Portfolio of CCShaft7- A kind of 2.01 update (Arty Shots) 05/03

• Thread starter CCShaft7
  • 319 comments
United Kingdom
B.S.Eds. UK.
CoolcatShaft2007
5776301542_15e68d9685_z.jpg

CCShaft7
Decided to embark on taking up the challenge of showing some of my efforts with Photomode/travel and sharing with everyone and I hope to gain any feedback ( good or bad or indifferent ) and take it on board to hopefully improve on what I'm doing. The other galleries here are for want of a better word "astounding" and I already feel humbled in such company.
Will try to keep to keeping each update to 1 (or maybe 2) cars at a time and see how things go early on. All images untouched and will be seeing how far I can take it with what tools GT5 gives us with Photomode.

Set 1
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08

Kyoto - Gion_5 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_9 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_7 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_14 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_11 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Kyoto - Gion_6 (2) by damarose, on Flickr

Bern - Marktgasse (2) by damarose, on Flickr​

Last edited:
the girl sitting on the last shot is badly modelled, but the car and the shot is good. love how the wheels shine too.

Your comments are much appreciated

jgda9rs Afraid the "modelling" was a bit beyond my means but I totally get what you're saying, some of the "models" and spectators leave a bit to be desired graphically especially up against such finely crafted Premiums.

grrlpurple Thank you so much for the kind words, I admire all the supercars and prestige models but dont know what it is about the 500 that always puts a smile on my face every time I see it. One of the coolest cars in my garage:cool:

Love all of those fantastic shots!!

I'm very happy ( and relieved :) ) that you like them. Have been inspired by so many others ( yourself very much included ) on the forum and i still have a way to go.

Your gallery has inspired me to base my next set on some photomode track shots and already have a theme in mind to base it on. More will be revealed....watch this space.

I'm very happy ( and relieved :) ) that you like them. Have been inspired by so many others ( yourself very much included ) on the forum and i still have a way to go.

Your gallery has inspired me to base my next set on some photomode track shots and already have a theme in mind to base it on. More will be revealed....watch this space.

Thank you! I tried to emulate your close ups tonight, just can't pull it off like this set! so jealous lol

grrlpurple Thank you indeed, your comments are much appreciated. Now if I can just get my on track shots any where near as good as yours I may just have this thing cracked. :sly:

HondaFanatic To be honest its a lot of trial and error but like me if you keep persevering I know you'll pull it off.

CCShaft7

Well not quite the set I intended (still working on that). I decided to have a go at the current competition set around the Special Stage routes and thought I would share some of the shots I took in striving to find a worthy one to throw in the ring... no chance of winning though after seeing some of the fantastic images others have come up with ... oh well you got to give it a go as they say.

Set 3

Ferrari 458 Italia

Special Stage Route 7_14 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_4 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_8 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_26 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_2 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_7 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Special Stage Route 7_10 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

I like the 4th and last ones most. The bokeh is very interesting on the 4th one, and the last one looks like it could be taken from a classy TV ad (if Ferrari did many of those). 👍

Cheers GP for your comments... you also expanded my vocabulary "Bokeh" - In photography, bokeh (Japanese pronunciation: [boke]) is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image.

A big thank you for that... hope you don't mind me using that one in future.:sly:

CCShaft7
Me and the 'Vette - Decided to take this update to the cicuit (or street I should say) this time around. We go back a ways this car and I because of how I always wanted one of these when I was a wee lad. A friend of the family owned one and bear in mind I was living down in London at the time this bad boy stood out like a hooker in a church. Ironically I dont think I would own one today given the chance but its still a nice trip down Nostalgia Lane... Happy days :). No post editing.

Set 4
Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69

Côte d'Azur_21 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_19 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_29 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_9 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_14 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_12 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_51 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_47 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_43 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_32 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_38 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Circuito de Madrid_9 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Côte d'Azur_49 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Circuito de Madrid_21 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Circuito de Madrid_17 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Last one I promise ( apologies - got a bit carried away)

Côte d'Azur_10 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Thanks dude.... You seem to have a liking for more abstract/mood type shots like myself. Prob gonna concentrate more on that aspect and doing some post edited images for a first.

CCShaft7

Been away for a while trying my luck in a few competitions and geez the standard is extemely high, so I thought I would chuck in a mixed bag of allsorts to keep my gallery ticking over until I settle down to do the one car theme type thing.

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09

Siena - Piazza del Campo_6 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Ferrari California '08

San Gimignano - Town Square_7 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

San Gimignano - Town Square_4 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09

Toscana (Tarmac)_27 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Toscana (Tarmac)_30 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM '06

Toscana (Tarmac)_4 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Superspeedway - Indy_1 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07

Kyoto - Shoren-in by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Kyoto - Shoren-in_1 by CCShaft7, on Flickr​

.....and a 'Standard' to finish off with.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_17 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_12 by CCShaft7, on Flickr

Circuit de la Sarthe 2009_10 by CCShaft7, on Flickr​

Thats my lot for now... hope to be back soon:)

Thank you chaps for the kind comments, the 'moonlight' shot of the 'vette surprised me how well it came out... esp with the lack of any moon in GT5 :sly:.
At work at the moment so I'm really looking forward to finding the time to catch up on everyones galleries here. Plus I like getting the inspiration from you guys on where next to take my pictures to.

aws1423

Thank you for the comment, very flattering .... I feel as I have a long way to go to reach some of the standard I have seen on this forum but also believe we are all capable of doing so with plenty of practice, theres a lot of trial and error involved I must confess.

More to come soon.....

CCShaft7

More of my Audi R8.... love this car, just can't get enough of driving it. I am split between which one I actually prefer alongside the 458 Italia and its a close call but the Ferrari edges it for me because I can just throw it around the track with 99% confidence it'll stick.
Taking nothing away from the R8 though with the right set up and tuning/tyres it goes exactly where I point it when I point it, just lacks the low end grunt of the 458.
Thought I would use it to share some of shots of this beauty along with a few of my PMC contenders with everyone.

A full colour version of an earlier post

Any comments / constructive criticisms are welcome :)

CCShaft7

Just felt like I should make a small, humble dedication to all the people who have suffered and/or sadly lost in the tragedy a couple of weeks ago. Its not much and the following set is only intended as gesture, although I hope it may also bring attention to a related photomode shoot taking place this Sunday evening 27/03 (UK time). If any one would like to participate all is explained here

Thanks for the kind comments Ashes :cheers:. Felt that using the Nissan March would be a bit more subtle than a GTR for example.

Back