Brazilian runs over crowd of cyclists!! - WARNING, GRAPHIC FOOTAGE!!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 18 comments

mafia_boy

(Banned)
GTP_Mafiaboy
Action starts at 0:50.

The following is the description from the YouTube video thrown into Google Translate, so forgive me if it's not 100% accurate.

Tragedy on bike ride of the "Critical Mass" Friday, 25.02.2011 about 19:00 pm on the Patronage Jose Street, Bairro Cidade Baixa, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
I can not imagine what happened to the head of the citizen, if one can call this individual cidadão.Acelerar of a car against innocent people of various ages, from children to seniors.
The question remains how well a person manages a portfolio's license, and what will happen?

I'm almost speechless with this one. Your thoughts on this??

Last edited:
Saw this on the news the other day. Apparently the guy in the car was "threatened" by the bikers. The video is pretty hard to watch. :nervous:

Yeah, you'd better put an adequate warning in the title.

I still cannot believe why one would do this, even if the guy driving the car was "threatened"

Not the first time this has happened.

On the other hand, a large group of riders intentionally disrupting normal traffic flow to "demonstrate their rights" in an unorganized and unpermitted event is a pretty stupid thing to do. I've never understood how participating in a critical mass ride shows non-riders anything about me as a cyclist other than "He's an ass."

By no means am I condoning what the motorists did, but when you get somewhere and find it blocked by an illegally assembled mob (which is all these people are, after all) where I had no reason to expect other than clear passage, some people will fly off the handle.

Now, getting an organized ride, having it publicly noted and properly permitted with the authorities, with traffic managed and diverted by police, I'd have no problem with seeing that happen, or participating in it. But gathering together and blocking traffic as a protest because I think I have a right to is just stupid. Critical mass riders in that situation should be arrested. All of them. And seize the bikes.

Not the first time this has happened.

On the other hand, a large group of riders intentionally disrupting normal traffic flow to "demonstrate their rights" in an unorganized and unpermitted event is a pretty stupid thing to do. I've never understood how participating in a critical mass ride shows non-riders anything about me as a cyclist other than "He's an ass."

By no means am I condoning what the motorists did, but when you get somewhere and find it blocked by an illegally assembled mob (which is all these people are, after all) where I had no reason to expect other than clear passage, some people will fly off the handle.

Now, getting an organized ride, having it publicly noted and properly permitted with the authorities, with traffic managed and diverted by police, I'd have no problem with seeing that happen, or participating in it. But gathering together and blocking traffic as a protest because I think I have a right to is just stupid. Critical mass riders in that situation should be arrested. All of them. And seize the bikes.

Once again you get the to the sticky situtation of the right to protest vs the right for people not to feel "threatened" and to carry on with their everyday lifes.

These people may be abit stupid to do what they are doing, however they are within their rights to do so. The people who don't want them doing it have the right to complain to the police if they are interferring their everyday lifes. However they have no right to take it into their own hands causing damage to possesions and people.

It must be a fad to gun it through crowds of people now.

I agree that no one should do something like that, but I've seen some Critical Mass rides/rallies, and some of those bikers are serious assholes.

My thoughts and prayers are with the cyclists and of their families who have been effected by this terrible event.*

Not really, only joking. I don't care.

I'm using proportional opinion to document my reply in a generic fashion. As often so many other people do but in an opposite opinion. This is me rebelling against that sentiment.
As long as it is not abusive, anti-sentiment is equally valid as sentiment. And often under represented in forums. Which I think is a bit worrying. I'm afraid good taste is a casualty, but it's for a higher purpose, a taste in truth and recognition of viewpoints. Even if it's a minority.

Having actually gone to the trouble of writing that now, I do actually care a bit about these people. bahhh, I'm against myself!

These people may be abit stupid to do what they are doing, however they are within their rights to do so.

No, they are not (within their rights, that is.) They would be within their rights to form an organized protest. They would be within their rights to have an official route closed and bypassed.

They are NOT within their rights to just show up several hundred at a time and shut down the transportation system and block access to those for whom it was designed, and who paid for it.

Um, scratches all over the hood, it hurts just by looking... :P

These cyclist are complete 🤬 as is this guy, which really has issues.

The main point is, no one was acting accordingly to the law, you can't organize this type of event without explicit endorsement from the municipality and if there actually is authorization, they've failed in providing safety measures. The guy on the other hand is completely nuts or a psycho, no one in perfect mental sanity does something like that, even when forced to the most advanced stages of anger.

Knowing law and justice as I do, I must say: He'll be forced to donate some cash to charity, do some social job and then be free as if nothing has ever happened. Sucks.

Speechless. What kind of sick person does this to innocent bikers? And reading that he felt threatened by the bikers, i'm calling bluff. The dude was the one in the freaking car, for gosh sakes. :guilty:

I don't care how much these critical mass participants might be deemed "assholes", that was inexcusable.

It's odd how the sociopathic tendencies of ordinary people can come to the surface at the sight of an "intimidating" group (I'm referring more to the second video here). Tribal instincts? If there is such a thing...

That's what they get for wearing those tight ass shorts. :/

But in all seriousness, that's inexcusable.
I don't care if he felt threatened or not.
There is no excuse for driving through a mob with the intensions of hitting them.

He said he was being threatened by the bikers, but obviously he was mad at these punks blocking the main avenue of the city in Friday's rush hour.

But, not even in Mars this is a reason to run over people.

Well, if he was at all directly goaded, I hope those who were actively threatening him feel partially responsible. You don't kick a bull in the balls and claim you had nothing to do with the ensuing carnage.

Back