Drivetrain: Front-engine, Rear-wheel drive
Engine: 6-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V12
Transmission: 8-Speed Auto
Power/Torque: 535 HP/ 550 Ft-lb
Weight: 5017 lbs
0-60: 4.1 Seconds
1/4 mile: 12.4 @ 115 Mph
Cost: Around $140,000​

Should I ever get one of those over-priced, super-luxurius executive sedans, it'd have to be the BMW 7 series. Compared to Mercedes' S-Class or Audi's A8, it's actually nice to look at and appearently relatively nice to drive.

Cool.

Equus does the same job and is less than half as expensive.

I demand Famine explains his vote.

I voted cool, but I have a thing for huge luxo barges that can haul ass.

I gave it a meh. If you're looking for a big powerful luxurious car it's probably great.
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just not cool.

I voted Meh, mainly because it looks like every other saloon, executive and luxury car ever made. But in all fairness, the 760Li is pretty pointless. I mean, what's the point of a 530hp+ 'luxury' car with a 6 litre V12, an 8 speed gearbox and a price tag of £100,000+? It removes the whole point of the luxury and it just doesn't make sense.

Uncool, as with most BMW's after ~'05.

A 6L twin turbo V12 and they only managed to squeeze out 535hp?

I love the F01 7 series, and though frustratingly - the V12TT is only available in the Li, and the M Sport is only available in sucky colours.

Either way, i went for sub zero... a 3 box styled big BMW with massive twin turbo engine has to be pretty close to perfect for me... of course.. if I had the money I would go for this..

bmw_alpina_b7_bi-turbo_11.jpg

Uncool, as with most BMW's after ~'05.

A 6L twin turbo V12 and they only managed to squeeze out 535hp?

Well it needs to be reliable too, "squeezing" out more power will most like cause the engine to not last quite as long. This isn't meant to be a track car, daily drivers need to last - especially at that price.:nervous:

I voted cool, for me on the road they are eye catching. And shoot if you wanted a luxury sedan that sets your head back there's nothing wrong with that.

As close to seriously uncool as you can get without actually being seriously uncool. I don't care about the badge, I don't care about the history of it. Just looking at it...ugh. Utterly plain and uninteresting. If I saw it on the road, I probably wouldn't even bother to look longer than to notice it. I don't mind big cars, but big cars have to have style, and this...doesn't. From that picture, it's got all the charm of a base model '96 Ford Taurus. Maybe it would look better in black...?

The only thing that saved it from seriously uncool is this:
Drivetrain: Front-engine, Rear-wheel drive
Engine: 6-Liter Twin-Turbocharged V12

I voted Meh, mainly because it looks like every other saloon, executive and luxury car ever made. But in all fairness, the 760Li is pretty pointless. I mean, what's the point of a 530hp+ 'luxury' car with a 6 litre V12, an 8 speed gearbox and a price tag of £100,000+? It removes the whole point of the luxury and it just doesn't make sense.

I don't quite follow you on this one? For instance, it is a close relative to the Rolls Royce Ghost, and the specs you have quoted are around about the same as the Phantom.... how is a a big expensive 6 litre V12 500bhp+ removing the point of luxury?

Not subtle. Not understated. Obnoxious. The only reason to buy one is so other people know how much money you have.

Seriously uncool.

Last edited:
Same point as to why there's V12 S65/CL65 AMGs & Panamera Turbos. Because they can.

Voted cool. Drove one once, simply brilliant piece of car technology.

Seriously Uncool -> A douche-mobile that turns up to 11. An E90 (3er) sedan for rich, old rappers. Pretty much a step after the 300C. :indiff:

^ If it would be the cool if it were the E38. But ever since the Bangle'd E65/6/7/8; I really don't think the 7er would be cool again. And this one is no exception. :indiff:

Fine if you want to be driven great distances at comfort and speed, don't care about fuel costs and really hate flying. Otherwise it's pointless. Meh.

Car itself: Meh......like any other 7 series Beemer.
Engine: Sub-Zero....V12 & TWIN TURBO?? Ooooh, that gives me nice shivers in the man regions, especially with 500hp+!! :D

Verdict = Cool. Put the engine in an E30 M3 please for the ultra retro-tech!! :D

For instance, it is a close relative to the Rolls Royce Ghost, and the specs you have quoted are around about the same as the Phantom.... how is a a big expensive 6 litre V12 500bhp+ removing the point of luxury?

The Phantom isn't just luxury. It's a super yacht converted into car form. The 760 is actually somewhat sporty though, the Phantom is truly overluxurious.

Back