GT3 Replay Manager

• Thread starter Arwin
  • 123 comments
Hi GT3 addicts with x/shark ports (or even EMS stuff),

If you like me got your harddisk filling up with replay files :banghead:, you might like a little tool I'm developing to manage those files :cool:. This tool can show you time, car, track, etc. for all replay files in a specified folder, helps you rename them (automatically or manually), and allows you to view all the car settings and upgrades. It also reads settings files, in which case you just get to see all the settings.

I rather spend my spare time on working on this thing then on going around the boards and updating info on it everywhere :rolleyes: , so I refer you to this thread at GT3 times where you can read up on it's development and download the program:

http://www.gt3times.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5171

In case gt3times is down, here's direct links:

http://home.planet.nl/~arum0000/GT3B/bin.zip (8.5mb with images)
http://home.planet.nl/~arum0000/GT3B/binnoimg.zip (0.5mb, no images)

Don't forget, you need to have the .NET Framework Runtime installed for this program to work.

To install the replay manager, just unzip (you may unzip over an old version) all files into a folder and run RManager.exe in the bin folder.

It's completely free, no commercial strings attached, not now, and as far as I'm concerned, not ever. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Here's a screenshot to encourage you (or not of course :indiff:):

GT3BMain.jpg

Greetz,

Arwin

Got the D/L Arwin 👍 just gotta try it out... will do that later ;)

Good work, should come in very handy as I have 2 full cards that could do with clearing up :)

Ok I installed it .....

Very nice program :cool: it's sweet, I'm impressed! gonna have a play about with it now :D

Nice one Arwin!
top.gif

Hang on, Kel - is this why you're "too busy to post spam"? Because you're downloading a crap cheaters' aid for the PS2?

Honestly.

Originally posted by SandStorm
Hang on, Kel - is this why you're "too busy to post spam"? Because you're downloading a crap cheaters' aid for the PS2?

Honestly.

Hmmm cheaters aid ? it's got nothing to do with cheating, so get your facts straight :irked:

This thread isn't about the Xport, it's about a program that Arwin has kindly made for all us 'addicts' to use to find our replays and look at the data for the cars etc...
Obviously, you need an Xport in order to have your files on your pc in order to use this but.... blah forget it .

Anyway, Xport isn't just a cheaters aid it's a very useful piece of equipment that saves you a lot of money on MC's and gives you the oppurtunity to show off your replays and great skills, otherwise you might find yourself being called a cheat somewhere down the line ;) something you would know about SS :P

Stop spamming Arwins thread, if you aint gonna use it or don't have a question about it ......

:mischievous:

Edit: BTW you're now on Ignore ,you pain in the arse! so stop pm'ing me .

How exactly do you cheat with a X port without Hybriding ..?
The way i see it is if you alter the car in anyway that is classed as hybrid car yes ..No?

So it can't be a cheaters aid if you don't do hybrids...

That looks like a nice wee proggie (Got anything for Mac :P) my mem card is fast filling up :( im gonna have to delete some of my replays :(

Or buy a new Mem card just for GT3 replays :(

Originally posted by pedrodaman
How exactly do you cheat with a X port without Hybriding ..?
The way i see it is if you alter the car in anyway that is classed as hybrid car yes ..No?

So it can't be a cheaters aid if you don't do hybrids...

That looks like a nice wee proggie (Got anything for Mac :P) my mem card is fast filling up :( im gonna have to delete some of my replays :(

I think you can only make hybrids using Mk's and then obviously use the Xport to transfer your dodgy hybrid rides back to your card, not sure :confused:

I'm forever having to delete replays from the cards we got, there's just so many saves :eek: only 355kb left on one and 847kb on the other...

I just backed one up to see how it goes in Arwins program , if all works well I shall be scrubbing one of them so I can have a nice empty card again :cool:

Or buy a new Mem card just for GT3 replays :(

It's a shame that Xport doesn't work with mac, a damn sight lot cheaper to just get an Xport :irked:

Or you could buy a proper PC if you're rich enough :P

I have an old PC lying around my house somewhere ( and i mean OLD) :lol:
What are the minimum System requirements for Xport?

I was thinking of maybe getting me a X port and use this old PC to run it ..Save my replay s etc on it

Im not sure if i could hook it up to the internet as it's a piece of dung..

But maybe i could copy the files i want to upload (replays) onto disk using the PC then transferre them to the Mac for uploading ...MMM intersting dunno if this will work but i might try it out and see...

I would love to get a new PC but im not a big fan of them ...Besides the Mac ate a lot of my cash ...(greedy ****er) :lol:

I have an old PC lying around my house somewhere ( and i mean OLD) :lol:
What are the minimum System requirements for Xport?

I was thinking of maybe getting me a X port and use this old PC to run it ..Save my replay s etc on it

Im not sure if i could hook it up to the internet as it's a piece of dung..

But maybe i could copy the files i want to upload (replays) onto disk using the PC then transferre them to the Mac for uploading ...MMM intersting dunno if this will work but i might try it out and see...

I would love to get a new PC but im not a big fan of them ...Besides the Mac ate a lot of my cash ...(greedy ****er) :lol:

That would be a way around it , I don't know the minimum requirements for Xport (threw the box out)I'd find that out though if I was you, you might just be able to do it that way :cool:

Im assuming it dos'nt take alot to run the Xport software so it could work ..Storage should not be a problem ethier as replay files are not that big..

I will need to check this out ASAP i wish i thought of it sooner :irked:

:eek: :eek: This is great stuff! I loaded up a replay from the backed up card and....

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 697
Thanks Lotus, glad you like it. :cheers: Be sure to feed me any bugs, ideas for improvement, etc. Not that I don't have loads of the latter myself, but yours might be better and I'll be implementing them in order of merit. :lol:

Here's an example of how easy it is to find the right replay, it's a right pain having to rename 1 at a time but not now ...

from this pile of mess to that (above pic)

:cool:

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 670
Originally posted by Arwin
Thanks Lotus, glad you like it. :cheers: Be sure to feed me any bugs, ideas for improvement, etc. Not that I don't have loads of the latter myself, but yours might be better and I'll be implementing them in order of merit. :lol:

:cheers:

Only one little problem ... and that's when I first load up the save I get RM Manager not found! a few times so I click ok a few times and then it all comes on the screen .
Don't know if that's a problem or not, but just thought I'd tell you about it :D Other than that it all seems fine :cool:

That looks so cool :)

I checked out that old PC out im affraid it's ****ed..:mischievous:

Plan B I will keep the monitor & peripherals and go and get a new brain so to speak ...
All the peripherals are quite new and the monitors quite good too
I could get a new system for around £200 (if i build it myself) nothing fancy just what i need for this sort of purpose ..

Yep, and you can even clean up this mess in a few clicks by selecting all files in the replay browser, pressing the right mouse-button, and then choosing 'rename (auto)'. A few seconds later they will have been renamed to something like FR_MR2_zzs_00_01_23_664.xps ... (free run, Midfield raceway 2, tommy kaira zzs, laptime: 1'23.664). That way they are a lot easier to look at for people you send the replay too also.

A good practice is to put the driver name in the replay always first, just like you're already doing. Not only can you then sort by it because it's in the comment field, I can then automatically extract the driver name from the replay at some point and use that for creating nice overviews which you can use to auto-produce challenge standings from replay files.

This is just the beginning ... :cool:

That looks so cool :)

I checked out that old PC out im affraid it's ****ed..:mischievous:

Plan B I will keep the monitor & peripherals and go and get a new brain so to speak ...
All the peripherals are quite new and the monitors quite good too
I could get a new system for around £200 (if i build it myself) nothing fancy just what i need for this sort of purpose ..

Crikey! you gonna shell out 200 quid so you can save all your replays ?:eek:

You must be filthy rich Pedro :P :lol:

Only one little problem ... and that's when I first load up the save I get RM Manager not found! a few times so I click ok a few times and then it all comes on the screen .
Don't know if that's a problem or not, but just thought I'd tell you about it :D Other than that it all seems fine :cool: [/B]

It's not in fact - it's just that previously it was real fast, but now with all the parts loaded and all of them being checked against the stock carparts and identified if not stock for each replay in the folder it's gotten a lot slower. That's why the program originally doesn't respond ... I just need to add a progress bar and change the mouse icon to a busy icon. :)

Originally posted by lotus350
Crikey! you gonna shell out 200 quid so you can save all your replays ?:eek:

You must be filthy rich Pedro :P :lol:

I wish :lol:

It's not just for that :)
it will enable me to use internet based software that is otherwise not available to us Mac users
It will be my downloading & spam machine :D

I won't be able to buy it any time real soon ..But i can be patient;)

Lotus, I notice in your screengrab that there are a few (TT) replays with 00:00:000 listed as the laptime and a few with 1149.23.000 or something similar. Could you send me those files so that I can check these? Looks like a bug-thing. :irked:

EDIT: in fact, if anyone could just send me as many replays as they like (please zip them though) to a.arum@wxs.nl so I can increase my test-file base, would be much appreciated!

Hi Arwin:
:D I'm not as "Computer Literate" as Lotus, downloaded & unZipped your program NOW WHAT??? How do I get replays into the program??? Thanx...UB57
:D

now you
- start up the RManager.exe program
- click on 'file - open'
- select a replay file (just any from a folder with replay files, doesn't matter which one)
- click on open again .... after a little while (takes a few secs, depending on the number of replay files in the folder), the replays should appear as in the screenshots above

now you can

- right click on one of the replay files, and for instance choose Details -> Car to see the part & settings data

Does that help?

A.

Back