GTP_ty00123
Spyker C8 Aileron

spyker-aileron.jpg

Chassis:
Brakes AP Racing Carbon Ceramic
Wheels 19 inch Aeroblade 10-spoke wheels
Tires Front 235/35-19
Tires Rear 290/30-19
Suspension Kinematic layout of the front and rear suspension, front and rear stabilizer bars, mono-tube dampers, coil over damper steel springs, anti-dive and antisquat setup for improved handling properties

Drivetrain:
Layout Mid-Engine, RWD
Transmission Getrag 6-speed manual or ZF 6-speed Automatic, with exposed gear shafts

Engine:
Type: Audi-sourced Mid-mounted V8
Induction Naturally aspirated
Displacement 4.2 liters
Horsepower/Liter 95.2 bhp/liter

Exterior:
Body Type 2 Door, 2 Seat Sports Car
Front Track 1625 mm
Rear Track 1645 mm

Cool, it is a delightfully different car to look at, it doesn't aspire to be an Italian supercar but rather convince people with it's own attributes like distinctive looks and awesome interior.

Also, I do like the wheels, they remind me of the helices of an old aeroplane.

Absolute Sub-Zero. Been one of my top "poster cars" for a long time and because it's got bits of Audi put into the mix it doesn't drive half-bad either. And that interior... :drool:

Cool. Looks amazing, sounds great, and it's Dutch. Which is cool because it's not the first place you think of when you think of supercars. Or the second. Or the third. Or even the fourth. Not sub-zero because for its looks and price tag, it's pretty darn slow.

Cool. Light-ish, reasonably powerful, has nice interior but the cheese-grater exterior ruins some of the effect.

Very unique supercar, maybe the most unique supercar you can buy today. The wheels are awesome, the interior is out of this world, and the exterior design is so questionable it's cool. Just because of it's wheels' name, this car should be cool.

If Kanye West, Ray Charles and Liberace were in charge of designing the next Jaguar XK, it would probably look like this. Uncool.

Lambo doors, random slashes and an interior like a tart's boudoir...

fluffyhungarian1.jpg

fluffyhungarian10.jpg

Uncool.

Seriously Uncool, think it looks ugly on the outside and just as bad on the inside with that interior :crazy: and the specs just don't do enough to save it

interior shot:
spyker-c8-aileron-interior.jpg

I don't like it, never like the interior and the exterior but there's something special with this car that no others have. It has its own characteristic and personality that makes it very unique and unusual. Therefore, still gets a cool from me...

I'm not a huge fan of the crazy design elements, however if you drove by in one, heads would turn and jaws would drop. Hence, subzero.

It's Dutch, isn't that crazy!

EZArticle-Link-gold-member.jpg

I went uncool.. the interior is different, but not to my taste.. Stylistically it's trying too hard IMO, I used to like it because it looked a bit like a mid-engined Aston Martin, but that turned out not to be the case... A car bought by people only because they want to be different.. that makes it as cools as the weird skinny jean wearing fop-haired silly hat brigade teen-agers that hang around at the other end of town from the chavs.

Seriously Uncool, think it looks ugly on the outside and just as bad on the inside with that interior :crazy: and the specs just don't do enough to save it

interior shot:
spyker-c8-aileron-interior.jpg

I think that's the American interior. The European one has the cool four spoke steering wheel. This one to be exact:

2011-spyker-aileron-c8-interior-1.jpg

But, America requires every car on the road have airbags, so when it's shipped over here, they have to change the steering wheel.

But, Spykers have been cool in my book and the new Aileron is a sub-zero. It's sexier than the previous model and looks even better topless. The doors are technically Butterfly doors, by the way, as they do open slightly out and upwords. I believe though, that is different from the Laviolette.

Top Gear discribed the Laviolette a car that you wear more than drive. It's not a car you'd drive around every day, nor is it really a track car. But, it's more of a car that you'd take your date to a fancy restaurant in. And I think that's a very accurate description. I mean, really, if I had one, that's probably the main thing I would use it for.

Sure it has an Audi V8. But, it also has the signature exposed gear leakage, the Audi-style LED daytime running lights, curves in all the right places, an fighter jet-inspired ignition sequence, a lovely engine note (my favorite V8 engine note, actually), and...you can't turn on the engine unless you're buckled in.

And really, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, if someone rolled by you in a Spyker, you'd take notice.

Love these cars. Sub sub zero

Also, they recently announced they will be shelving the Audi V8 and using the ZR1 engine.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/111012030490/spyker-aileron-spyder-to-get-corvette-zr1-power---report

That article is from before the car was released, and after some digging, I don't believe the Spyder got the ZR1 engine. I don't even see why they would use the Corvette engine. The Audi V8 is half the size. If they want more power, they can always turbo charge it. Although, you'd lose that awesome engine note...but you'd lose it by putting in a Corvette engine, as well. And the engine note is one of the best features of the Spyker.

And really, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, if someone rolled by you in a Spyker, you'd take notice.

If Elton John walked past me in the street, wearing the Royal Botannical Gardens on his head and shoulders but naked from the navel downwards, I'd take notice.

"Cool." would not be my first thought.

Latest Posts

Back