Bob-Spec remote progress gone??

• Thread starter BreeeZe
  • 31 comments
BreeeZe_
Any one else experience this?
Friends raced my Bobs last night, and when I woke up I checked their stats on gran-turismo.com, and all of 'm earned a good amount of cash.
I just came back from some shopping and booted up GT5 to collect my earnings and when I opened my Bob overview they all had 0 cr. !
They weren't even shared online anymore :-/
I decided to double check on gt.com and now they are not shared there anymore..

I had to re-share them again, and are racing some Bobs now, and I hope it doesn't happen again.

That's weird...

Just ran a race, and after that all progress has re-appeared...

-Edit :
No it hasn't.. it is new progress, there where raced again..

I had to re-share all my drivers a few times, they never seem to stay shared, the weird thing is that sometimes only one or two will have unshared themselves.:crazy:

Same here, they earn a lot of money at night, when i wanted to collect reward they wasn't shared. In log i can see that they was racing few minutes before. Maybe because I collected reward before going sleep. It's seems to not save progress, when i took all the money i had 29 level b spec, after loging in today i have 28 and non of my driver is shared. I lost a lot of money and XP :/

This has happened to me twice so far. I've experienced it, it seems, whenever I turn off my playstation and turn it on later. Funny thing is, my Bobs are all "unshared" with "0 cr's" but my Log shows them currently participating in a race.

I've collected Cr's and leveled my Bobs 2 or 3 levels. I turn on my PS3 later and all the Cr's and levels are lost.

Edit:
Okay, just noticed that I also lost 2 B-Spec lvl's. Last night before going to bed I was lvl 23, now I'm back to lvl 21.

Edit:
Keeps getting better! I now noticed that the money I won is gone too! I had a total of about 4.9 million Cr. now I have 4.1 million Cr.

Last edited:
I had to re-share all my drivers a few times, they never seem to stay shared, the weird thing is that sometimes only one or two will have unshared themselves.:crazy:

That's disappointing. They added a good feature to the game, and we are already experiencing bugs and problems... I never complained about PD's work because I think they have done a great job overall with the game, so I hope they'll fix that as soon as possible.

The thing that bothers me the most is how you appear to your newly acquired friends, to them it looks like you are not sharing.

Happened again just now. Turned on Playstation and just one Bob had unshared himself...Weird.

The thing that bothers me the most is how you appear to your newly acquired friends, to them it looks like you are not sharing.

Happened again just now. Turned on Playstation and just one Bob had unshared himself...Weird.

Yeah... I hope PD would fix that before the new update, because we can't wait other two months in order to play properly Remote B-spec...

Whenever sharing a car or driver, make sure to click "save game" manually before quitting the game. If you share, then quit without saving, it's a lottery whether they stay shared or not.

Whenever sharing a car or driver, make sure to click "save game" manually before quitting the game. If you share, then quit without saving, it's a lottery whether they stay shared or not.

I will start doing that from now.
Thank's.👍

The reason is due to no autosaving?

You have to make sure you save manually before quitting the game, Once your Bobs become out of sync it appears this happens.

Did you guys manually save after collecting winnings or creating your bobs?

vakie-81

Thanx for the tip, i hope that will help for now.
It is still weird though, the progress is visible on gt.com, and is only lost when you start gt5 on the ps3.

It could very well be a problem on PD's end.

Those winnings and shared drivers have got to be stored on a server somewhere until they are able to offload the data to your PS3.

Maybe they've had to reset the servers a few times and lost data.

There appears to be refresh and saving issues all over this feature.

I switched off my PS3 last night having recovered around 200,000 in credits and jumped from level 26 to 27 in B-spec, switched it on this morning and had none of that (and the driver levels had gone back as well) and the drivers were all unshared. Using it this morning, it does report saving after you claim prize money, but it appears not to be.

I added 2 new friends this morning, and within the game I can race their drivers, using the web interface, it lists the correct number of friends, but the new ones aren't in the list. The web interface is also still showing level 26, despite me going back up to 27 today.

Overall the feature is disappointing. No control over the race or even the cars your drivers are racing. It's a useful way to pick up 'free' experience and credits, but with a bit more thought it could be so much more.

The winnings are stored online until you collect them. When you collect them, the winnings are removed from online. But if you don't save your game at that time, the winnings will be lost.

Before 1.06 my B-spec level was 24...
Since then it went up to 25 (@ ~ yesterday morning). I did save the game multiple times after that and still lost all "online" B-spec progress and money when I woke up today :/ It came back to "before update" state.

I hope they will fix it soon...

ps. Sorry for my English.

I have noticed sometimes after collection the upload isn't always successful but doesn't have a notification to let you know, so just keep an eye out after collection that they are reshared properly (and ofc manually save)

The winnings are stored online until you collect them. When you collect them, the winnings are removed from online. But if you don't save your game at that time, the winnings will be lost.

What is happening though is that you are not being able to get the chance to collect them.

This bug happened to me last night, a friend had used my drivers in a couple of races - it was even recorded in my log. Yet when I go to collect the winnings there is no recollection of them racing, infact like the OP they where offline.

Just to add from my experiences, after losing loads of progress, saving manually after your 'session' seems to stop the loss of it all.

Its very important to do a manual save. It seems to me if the people whos bobs you were using refresh their end then it throws the system into a bit of chaos. Also log out and back into GT Home to get the updated stats. Im sure after the 1.06 update a few more issues will raise their ugly heads. Lets hope PD keep on with the updates.

i also experienced this twice
first time on saturday all my bob's were not shared and cr. were 0
and yesterday night three of my six bob's were offline with cr. 0

Damnit! In the same boat, lost a level or so and 400k, when I collected it said saving , but now I know better... Thanks for the tip on the manual save after collection or before leaving the game.

If your bobs show as zero credits and offline even though you know different simply manually save, exit the game and restart and all should be ok again on restart, i've had this happen a few times and only lost credits on the first day before i knew about manual save :)

Last edited:
Just to add to the conversation, I haven't lost any progress, But I also manually save every time I quit.

People have also reported losing progress of modded cars from trusting autosave. It seems like autosave is just an anti cheating measure, by that I mean it isn't saving your game but it is updating your credits and a few other bits of info to prevent duping cars or credits, but not the entire save.

This is quite a frustrating ?bug? ?error? ?massive oversight?.

I spent a day amassing a small fortune in credits and XP via my browser (since during the week I have no access to the PS3), only to have the game freeze and lose all the data.

I knew the bug existed and had been saving manually over the weekend, but because the game is not all that crash hot in general (I've had it freeze and crash at other times) I lost my work.

I am not going to use it again until the next patch. It's taking a damned long time to get a working version of the game I paid for. I guess having downloadable updates on consoles means they never have to release finished versions of games ever again :/

I am not going to use it again until the next patch. It's taking a damned long time to get a working version of the game I paid for./

I have had exactly *zero* crashes since I started playing GT5 very intensively two months ago. It's quite solid. I suspect there is something fishy with your PS3 (is it overheating by any chance?).

I had this issue despite saving manually. Levelled up from 28 to 29, saved manually before quitting and now back to 28. Bizzarely, my 2 Bob's who levelled up individually stayed levelled up and my log says I progressed to B-Spec level 29, even though my bar is back at half way through 28. Very annoying

Back