I 'm a Wankelholic and its gotten weird

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nowheeler
  • 81 comments
  • 9,392 views
Messages
12
Messages
Adios_Son
So, Just wondering whether or not I am the only one that has done this, or something similar to this. I don't know how many of you have seen the movie Condorman from way back but I watched it the other day. There is a scene in the movie where 4 or 5 black Porsches are pursuing the Hero, well It sparked something inside of me. I already had collected anything with a Wankel in it. (Except RX-8's they are toooooo UGLY) I proceeded to paint every one of them brilliant black and give them oil changes. Some I have never driven, but I find it amusing to have an Armada of RX-7's, all black, all stock. I plan to assault Tsukuba and see which of them proves to be king (with a ds3 :grumpy: )
 
Last edited:
WANKEL and yeah thats kinda weird..but then again I've got a ton of Corvette RM's (they see alot of use tho, some are 24H Le Mans winners). I guess everyone has their little piece of OCD insanity...
 
Such a huge fan that you don't even know how to spell it? I'm not sure what movie you're talking about, but I'm a big fan of the engine as well. From the Furai to the Cosmo, I've got a bit of a collection of them.
 
Yah about that spelling error :dunce: sorry guys heh just making sure no one was asleep at the wheel this morning. riiiiiiiight
 
mazda love!

the spinning doritos sound so nice.
 
You should tell a lady "check out my Wankel!" I did this once, but I got slapped.
 
Last edited:
I have an obsession with lime green race modified cars. I consider them my racing fleet and the lime green being team colors. That's not crazy!:crazy:
 
I have an obsession with lime green race modified cars. I consider them my racing fleet and the lime green being team colors. That's not crazy!:crazy:

All mine are in british racing green with gold wheels (lotus colours) and they're my team coloura aswell :)
 
I must have watched Condorman a thousand times when I was a kid and it never got old. I know what I'll be looking up on Netflix tonight.
 
All mine are in british racing green with gold wheels (lotus colours) and they're my team coloura aswell :)

I wonder if anyone has painted their whole garage the same color scheme?
 
I read something other than Wankelholic, that's for sure...
 
I must have watched Condorman a thousand times when I was a kid and it never got old. I know what I'll be looking up on Netflix tonight.

You are gonna have to dig deeper than Netflix! I finally found it on the PSN or Vudu can't quite remember. But yah AWESOME!!! "I'll have the Istanbul Express.....Make it a double!"
 
I thought we called them "wankelmotoren" and you guys call them Rotary Engines.

But i guess you know the term too then...👍
 
cryptomanic
I wonder if anyone has painted their whole garage the same color scheme?

Yea I did at one point. I beleave it was right when I started the game...
 
Condorman! Man that brings back some memories! I miss that movie. I remember when Disney used to put that and other old movies on past midnight! Unfortunately I got really sick one time and couldn't stay up to watch all the way to the end. When I was finally better they had stopped showing it. Well...I guess I too, will be scouring Vudo and PSN when the option presents itself!
 
I thought we called them "wankelmotoren" and you guys call them Rotary Engines.

But i guess you know the term too then...👍

Wankel is the name of the guy who invented them, and rotary is more of a "generic" term for engines that work in this manner. I usually hear "rotary" used more often around here.
 
I read something other than Wankelholic, that's for sure...

I think Wankelholism is a phase most British teenage boys go through.
 
Skip to 4:38 James Bond eat your heart out.
 
Last edited:
That movie looked really good, how old is it?
 
rotary-renesis.gif



:drool:
 
Love the slant-nose 911 of that baddy in the movie... Fairly rare I think...
 
Love the slant-nose 911 of that baddy in the movie... Fairly rare I think...

My friends dad had that front nose (body kit) on his old 911. Thought it always looked bad ass.
 
The movie is apparently from 1981. I've never heard of it. LOL. Cool scene though.
 
You should tell a lady "check out my Wankel!" I did this once, but I got slapped.

Try "check out this transaxle" next time, given that you pronounce it badly.;)


Skip to 4:38 James Bond eat your heart out.


That shouts cult classic, must see more of this. :D
 
I didn't see the 'L' in your heading initially - was vastly relieved when I read it again & did! :crazy::scared::drool:
 
I buy every single '98 Mini Cooper I see from the UCD :)

I think I now have about 15 Mini Coopers, all painted different colours. And of course I have a red, white and green trio - if I had any photoshop knowledge I'd make a picture with all three of them in ;)
 
Back