*rumor*: Polyphony Digital "New Project" before March 2012

• Thread starter amar212
  • 416 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
French forum unveiled a list of 2011 E3 *rumor* announcements from the source that was 100% accurate over past years.

l_p4CCAh_original.jpg

original source:
http://translate.google.com/transla...&refCode=&filtre=&mark=17924548&#mark17924548

- Polyphony Digital are returning with a new title before March 2012
- Polyphony would like to make Europe a privilege for its next title. "Please don't underestimate their work even if they disappointed some of you."

Thanx to guys over NeoGaf for spotting this.

So, what is it? GT5 Spec II? GT5 for NGP? GT6? Tourist Trophy 2? GT Universe?

If it's true, then I think they might reveal Tourist Trophy 2. It can't be another Gran Turismo yet, it's too soon after the release of GT5. That's if this rumour is true, which it might not be. Someone should ask Kaz if the rumour is true on his Twitter page, but be sensitive about it, considering the recent events in Japan.

Lets not spoil the goodies PD has in store for us... Besides they wouldn't talk, so asking if this is true probably wouldn't work...

I do recall Kaz saying PD wanted to make another game not related to racing ;D
but im betting ngp or alot of download content

I am thinking a NGP title but am hoping for a GT5 expansion, GT6 or TT2.

And so it begins...
Oh how I am looking forward to see this thread growing fastly as we approach E3, gotta be AUSOUM!

Thanks for the news amar212, great source as always.

GT5 Skyline Edition II

with even more Skylines and a GT-R faster than an X1

Of course cars of different ages will be racing all together as usual, a Ferrari P4 against Super GT cars.. brilliant, yeah.. -.-

GT5 the Real No Sense Simulator.

I recon it would be Tourist Trophy 2 which might be available as an independent game as well as an expansion download for GT5. Its the easiest and quickest thing they could release because all the tracks and physics are same and they probably have been working on premium bikes as well as porting all the standard bikes from TT1 for a long time.

Bikes and cars were even shown in the same game in the Gran Turismo HD E3 presentation.

Robin.

I recon it would be Tourist Trophy 2 which might be available as an independent game as well as an expansion download for GT5. Its the easiest and quickest thing they could release because all the tracks and physics are same and they probably have been working on premium bikes as well as porting all the standard bikes from TT1 for a long time.

Bikes and cars were even shown in the same game in the Gran Turismo HD E3 presentation.

Robin.

With all the due respect Motorbikes in GT5 will be the final DEATH of this game. Gran Turismo should be only about cars, if you like bykes you can buy SBK X. Or they can make TT 2. But they have to finish GT5 first of all.

With all the due respect Motorbikes in GT5 will be the final DEATH of this game. Gran Turismo should be only about cars, if you like bykes you can buy SBK X. Or they can make TT 2. But they have to finish GT5 first of all.

Test Drive Unlimited had bikes and was hailed as one of the best racing games of this generation, also Project Gotham 4 had bikes. I don't really think it harmed those games.

In any case I'm not a bike fan at all and wouldn't buy it if it was a bike only game. I agree that PD have lots of finishing to do with GT5 and they should focus on bringing the game up to what it should have been at launch.

When they say "before 2012" they mean 'announced' and then it might appear if your lucky 7 years later :lol:

Test Drive Unlimited had bikes and was hailed as one of the best racing games of this generation, also Project Gotham 4 had bikes. I don't really think it harmed those games.
Those are arcade games, GT5 should be a "driving simulator" you know, I got nothing against bykes, I watch MotoGP and Superbike races but, GT5 slogan is "we love cars" the game should feature only 4 wheels machines. There are lot of irrational things in the game already, i.e. the old race cars Jaguar, Ford, Ferrari racing against SuperGT cars witch it simply desn't make any sense. If we add motorbikes to this GT5 will definitely become a "Completely Mess Simulator" :ouch:

Haha every single motorbike game I have played has been terrible, the tools just arent there to make a proper sim its more of a joke. I cant belive so many people take bike game sims seriously.
Using the controller it feels and acts horrendous, nothing like a real bike, whereas with car sims you can at least replicate almost evrything but the geforces.

As far as I know theres no mass market motorbike "sim bike" gear That you can sit on and it reponds to your weight movement input etc, where as out of sheer fluke a to make a good car sim you can simly use sim steering wheel and pedals, which are a dime a dozen.

You know this is the first time i've heard of tourist trophy. It can't obviously be gt6, because gt5 was there last installment, so its either the psp gt, or tt2.

Haha every single motorbike game I have played has been terrible, the tools just arent there to make a proper sim its more of a joke. I cant belive so many people take bike game sims seriously.
Using the controller it feels and acts horrendous, nothing like a real bike, whereas with car sims you can at least replicate almost evrything but the geforces.

As far as I know theres no mass market motorbike "sim bike" gear That you can sit on and it reponds to your weight movement input etc, where as out of sheer fluke a to make a good car sim you can simly use sim steering wheel and pedals, which are a dime a dozen.

You could use one thumbstick to shift your weight and another to steer 💡

Obviously getting these synched up is tricky, so "aids" are a necessity with such a system, and then you're reduced to the same principles as the riding form in TT. There have been decent(ish) bike sims in the past, but nothing recent has been any cop - TT was at least refreshing.

You could use one thumbstick to shift your weight and another to steer 💡

Not only that.

I find TT controls the best in genre ever created, but it is worth noticing that actual physics model was also superior to anything ever created.

Naturally, to get the real feeling of complexity and to achieve a real feel of physics you had to go to full advanced controls, together with manual shifting and manual leaning.

For that you had to apply gas/front brake on right stick and leaning/rear brake on shoulder buttons. But after your brain learned to cope with the controls... magic begun.

If it's GTP2 on NGP then I'll pass. If it's TT2 then I'll wait for it to hit the bargin bin.
But I'd jump on it faster than a speeding bullet if it's anything related to improving GT5.

Back