• Thread starter DLR
  • 51 comments

DLR

(Banned)
United States
Under the Hood
iWinYouLooz
PS3>Xbox
So I heard of other people doing this for racing and I thought why not do it for dragging. So basically get a decent amount of guys together and every drag night there will by a main restriction. For example, "Nissan Wars", "Max 750 HP" or "1990 Or Older". We'll have brackets and every pair running 3 times to determine the winner of that bracket before moving up to face the winner of the next bracket. Something like this:

8-single-fillable-bracket.jpg

Winner gets special paints/parts or even a car depending on what the other people pooled together before the competition. Now I wouldn't be able to do this with random people online but with a special forum just for GT5 this would defiantly be possible. So is anyone interested in doing this? I will be the ghost for our first "Tournament" to see how everything goes. But before all that is anyone willing to make this happen? I want to start small at first so I just need 4 people. Oh, and these will be at Indy Road Course.

Ghost: DaLightninRacer - PSN:iWinYouLooz

Draggers:
1. Bobby-Vegas - PSN:Bobby-Vegas
2. samie57 - PSN: samie57
3. gvrules - PSN: gvrules
4. vinjor2020 - PSN: vinjor2020

Remember all this stuff is not final, just a cool idea I threw out there. If you have a better idea, feel free to mention it :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT'S ON!! Match ups here:

2e185dc279ae9d75b8119c258c20ad34b05a4f2bc9378a947725c4f3a1d157d65g.jpg

DOWNLOAD THIS!!!

Contains all the info you need for competing or watching the event.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done! Half the people didn't show, which seemed to be our biggest problem. But here's how things went:

base1q.jpg

Any suggestions from participants?

Last edited:
Certainly interested.. Send a FR or add to list. But depending on where you live this could be a problem.

add on. A thought, PP's are cool but I find the best racing is when we all have the same car, then it comes down to tuning.

Certainly interested.. Send a FR or add to list. But depending on where you live this could be a problem.

add on. A thought, PP's are cool but I find the best racing is when we all have the same car, then it comes down to tuning.

Cool so I am in Seattle Washington. Don't usually have connection problems. Same car competitions are a good idea. I am planning to organize everything online (People involved, cars using, prizes...etc) so we only do the competition in GT5 to have as little confusion as possible.

Great, we live in the same time zone. I can pass the word around to friends who are on GTP, and ask those who are not a GTP member to become one if necessary.

Great, we live in the same time zone. I can pass the word around to friends who are on GTP, and ask those who are not a GTP member to become one if necessary.

Awesome, thanks 👍

I'm in I love drag racing!!

Added to list :)

I defiantly see this having quite a bit of potential in GT5. I'll probably send out word documents to all the participants stating the particular theme and rules of a given event. If you guys have any other ideas for this, please let them be heard.

I could possibly be interested. All depends on the time though. I'll subscribe. 👍

You could easily do this with eight participants, to make thing a little more interesting, but I see how four might be good to test out the whole idea. And restrictions (such as the ones you mention in the OP) would definitely be good; it forces participants to be creative.

EDIT: I'm also in your timezone, so that raises my chances of participation

I could possibly be interested. All depends on the time though. I'll subscribe. 👍

First off where are you located? And what time will work for you?

First off where are you located? And what time will work for you?
I'm in the Bay Area, CA (prefer not to get more specific than that). As for times, I'd say something like... IDK, either during the weekday before 5:00 pm, or most anytime Saturday. Would this be a one time event (as in each competition)?

I'm in the Bay Area, CA (prefer not to get more specific than that). As for times, I'd say something like... IDK, either during the weekday before 5:00 pm, or most anytime Saturday. Would this be a one time event (as in each competition)?

Ok good. So this is just a small scale "test" (I don't know if you would call it that) to see what it would be like and how this would work. Eventually this would be a regular thing but for now I just need some people to get together and drag :D

But no you not like a permanent member or locked to this "job" or anything. Just this time to see how this will work :)

Dang im in est. but i stay up till like 1:30am est so..

No prob. Just making sure your not in Kazakhstan or something :lol:

I like your idea. Ill see how this goes and the feedback from the racers , if it goes ahead. I have subs to this thread.

Ps. I Would like to watch it lol.

I like your idea. Ill see how this goes and the feedback from the racers , if it goes ahead. I have subs to this thread.

Ps. I Would like to watch it lol.

Yea it just hit me after I spent so much dragging that the whole ordeal was a bit messy. Anyone can join, use any car, ram people. I wanted a more organized approach.. .with prizes at end :sly:

@EVERYONE ELSE

I'm thinking of doing this on Saturday, July 9th 2011 at 4:00 PST. Will all of you be able to make it? This will probably last an hour to two.

Point #2. Seeing that this is the first event of its kind and not sure how it will work, I will personally give the winner 10 sets of Racing Soft Tires instead of having everyone pool together something :)

Will upload some stuff soon so keep an eye on this thread 👍

I'm thinking of doing this on Saturday, July 9th 2011 at 4:00 PST. Will all of you be able to make it? This will probably last an hour to two.
Oh no! I'll be at Laguna Seca watching a Grand Am race at that very moment. :nervous:

This, too, wouldn't work (whether it's Eastern or Pacific).

Sorry I made it sound like anytime Saturday would be fine. In fact, that's precisely what I said. It would be true for almost any other Saturday, but I just remembered I had something this time around.

If you find someone else willing to fill my spot for this 'test' I have no problem with that. Commence according to schedule by all means. Or work out a new time.

I apologize 'bout this. :(

Last edited:
Oh no! I'll be at Laguna Seca watching a Grand Am race at that very moment. :nervous:

This, too, wouldn't work (whether it's Eastern or Pacific).

Sorry I made it sound like anytime Saturday would be fine. In fact, that's precisely what I said. It would be true for almost any other Saturday, but I just remembered I had something this time around.

If you find someone else willing to fill my spot for this 'test' I have no problem with that. Commence according to schedule by all means. Or work out a new time.

I apologize 'bout this. :(

No problem :)

I hope it's a aid free drag competition.
No TC and Automatic gearbox crap right?

No aids but Automatic is available.. not that it will help anyone. Would you like to join given the withdraw of danjee?

I already know on this test im probaly gunna get beat unless its an all gtr race so....I cant tune to save my life....I could also be ghost if you want to drag lightning

I already know on this test im probaly gunna get beat unless its an all gtr race so....I cant tune to save my life....I could also be ghost if you want to drag lightning

No thanks, I wanna be a "Referee" in this one. Just this one time :)

All sounds good, 5pm (PST) is good..

Any thought on the car type or horsepower limit yet? I ask because I would like to break the car in first.

Back