Toscana TUESDAYS » Open Invitation Event / Tuesdays @ 8PM EDT

United States
Florida
picture.php

Inspired by but not sponsored or endorsed in any way by Pizza Hut™ or any of its affiliates.

picture.php

When/Where:
  • Public room every Tuesday @ 8PM EDT / 12AM GMT
  • Room number will be posted in the thread when it opens up.
  • Or search through the Lobby for a room titled "Toscana TUESDAYS"
  • Room are likely to be open for 4+ hours so come and go as you please.

Restrictions:
  • PP will vary but usually fall between 350-650. Mostly ≤500.
  • Street cars mostly with the occasional Touring/GT races.
  • Sports tires (SS/SH depending on PP, RH for racers).
  • No driving aids. Ever. No exceptions. ABS is fine.

The Mission:

A gathering with the main intention to have fun but a secondary intention to increase the driving skill of everyone involved. Twisty custom tracks on sports tires requires precise car control. Your driving ability WILL increase by joining this event. This is intended for drivers using wheels; a wheel will benefit you greatly, but you won't be turned away if you are using a DS3.​

Requirements:
  • A sense of humor. We're all about having good time, so you should try to have fun.
  • Mics are strongly ecouraged. Idle chatter almost always leads to people having more fun.
  • Driving wheels are strongly encouraged for the best car control (but again, using a DS3 is fine).
  • Penalties are unrealistic so they will be off. Clean driving is an absolute must; abide by the OLR standards.
  • All drivers must watch the entire collection of videos from iRacing Driving School (elapsed time approx. 1 hour).
  • There's no way I can really enforce that you watch those, but seriously... do it. It's nothing but helpful.
  • DRIVE CLEAN! I cannot stress this enough. If your driving is deemed reckless you will be booted.
  • Damage will be on Light to lessen the stress of wrecking while driving on unfamiliar tracks.

The Theme:

This is all about Toscana. We may occasionally visit the Toscana rally track Valle d'Orcia included with the game, but the main focus is on using the Course Maker. This may include tracks randomly generated on the fly and mostly custom created tracks by me as well as YOU! If you have a great Toscana track let me know and we'll put it in next week's rotation. Toscana is a Change Time track so there may be some night racing and driving during twilight hours. However, I will do my best to save the light as it's very difficult to navigate unknown tracks in the dark. Until we get more custom Toscana tracks made by you we will spend a good bit of rotation on the custom tracks Anello Italiano (1), Passo Alfredo (2), and R1600Turbo's Targa Toscana (3).

Anello Italiano means "Italian Ring." For drivers that no longer feel challenged by the Nürburgring, here is your new nemesis. You will learn to love it. 80 heavily banked corners in 5 miles; it WILL put your skills to the test and destroy your tires at the same time. Passo Alfredo translates easily to "Alfredo Pass." With 73 corners in 5 miles and moderate banking, this track isn't quite as severe as Anello but still resembles a sinuous strip of Alfredo pasta. With R1600Turbo's first Targa Toscana stage he managed to squeeze 88 corners into 5.5 miles; the banking isn't very intense but there are still many tricky corners that make this course a challenge.

Here is a preview of what you're up against:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates!

Last edited:
Miura Cruise @ Anello Italiano

I took my newly acquired Miura for a leisurely ride through the Italian twisties. Here are some shots...

5708335606_f8e869abd1_b.jpg

This is the steep downhill section in the early part of the course that has a nice slalom feel to it.
After a very sharp left turn 3 swift flicks right, left, then right again make this section very satisfying when you get it just right.

5707770215_ec7dabd8c0_b.jpg

This is a turn that I have named "The Ditch."
It's about halfway through the course and is one of the most memorable turns. It's one of the only off-camber turns and the banking is steep.
If you don't see it coming it'll throw you to the bottom... leaving you 'stuck in the ditch' with a poor approach to the next turn.

5707770895_6541642f29_b.jpg

This turn has become known simply as "The Tree Turn" for a pretty obvious reason; there is a large tree overhanging the tarmac.
It's about 3/4 of the way through the course and when the turn is apexed properly you'll drive right under the branches.

5707770279_35b6f14c36_b.jpg

This is just a nice silhouette shot of the Miura that I decided to include.​

Last edited:
Looks like fun, but Tuesdays don't work for me :(

I'll be sure to check out your custom track though, I need a break from the Nürburgring sometimes :)

Seems like alot of fun but sometimes I have busytime on Tuesdays. It's my band's official "let's F'ing jam together" day for the week.

If I'm not busy, then yes. Yes I will join.

Anybody lurking about? Tonight is the night. The room is up with 450PP and SS tires.

1472 6118 3658 4760 7162

Decent turn out tonight. Had a few good races but decided to close the room early.

Last edited:
I hope you are okay with me joining this small group that no one is reponding too.:sly:
I think I speak for all DS3 users:(:(--:irked::irked:--:mischievous::mischievous:--🤬 Controllers Rock Mr. Turismo
Perhaps when I get a wheel, which will be never, I can join. Oh and I dont have a sense of humor. Or direction...I'm definately missing both.

A few other questions I'm pondering?​

Are rear wings allowed?
Can I add them to something german or just japanese?
Will a taiga green metallic M3 CSL with an over-the-top wing be the bud of a joke?
And my favorite question:

The two pandas at the zoo, Do you care if they F:censored: cause I don't. I wish these people on the news would stop reminding me the pandas have not F:censored: again this year. I have no emotional stake in Panda F:censored:ing :lol::lol:

Bumpity Bumpity Toscana Tuesdays

Not on Muscle Car night!!! ;)
Muscle cars aren't nearly as fun. ;)

Will a taiga green metallic M3 CSL with an over-the-top wing be the bud of a joke?
Yes. But honestly I don't care... if the car fits the restrictions (within reason of course), use it. 👍

Had to work pretty late last night. You gonna be doing this again?
Every Tuesday. Same bat-time, same bat-channel. :cool:

I popped in to the lounge last week (I was looking for the muscle car lounge) but I think I will join this instead this week.

I guess it's gonna have to wait until next week. Hopefully PSN will be back up by then! :scared:

With all this downtime, I'd be impressed if someone would take the time to make their own great Toscana track (twisty or otherwise). Drop a post in here if you do and want to use it next tuesday, I'll add you and download your track for next weeks rotation.

I'd love to get in on this, probably will roll in an RX7 or 350z. The timing is perfect for me.

Are these tracks going to be -5 road width?

Last edited:
PSN is still down so nothing will be happening tonight either. Rest assured that whenever we get back online these Tuesday sessions will resume as normal.

I've also added some pictures in the 2nd post now and included some descriptions for those who are curious what the primary track is like.

I'd love to get in on this, probably will roll in an RX7 or 350z. The timing is perfect for me.

Are these tracks going to be -5 road width?
I believe I have -5 all the way around for Anello Italiano. I usually go as narrow as I can but I may occasionally widen a section to -4 if -5 feels too tight.

Okay I was just curious. I'll be sure to check the track out as soon as PSN is up. I roll with a Driving Force Pro. Also I'd love to do some night tracks. It's a lot of fun driving a premium car in cockpit view in the dark.

500PP with SS tires tonight.

1472 6118 4259 7710 4258

Decent turnout for the first Tuesday back from the blackout. Got cut short by a PD server drop around 12:30. See everyone out there next week! 👍

Last edited:
Excellent Server, three words sum up the racing no matter the PP. Clean, Close, Fun. Tracks were technical and challenging, but had a great variety. Will definitely be coming back next week, and would recommend this to any driver wanting to practice and learn tips from others.

Sorry about missing last week, tonight is going to be 450-500 With SH/SS tires.

1472 6118 3787 3246 5625

Another good turnout, and it was great to see a few of the 450 crew drop in. We had a blast tonight.

Last edited:
Hey cool.. i'll look for your room tonight.. awesome idea, except for the sports tires, and PP.. haven't people learned PP are for Commies.?... oh and the no aides part!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, running a bit late .... We're doing 500/SS tonight.

1472 6118 3701 4252 0639

Room down. Other things came up. If BTK sees this he can start one himself and post it here.

Last edited:
Back