PSN Ban

• Thread starter diablojd52
  • 47 comments

Is "zombieteabagR" too offensive for a gamer name?

• yes

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • no

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • mabey

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was banned immediately after complaining to PlayStation about being charged for a game that was suppose to be free in the welcome back package. They said my PlayStation name was inappropriate (this coming from the same network that sells games that touch heavily on topics of sex drugs gangs and murder.) They told me today to change my name by calling corporate and I simply told them no... I wont be pushed around and believe the only reason my name drew any attention is because I demanded a refund for something I should not have been charged for.

My psn is zombieteabagR.

Weight in and let me know if you think its any more appropriate than any of the other jokes or sexual innuendo or drug references already building up the network and PlayStation store.

Last edited:
So, you are the racing version (R) of a zombie's (zombie) tea bag (teabag). Is that right?

I think you have to agree to their terms of use to access PSN. It might say something in there about racing tea bags.

As for the game being charged for, that is a separate issue. If you should not be charged for it under certain conditions, and have met those conditions, then you should be refunded.

Sony's network. Sony's rules. They could ban you because its Tuesday and they are in a banning mood and you wouldn't have a case.

The thing with charging you for the games is something you should pursue, however.

Sony are coffee drinkers, so ban all references to teabags throughout the whole of the PSN.

And they're scared of zombies.

The thing with charging you for the games is something you should pursue, however.
Unless you attempted to get 3 free games when they only allow 2.

You were banned because teabagger is an offensive term, in more ways than one, which I suspect you knew when you created the account. You should have just changed your name, you won't win trying to fight them, it's their service and you agreed to the T&C when you signed up.

You were banned because teabagger is an offensive term, in more ways than one, which I suspect you knew when creating the account. You should have just changed your name, you won't win trying to fight them, it's their service and you agreed to the T&C when signing up.

Exactly, and importantly you can take that tag and be playing 3+ rated games like GT5 which may have younger players on. It doesn't matter what's in 18+ rated games and such.

Tea bagging is a term used in fps games over the past 15+ years so to cry about it now is kinda silly..... its a tradition and you cant kill someone proper without doing it :P

Last edited:
tea bagging is a term used in fps games over the past 15+ years so to cry about it now is kinda silly..... its a tradition and you cant kill someone proper without doing it :P

Teabagging is also something very different and I seriously hope you don't think that's a tradition.

diablojd52
tea bagging is a term used in fps games over the past 15+ years so to cry about it now is kinda silly..... its a tradition and you cant kill someone proper without doing it :P

What does all that mean? I'm old, is that English?

Sony T&C
You may not take any action, or upload, post, stream, or otherwise transmit any content, language, images or sounds in any forum, communication, public profile, or other publicly viewable areas or in the creation of any Online ID that SCEA, in its sole discretion, finds offensive, hateful, or vulgar. This includes any content or communication that SCEA in its sole discretion deems racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually offensive, libelous, defaming, threatening, bullying or stalking.

My bold. Tebagging falls under that category.

Terms of Use, man.

You want the service of being able to play on the network of the service provider, then you play by their rules whether you like it or not.

A lesson in the boring and mundane drudgery of everyday life.

I was banned immediately after complaining to PlayStation about being charged for a game that was suppose to be free in the welcome back package. They said my PlayStation name was inappropriate (this coming from the same network that sells games that touch heavily on topics of sex drugs gangs and murder.) They told me today to change my name by calling corporate and I simply told them no... I wont be pushed around and believe the only reason my name drew any attention is because I demanded a refund for something I should not have been charged for.

My psn is zombieteabagR.

Weight in and let me know if you think its any more appropriate than any of the other jokes or sexual innuendo or drug references already building up the network and PlayStation store.

After reading the other post i understand what that term means, so i voted yes! TB showed Sonys rules, so that about it!

Teabagging is also something very different and I seriously hope you don't think that's a tradition.

I've teabagged someone before, they weren't happy...

Disclaimer: It wasn't that teabagging. On a school trip, we dipped a teabag in mouthwash and put it in his mouth when he was asleep...

My friend got banned once on his extra account It was called (WARNING: SPOILER DUE TO A BIT RACEY NAME) blackslaves4u. The first time he went on PS home, he was banned the next day.

It is a common practice to crouch over your freshly killed opponent and has been for many years. The process is known as tea bagging.

:lol: :lol: It really doesn't mean that. At all. You have Google at your disposal for this one. It's definitely offensive.

:lol: :lol: It really doesn't mean that. At all. You have Google at your disposal for this one. It's definitely offensive.

He may not know what it means, but the action portrayed when crouching over your opponent's corpse portrays exactly that.

Also, OP should follow Good guy Greg's example.

memes-no-trash-talk-even.jpg

Unless you attempted to get 3 free games when they only allow 2.

I got four (I already own LBP so didn't want to download it). :dopey:

To the OP - I'm glad they didn't allow you to have that account. The games have different ratings but screen names do not. The (poorly named) account you chose is fine for the audience of Rated-M games like Call of Duty, but it's not limited to those games and if you took it online to play something that may appeal to family gamers (Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, etc) then your name is no longer appropriate and should not be allowed.

The attitude that makes people want to make screen names like the one you chose is the same attitude that makes online gaming unsafe for younger kids. :indiff:

It is a common practice to crouch over your freshly killed opponent and has been for many years. The process is known as tea bagging.

Why in heaven's name do you think it's called tea-bagging? You are putting your "teabag' in his face.

Last edited:
I liked the name. Don't see anything wrong with it. Jk it's kinda gross. And I don't think it's good for 8 year old kids to run into you online.

Back