Biggest tuning secret! Rear toe!

• Thread starter NjLowrider
  • 100 comments
Drex81
Ok I'll help everyone out. Rear toe is the key. With any car.

Every car starts with .20 usually which makes the back tires point slightly in towards the front. Making for stability going STRAIGHT!

Get rid of it and start flat! At 0!

Then if it oversteers like a nsx give it some toe. Like .04 to keep it straight.

If it understeers and you want it to turn sharper like a supra or civic give it a -.4

Makes any car corner just fine tune it.

That default toe really makes no sense, simulation speaking. Every car should have its own settings (like spring values, etc). It's a fudged value put there for gameplay purposes: to make cars easier to drive, irrespectively of their original driving characteristics.
Even more disappointing is that to get rid of it one is forced to buy racing suspensions (when in most cases in real life limited adjustments are possible even on stock suspensions).

my sl65 goes 415km with and 413 without.

Really? Your SL65 goes faster than a Bugatti Veyron in a straight line? Either you failed maths or someone need to call Mercedes and tell them that their convertible can beat the world's 2nd fastest production car with simply a V12 and some tuning.
Also toe angle settings and essentially suspension settings is taking about handling performance. Better performance (aka less understeer/oversteer) means better cornering means better lap times.

Last edited:
my sl65 goes 415km with and 413 without.

I've done.extensive testing at ssr7 and the cars accelerate faster and have a higher top speed with 0 toe. For handling, toe is good, at the cost of tire wear though.

That default toe really makes no sense, simulation speaking. Every car should have its own settings (like spring values, etc). It's a fudged value put there for gameplay purposes: to make cars easier to drive, irrespectively of their original driving characteristics.
Even more disappointing is that to get rid of it one is forced to buy racing suspensions (when in most cases in real life limited adjustments are possible even on stock suspensions).

I don't think that the .20 toe is stock standard on every car. I think this is the default setting of a racing suspension only. For example, if you bought Car A, stock it will have the "actual" suspension tuned like the factory settings. Which could be anything, since we can't see. But, they're surely different, since cars handle different.

Then you add the racing suspension. This changes EVERY SETTING of the STOCK suspension, because you're... well... changing every component of the suspension? But the DEFAULT setting of the "PD Fully Customizable Suspension" is the same for every car, because it should be? If you bought a set of tein suspension, it's going to come setup similarly, since tein will have their settings. You can adjust them of course, but tein would need to have some sort of legal protection in that they must KNOW that if someone put their setup on their moms civic, and never "tuned" it, that they wouldn't die in a fire or something...

^ Not yelling, emphasizing. Hmm... perhaps I should italicize?

I don't think that the .20 toe is stock standard on every car. I think this is the default setting of a racing suspension only. For example, if you bought Car A, stock it will have the "actual" suspension tuned like the factory settings. Which could be anything, since we can't see. But, they're surely different, since cars handle different.

Then you add the racing suspension. This changes EVERY SETTING of the STOCK suspension, because you're... well... changing every component of the suspension? But the DEFAULT setting of the "PD Fully Customizable Suspension"[...]
Once you purchase an upgraded suspension kit you can check out the default values of stock suspensions. All stock suspensions have a 0.20 default rear toe value.

Really? Your SL65 goes faster than a Bugatti Veyron in a straight line? Either you failed maths or someone need to call Mercedes and tell them that their convertible can beat the world's 2nd fastest production car with simply a V12 and some tuning.
Also toe angle settings and essentially suspension settings is taking about handling performance. Better performance (aka less understeer/oversteer) means better cornering means better lap times.

Removed by moderator. You are the one that failed. 1000hp+ and 1000tq+ which by the way is more than a stock Veyron will net higher top speed with decent aero.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you purchase an upgraded suspension kit you can check out the default values of stock suspensions. All stock suspensions have a 0.20 default rear toe value.

No I know what you're saying... I'm saying that that isn't the default value for the stock suspension, that is a default value for the "fully customized suspension".

I don't think the setups for the default "Stock" suspension are ever revealed?

That said, I understand that the only real "default" value for the fully custom suspension is the .20 toe, and that other things seem pertinent to each vehicle. I think this is again because if you were to buy some suspension for a real car from a real tuner, they'd have some preset settings for their suspension setups so that they could be a "bolt on" mod, just because they know that not everyone is going to actually "tune" their FCS at a track... So the car needs to be drivable, and have some form of marginal improvement.

If that makes sense...

You can go to the stock suspension and click the "adjustment" icon thing to check the stock settings. (I think)

You can go to the stock suspension and click the "adjustment" icon thing to check the stock settings. (I think)

I was actually just coming in here to ask this after I posted that you couldn't check.

I'm not at my PS3... but IF you could check, that'd be it. That would definitively make or break my theory there...

I'll check in about an hour if no one else gets to it/cares.

Yeah guys I can confirm that the 0.20 toe is Not standard with every car. I just got a 240sx and it came at 0 while my Silvia Did come at 0.20.

I've messed with a few of my cars that came with stock rear toe of 0.20. The result is usually quicker lap times. The car turns in better and it reduces the amount of speed you scrub off with understeer. However the rear end will definitely feel looser and can become a little unstable. This is notable when racing with others online. Other drivers can enduce oversteer by tapping you from behind.

Yeah guys I can confirm that the 0.20 toe is Not standard with every car. I just got a 240sx and it came at 0 while my Silvia Did come at 0.20.
Try clicking "reset to default settings".
I can confirm the opposite! All cars I checked come with +0.20 rear toe.

There can however be, sometimes (very few exceptions), differences with the camber settings from car to car in the game.

Still, most of the times those values are inaccurate. If you've ever seen (in real life) a tire merchant checking his electronic terminal or reference book prior to performing tire alignment you will have realised that although differing generally by little, each car model has its own reccomended (factory) camber and alignment angles.

GT5 appears to use default fudged values, which I find very weird as real wheel alignment data is very readily and easily available, not secret.

So I just read thru this and wanted to know if all this information for rear toe applies to rwd, mr, fwd, awd, or rr?

Sorry for the big run on sentence

MR like nsx +.04

FF like civic -.03

FR like supra -.03

4wd like wrx -.03

+.20 is just a SAFE setting. Screw safe I want FAST!!!

Just put +.03 on any race jgtc nsx and a
-.03 on any race jgtc supra and come back letting everyone know how much better it is

Who let the special needs out early from class? You are the one that failed. 1000hp+ and 1000tq+ which by the way is more than a stock Veyron will net higher top speed with decent aero.
The point wasn't referring to how much power it has, more to the point about its top speed. All GT5 ever does is allow the car to go through a vacuum of space where aerodynamics is negligible and any car can 350km/h+. All people care about is "oh I can tune a car to go faster" and forget the fact more torque = wheel spin = power wasted for a FR layout car. Sure, I know "it is only a game" but then why do you justify your point just by stating how much power it has (using game data)?

Please try not to sound all cocky about something that initially clearly wasn't quoting you, targeting you nor misleading you.

Edit: Cars also doesn't simply go faster with a "decent aero kit", you need stability (downforce), traction (tyres), aerodynamics (drag co-efficient) among dozen other things.

Ummm.
SL65: Drag Coefficient. 0.31
Veyron: Drag Coefficient. 0.41-0.36 (while in speed mode)

how can it not go faster? it produces less drag.

therefore more aerodynamic

Ummm.
SL65: Drag Coefficient. 0.31
Veyron: Drag Coefficient. 0.41-0.36 (while in speed mode)

how can it not go faster? it produces less drag.

therefore more aerodynamic
A Mclaren F1 has drag co-efficient of 0.32, SSC 0.35, Koenigsegg CCX 0.30 yet the Veyron beats them all...I'm not some Veyron lover but these are just the unfortunate facts.

Back