Straight Line Tuning Garage

• Thread starter Chickenda6
  • 46 comments
Hello,

I am going to start a tuning garage that will be drag tuning for a car that you request your car should appear in a waiting list while I finish other cars, if it doesn't send me a PM.

Some of my best tunes come from the 400BHP-800BHP cars.

The tuning will be tweaked on the Special Stage Route 7 (SSR7).

Sorry about the thread at the minute I am just starting out and I am working on it now.

I will take requests now

Thanks!

Last edited:
Tuned Cars

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec III NÜR (R34) '02
Nissan 300ZX '89

Last edited:
Good luck to you, but you have just stepped into a world of hellfire and brimstone. I'll search for you at SSR7, and you better have your cars up to scratch otherwise there will be three grease monkeys that will take your cars to the old woodshed with our creations. ;) Not to mention the hordes of Saudi's, Kuwaiti's, Aussie's & American's who will do so.

Not saying it to be cruel, but you must understand that if you release tunes for street drags, you would want them to be amongst the best of the best to bring the whole tuning scene up as a whole, otherwise there are going to be people who will beat your cars up to a pulp, and I'm one of them. :cool:

Could you attempt a Nissan 300ZX (Premium)? Preferably with full power on racing softs.

Good luck with your shop as well. :)

Good luck to you, but you have just stepped into a world of hellfire and brimstone. I'll search for you at SSR7, and you better have your cars up to scratch otherwise there will be three grease monkeys that will take your cars to the old woodshed with our creations. ;) Not to mention the hordes of Saudi's, Kuwaiti's, Aussie's & American's who will do so.

Not saying it to be cruel, but you must understand that if you release tunes for street drags, you would want them to be amongst the best of the best to bring the whole tuning scene up as a whole, otherwise there are going to be people who will beat your cars up to a pulp, and I'm one of them. :cool:

Hehe thanks for the Welcome :)

I shall try to do my best for the people that request my assistance.

Yeah I shall see you out there :cool:

I'm sure I have a few tricks up my sleve :sly:

Thanks

And I'll be right there with him to beat these tunes down! *friendly competition*

I won't release my tunes but I love pushing each other to make the community advance.

Well, the best of the best will be hard, but this thread is good, if we can disuss the tunes made public. The hard part is to figure out which car is the fastest one. Its all about the launching, if you don't launch at the same time, its impossible to tell which setup is the "best" (considering you both have the same car). Some people (including me) say that the racing time differs a bit, and isn't showing 100% the same at all peers in the lobby. Because of that people use the "tree", but some people say that "tree" isn't good either, because some people have bad reaction.:dunce:

What can we tell then? Well, the most fare would be the "tree" because most of the people sees the car goes invisible at the same time. I have "tree" many people in drag rooms, and many times, the car that lost by launching at the "racing time" won by launching with a tree. Why, well, i have three possible theories:

- Player 1 jumped by 0.3-0.5 seconds
- Player 1 and Player 2s racing time doesn't show up the same. Example, player 1 racing time shows 02:54:35:002, player 2 racing time shows 02:54:34:554. So when player 1 and 2 are about to launch at 40 seconds, player 1 will launch sooner, because hes like 0.5 seconds ahead of player 2s racing time. That is what i have tried to explain all the time.
- Player 2 have bad reaction, and leave late. Hmm, not likely, because he beat player 1 be tree many times :)

The reason racing time isnt 100% synced on all ps3 is because of peoples different network equipment, connection speed, where they live etc, etc. And some how the racing time is more affected by this than the "tree". It could also be some kind of glitch that the time isnt exactly the same on all ps3. Some times, it works well launching from racing time, and some times its messed up.

This brings us to the next question, do people see the "tree" exactly at the same time? Well, possibly not, because connection, network equipment, location, etc, etc, will affect. But, according to me, and other people that have tried this things, the "tree" is much less affected by this, and hence people are launching much more accurate when doing the tree.

I can tell from my own experience, since im often playing (not hosting) on US servers, and as you can imagine, i some times have "racing time" issues due to the latency between sweden and US, or as i wrote before, it could also be some random glitch, since i have seen many US players encounter this problem on US servers as well. But when i call a "tree", i feel that both me and the other one launching much more accurate, and at the same time. In theory the US players would see the tree before be (if a US player tree us), but still it works better. Why do i launch better with a tree then? I Have four possible theories here as well:

- My overall reaction is better then the other players (not likely). But hey, that cant be right, since i failed to launch by the time?
- The other player isn't used to launch by a "tree", well possible, but say that there is a delay when treeing, he would still have some advantage over me, since he would see the tree before me.
- The delay between the racing time and the tree is much less, that is, as i wrote before, most of the people see the tree at the same time, regardless of their latency.
- My setup is better :)

This is what you all must understand, but some US players doesn't understand this, because they think America is the only nation in the world that knows about drag racing, and hence, they have never thought about why some people always launch late, or "jump". There are always problems in drag servers, because people aren't familiar with these problems. When you launch late you are "slow retard", when you launch sooner than the other one you "jump". Huh.

Before you do drag racing, be aware of this things. You can have the most tweaked setup, 1000 hours spend of tuning, if you don't launch at equal conditions, you wont win.

What can we learn, well, reaction time is very important in street drag. If you are getting beat by time, call out a tree, and i promise you, the 50 cent wannabe with his 800 hp supra (even though 725 is maximum in gt5), he will loose.

Welcome to GTP tuning you will be competing against other tuners such RKM, RVR, Praiano's Tunes and so on...
Enjoy and I will be waiting to see what you will do!

Welcome to GTP tuning you will be competing against other tuners such RKM, RVR, Praiano's Tunes and so on...
Enjoy and I will be waiting to see what you will do!

He's tuning for street drag where as everyone else tunes for circuit, just sayin'.

If I were a master tuner, and had killer setups, i wouldnt give them out :), but similar tunings though.

Hey, I like the online drags and would be very interested in a FF setup for a DC2 integra, fully tuned. I have no idea where to start with setting up FF for a good launch or what suspension settings suit drag racing. Even just a base tune that I can tweak would be much appreciated. Hope your tunes dont get bashed too much and thanks for sharing :)

as you are waiting for an integra from the ucd any chance of a drag tune for the cadillac cien, fully tuned?

Thanks

Last edited:
It means, that everyone that tries to bs people in drag rooms, gotta think twice, because the things im writing are proven to be right :)

Back