TheBook

Literary Member
Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
KPG10 2000GT-R (1971-1972) - HAKOSUKA

C10GT-R.jpg

Engine: 2.0 L DOHC S20 I6, 120 kW at 7000 rpm. 118 Nm of torque.
Drive type: Rear via 5 speed gearbox
Body type: Coupe (available from 1971-1972, originally only available as a sedan (PCG10) from 1969.

I fell in love with this car from the moment I saw one for the first time in one of my Best Motoring International DVDs (Fujifast - heres the clip - listen to it on MAX!) Sounds absolutely awesome and looks stunning.​

A 70's Japanese sports car? I'm in, SUB-FREAKING-ZERO. I LOVE this body style.

An icon of Japanese performance, and yet nobody in the US even knows what it is. Most people around the world have probably never heard of it.

Sub-zero.

An icon of Japanese performance, and yet nobody in the US even knows what it is. Most people around the world have probably never heard of it.

Sub-zero.

One of the first Skylines! Also related to the Datsun 510! Sub-Zero baaaayyybeeeee!

Meh. To a serious enthusiast, you're a god, but to everyone else, you're just driving an old Datsun. Great car, but just not cool.

mPWRD
Meh. To a serious enthusiast, you're a god, but to everyone else, you're just driving an old Datsun. Great car, but just not cool.

What you just described is exactly what makes some cars cool!

What you just described is exactly what makes some cars cool!

To us, yes, but in the spirit of Top Gear's cool wall, I just couldn't vote cool. Don't get me wrong, though... if i had the money, a 2000GT-R would be one of my first purchases.

This. Legend of a car, but not cool. It's quite boring to look at and could easily be mistaken for a junker from a few feet away.

Meh

To us, yes, but in the spirit of Top Gear's cool wall, I just couldn't vote cool. Don't get me wrong, though... if i had the money, a 2000GT-R would be one of my first purchases.

Now, I understand how 99% of the world will not think this car is cool.

I simply don't care.

Only a percent of humanity would even take a second look? Who cares? I'm in that one percent that thinks this car is sub-zero. Am I answering for humanity? No, I'm answering for myself. And I say this is one of the coolest cars to ever grace the roads.

Sub Zero

It's KPGC10 btw (the "C" is a very important part) :P

Only GT-R cooler in my opinion is the next gen GT-R, the KPGC110.

It's a great car, with an amazing background and an even more incredible legacy. But if I were to vote, I'm not sure I would vote it Cool, let alone Sub-Zero. There's something that makes me think that people wouldn't stop asking you things about it, if you owned one.

Last edited:
I simply adore these things but in all fairness, it doesn't have anything even remotely cool about it.

It isn't practical or beautiful, and if you aren't a gamer or a japanese car enthusiast (and there is quite a bunch of people who aren't) you wouldn't even know about it. You would just assume it's an old datsun owned by the family over the years and that has been kept in good condition for sentimental value, or that the owner is either a car nerd or way too poor to get a proper car.

Uncool.

Latest Posts

Back