Wrecking a Car?

big_davey_b
Can anybody give me an idea on how long this takes? I'm trying to get the trophy for making bits fall off my car. I'm on the Nurburgring, in arcade mode, using a Jeff Stewart NASCAR. All the 4 corners of it are smashed up. The bonnet and boot are flapping, it's way down on power and it handles like a tank with a jammed track, and yet despite pounding the he'll out of it for an hour and a half, it still refuses to fall apart. Is there anything short of calling in an airstrike, I can do to wreck the damn thing?

I tried in a Prius the other day. No car is more flimsily built. But after 15 minutes it wouldn't go fast enough to have a meaningful crash.

Does the make of car affect it? Are some more prone to falling apart?

I tried in a Prius the other day. No car is more flimsily built. But after 15 minutes it wouldn't go fast enough to have a meaningful crash.

Does the make of car affect it? Are some more prone to falling apart?

yeesh, I think it is that way with many of the hybrids. My standard Insight is pitiful after a few hard hits. Can barely get moving.

Best cars to use are the rally cars. The doors are what fall of first, probably why you're having problems with a nascar :lol: (hint: no doors)

If your trying to get the trophy for knocking a piece of bodywork off a car grab one of these in arcade mode and go to one of the snow tracks.Then just start ramming the car into everything....

GT5Shots185.jpg

GT5Shots189.jpg

There's a weird glitchy thing where your car can crash into a barrier/wall and kind of become inbedded into it and it kicks ten bells out of your car before flinging it away.

It happend to me with a WRC car and all 4 doors just flew off at once before it was flung.

A-spec level 36.

Edit: 2 doors sorry!

For anyone else struggling with this do it this way.
Arcade Mode
Rally Car
Indianapolis Superspeedway or Daytona Superspeedway
Infinite laps

When the race starts turn around and drive the wrong way. Hit the AI head on multiple times until bodypanels start coming off. If your bored ,you can cause some good pile ups as well If you chose the AI you hit carefully (are they being closely followed by another AI etc).

The Focus rally car take it to Nurburgring to the pits entrance area and ram it into the little wall there it will get jammed hopefully in the entrance then just forward reverse a good few times and about 2 minutes later the doors fall off.Someone on here put a video up of him doing it (cannot find the thread sorry).. It works as that is how i got my trophy.

Arcade Mode
Rally Car
Infinite laps

When the race starts turn around and drive the wrong way. Hit the AI head on multiple times until bodypanels start coming off. If your bored ,you can cause some good pile ups as well If you chose the AI you hit carefully (are they being closely followed by another AI etc).

Ignore that entire post.

I did exactly that some months back and nothing happened. No, it wasn't with a Standard rally car, either, but was a Premium. I even tried a few of them, all with the same results. Their parts would start to flop around but would just continue flopping around forever. I tried it with and without mechanical damage turned on.

I'd run head-first into oncoming traffic repeatedly, even crippling several of their cars so badly that they couldn't even limp to the pits for repairs, but nothing fell off of my car. After a while of going against the traffic, I tried for side impacts, moving back and forth across the Daytona banking so that cars slammed into my side at full speed. Nothing worked. I did this in several half-hour sessions, with different Premium rally cars, sometimes with mechanical damage on and sometimes with it turned off (mechanical, as in "effecting performance"), and nothing ever fell off after hours of trying.

I then went to Eiger Nordwand, went in reverse to the tunnel, and parked so that I was in the middle of the track, perpendicular across the road, and waited for the cars to come to me. As soon as they slammed into me, parts fell off. It only took as long as a lap of the circuit.

I found this on the internet, will try it.

Arcade mode, choose Focus RS WRC 07 '08, autodromo nazionale monza block the car between wall and 150 m breaking sign, then push acceleration. It will destroy car in few seconds and trophy will pop.

Only premium rally cars have falling parts (F40 might as well, not clear how this fits in)

Ignore that entire post.

I did exactly that some months back and nothing happened. No, it wasn't with a Standard rally car, either, but was a Premium. I even tried a few of them, all with the same results. Their parts would start to flop around but would just continue flopping around forever. I tried it with and without mechanical damage turned on.

I'd run head-first into oncoming traffic repeatedly, even crippling several of their cars so badly that they couldn't even limp to the pits for repairs, but nothing fell off of my car. After a while of going against the traffic, I tried for side impacts, moving back and forth across the Daytona banking so that cars slammed into my side at full speed. Nothing worked. I did this in several half-hour sessions, with different Premium rally cars, sometimes with mechanical damage on and sometimes with it turned off (mechanical, as in "effecting performance"), and nothing ever fell off after hours of trying.

I then went to Eiger Nordwand, went in reverse to the tunnel, and parked so that I was in the middle of the track, perpendicular across the road, and waited for the cars to come to me. As soon as they slammed into me, parts fell off. It only took as long as a lap of the circuit.

Well it worked for me using the Focus WRC. First door came off easily although it took a while to get the other to fall off (but I already had the trophy anyway). SO DON'T IGNORE MY POST, try it and see if it works for you.

I bet premium rally cars are the best choice for achieving the trophy, hit the bumper of the car on the wall multiple times until parts start to come off, if you could stick it to the end the rally car finally takes off both of the doors around the cockpit. :lol:

I got this trophy online, having a rally car Demolition Derby with some friends when I first got the game.

i got that trophy without trying, i was in a private lobby with a friend doing generated snow tracks with citroen C4, door fell off after the second lap (about like 4 mins into the race)

EDIT: after we found out that doors can fall off, we ram our cars untill the doors are almost falling off (opens when you brake), then we have the person whos door is almost falling off driving in the front, and another driving in the back (just a little to the side), and the first person brake very hard so the door comes open, then the second person runs into it. (it worked a few times) but idk if the car is just too beat up so the little bump to the car made it fall off or the second car actually ramed it off

Last edited:
I also got another trophy of the sort, the rollover trophy, from hitting a Honda Life Step Van in my 458.

The Subaru, Ford, Citroen, and Suzuki premium WRC cars are the only cars that doors, deck lid, etc. are able to fall off of. Oh, and also the premium Blitz Skyline. Not many people know that about the Skyline.

Arcade Mode
Rally Car
Infinite laps

I did this just now, IT WORKS. I got the trophy in under 4 minutes. 👍

Back