Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
Renault Clio V6 Phase 2 2003-2005

showimage.php

MR
2 Door Hatcback
2946 cc L7X V6 petrol, 24 valves, 255 PS (188 kW; 252 bhp)
6 Speed Manual
Length- 3,830 mm (150.8 in)
Height- 1,420 mm (55.9 in)
Curb Weight- 1,475 kg (3,252 lb)
Price When New- £ 27,125
0-60mph- 5.9s
Top Speed- 153mph (246km/h)​

Sub Zero. It just is. Proper car enthusiasts appreciate how loony it is whether they're normally a fan of Renaults or not, and non-enthusiasts and everyone else can just appreciate how cartoonish it looks.

A hot hatch is automatically cool. One with the engine in the middle is subzero. One with the engine in the middle and it is a V6? Lord Kelvin's icebox please.

Heh, very cool! Anything mid-engined is already interesting, and this one's especially interesting. It doesn't quite make it to sub-zero in my book, but it's close. Very close.

JCE
A hot hatch is automatically cool. One with the engine in the middle is subzero. One with the engine in the middle and it is a V6? Lord Kelvin's icebox please.

This. 👍

Seriously uncool, they fixed the first generation's propensity for trying to kill you.

Naaaaaaah... Sub-zero.

Sub-Zero for sure. One of the best looking hatchbacks ever (though the Megane RS250 still looks better) and it is an insane mid-engined V6 one too. :D

Cool. Just not enough for SZ. Not pretty enough, not dangerous enough, not fast enough. Just cool.

JCE

Must agree with this one as well.
Hated to meet the V6 in GT5p online for obvious reasons, but as a car it is something else.

Not very fast, doesn't handle very well, usual rubbish French build quality, expensive to maintain... but it's a mid-engined V6 hatch...

Sub Zero

Hot hatch? Okay... Uncool.
Hot hatch with rear wheel drive? Meh...
Hot hatch with rear wheel drive and a V6? Hm... Cool.
Hot hatch with rear wheel drive and a midship V6? Sub Zero.

There's little more to be said about this car, in my opinion. One of the few modern french cars I'd like drive.

The car makes no sense and I desperately want a chance to drive one. I live in the US, so I won't have a chance. That mystique makes it Sub Zero for me.

I'm sure on the Top Gear Cool Wall Jeremy Clarkson would break out his adenoids voice as he describes all the technical reasons Renault did what they did to the Clio... as he slid the photo all the way to the left.

It is the last reminder of how Renault used to do really crazy cars. It’s one of the few crazy cars of our time, actually, and it has a big legacy to hold, because of the Renault 5 Turbo of course, but also because of the sporting tradition that Renault has and that has stayed alive for years and years, even trough the very hard times the company has faced.

Think about it, it’s one of the few companies that’s always had a sporting model in it’s line up. Not all of them as crazy as this one, but they are very constant in that aspect.

Sub Zero.

This is, in my opinion, one of the few mid engined, rear wheel drive cars that don't make you look like a douche when driving them, and I base that on absolutely nothing. Sub-Zero.

Proper drivers' car, a angry and loud hot hatch which packs a short wheelbase to a torquey engine mounted where your kids would normally be, absolutely cool, bordering on Sub-Zero.

Looks cute to girls and a simple Clio(with a rather flamboyant widebody :lol:) to pretty much anyone else, a wolf in sheep's clothing. Makes you look a bit stupid, but very cool nonetheless.

I nominated this as I think it's one of the coolest cars this century.

Glad so many people agree with me 👍

This is, in my opinion, one of the few mid engined, rear wheel drive cars that don't make you look like a douche when driving them, and I base that on absolutely nothing. Sub-Zero.

LOL 👍

This is how Cool Wall debate is done.

Last edited:
Same mind**** as Espace F1. Useless waste of money, I think it's better to create sports car then tune ugly hatchback.
Uncool. Seriously.

It's my opinion, I don't care what you think about it.

Same mind**** as Espace F1. Useless waste of money, I think it's better to create sports car then tune ugly hatchback.
Uncool. Seriously.

It's my opinion, I don't care what you think about it.

No hatchback was harmed whilst making this car.

It is a sports car. It just wears a clio-style body on top.

Latest Posts

Back