Gran Turismo 3 hybriding

Ireland
Dublin, IRL
PR1VATEJ0KER
na
Hybriding GT3
Since I wipped out my old ps2 for the 1st time since ps3 launch I decided to play GT3, after looking on these forums I noticed the Hybrids and Gamesharks Section, I decided to try some hybridding myself. :dopey:

Memory Editors
First I tried using the memory editors (Action Replay Max and Xploder)
It was difficult to find information on Hybriding or any codes for Hybriding. Its definatly not the easiest way, but here are some links
Scroll down to Horse Power Multiplier:drool: (Great Fun:tup:)(These Codes in RAW format)
Hybrid Codes
Cheat Codes
Some memory editors offset or encrypt their codes so they are only compatible with their own software or a particular version, I found a software called OmniConvert that can convert them for you OmniConvert

Accessing the GT3 Game Save
The easiest way to hybrid GT3 is by editing the game save with MK's Garage Editor
To use MK's Garage Editor you need to access the save game file for gt3.
The most common way to do this is using "Sharkport"
I did it using "Action Replay Max"
These discs have software that allows you transfer save files from memory card to a USB memory stick, so you can edit the game save on a computer, there are more, however they all save in differant file formats.

Converting File Formats
You need to convert the game save file type to .xps before the garage editor can read the file.
Use PS2 Save Builder to convert save types to .xps format PS2 Save Builder (Click "Download this file Now!)

Garage Editor
I read about MK's Garage Editor, in this thread GTPlanet
However the link was broken :( Probably because the server is history.
Heres a new link MK's Garage Editor (Click "Download this file Now!)
After editing remember to convert the game save file type from .xps back to original.

Conclusion
Okay, so this might be the most useless thread ever made, but all this would have helped me alot If I could have found it in one place.

I have just Made a Lancer Evolution with the chassis, tyres and downforce of a Polyphony F1 car, it has 65,000 hp weighs 459kg, and gets from 0 to 700 kph in about 9 seconds from standstill, I need a bit of traction control just to get the power down:crazy:

Last edited:
I notice in your spreadsheet GrumpEone that there are cars called sample? What are they? Are they the F1 Cars?

I notice in your spreadsheet GrumpEone that there are cars called sample? What are they? Are they the F1 Cars?

Samples are unfinished cars, "samples" seems like they are cars included for the programmers to experiment with, and were not removed. 5 of the 10 don't even have a car body, I haven't experimented with these much, except for using one of the engines. One of the better Engines is on the sample001 car, and the RPM range is consistent with a Formula engine, Max HP rated at 14,000 RPM.

As far as what they look like, it has been far too long since I have messed with GT3, to remember.

P.S. - Using the spreadsheet as a guide I have created a 600,000+ HP car before, although it is virtually impossible to drive, it is fun none the less. (just remember to heavily adjust the downforce, or your tires will just be spinning and smoking.)

Also, if I remember to, maybe this weekend I will add columns next to each HP increase part, detailing the percentage of increase as well. Too bad I didn't think of that when making the spreadsheet, I should have multiplied the power by a factor of 10, to more accurately measure the percentage. But I am not going back and re-doing all the data acquisition, that part took about a week virtually non-stop except for sleep.

Last edited:
Hi Peoples! Sorry, I have a question. Which version of these HYBRID codes? NTSC or PAL? My game version is NTSC.

Quoting from the help file:

Set Code Base (F12)

Selecting this allows you to choose GameShark2 or CodeBreaker4 and NTSC or PAL. This is only necessary if you are going to use the "List Coded Car" function. Choosing the correct equipment and region will put the proper basecodes in the list.

Can anyone please help me find a Codebreaker 9.1 code for PAL version where the cars' tires are always good for single events and series events? Thank you!! I went and found some cheats but they're, well... stuff like ####-####-#### (#= Numbers and/or letters, - for separators), I tried them but they don't seem to work.

Back