Friday at 10:30pm GMT.

The next competition will take place on Wednesday the 2nd of March.

Last edited:
Jeez, the model competition has more entries than this does. I'll get one in tommorrow hopefully. 👍

Hmmm I dont have too many shots of light from cars. And I can't remember for the life of me if I entered any of them already...

I don't have anything specific for this theme, but I'll post something tonight. A tight crop on certain shots will detract from the overall image, but will make it more suitable for the theme. 👍

The way I read the theme was a photograph mainly focused on the lights (or a lit up element of a car) these lights can be either turned on or turned off. Atleast that's what I thought.

Photo subjects can be interpreted by the user. When I read "light em up", I though of someone spinning up the tyres for a burnout...

Huh, I'll keep my current entry, but I'll see how it goes after some more people enter. I just figured it was lights, either headlights or fixed lights.

Photo subjects can be interpreted by the user. When I read "light em up", I though of someone spinning up the tyres for a burnout...

Well, while the first line is ambiguous: I think it's pretty obvious by the description underneath that Roo probably intended it to be of light sources on or off.

Haven't been able to go out and get the shot I want, so I'll enter a reserve.

Rally cars
Brands Hatch
30th January 2011
Nikon D40​

I just figured it was lights, either headlights or fixed lights.

Yep. Lights of any sort - head/tail lights, warning lights, street lights, traffic lights, the glow that illuminates the dashboard when you turn the headlights on - either turned on, so you can be adventurous with light trails or anything else you can do with light, or off.

When I read "light em up", I though of someone spinning up the tyres for a burnout...

That was intentional, as that's what I think when I hear the phrase; applying that to another part of a car is me trying to be clever.

awww when I read the first line of the theme I went and resized this one:

But I'll have to find me another. Ergh.

EDIT: Already have something I could use. Altough with those rally cars at Brands Hatch it's pretty much useless.

REAL ENTRY

Accolade-kitted Subaru WRX STI
November 2010
Mexico City
Canon XTI, 75-300​

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back