Vettel Challenge Gold with DS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Si-UK
  • 27 comments
  • 6,560 views
Excellent man... i tried with the DS3 last night and the best time i get is 2:06.111.
 
What is DS3 ? lol just the controller or what.
 
What is DS3 ? lol just the controller or what.

Yea the controller, DualShock 3.

BTW, good job man, best I ever did was bronze all 3 tracks with the DS3, much respect getting gold on any of those courses.:sly:
 
Damn that's crazy. I just achieved bronze in each and I'm very happy. Does anybody have tips in here or settings on how to achieve it with a DS3 ?
 
I used the following settings:

SRF: On
TCS: Off
ABS: 7
Steering Sensitivity: 7
Everything else set to Off.

I didn't know you could change the brake balance so that was set to default.

Other then that, just pure practice so you can master the track and learn the car & braking points on the track. Use sector times as a gauge to judge your speed.
 
Thanks for the information. I'll try it out and let you know if it works out well.
 
LaurelLondon
Thanks for the information. I'll try it out and let you know if it works out well.

No probs :) Goodluck!
 
Added Monza Video in original post. :)
 
I'm still a second too slow on each lap behind the gold pace. It's beyond frustrating now :( Not enjoying it at all.
 
I got silver quickly after getting bronze on Monza but getting gold looks like impossible for me and my last best time is 2:04.786.
 
I'm still a second too slow on each lap behind the gold pace. It's beyond frustrating now :( Not enjoying it at all.

If your not enjoying it don't do it and leave it for awhile it's only a game remember :P.
 
Yes, very true. I'm finishing the AMG Special Events. Will try Suzuka at a later date.
 
Got silver on Suzuka!! 1.4 seconds off gold. I think gold is looking doubtful with the DS3. May have to complete this challenge with a wheel. :(
 
Got silver on Suzuka!! 1.4 seconds off gold. I think gold is looking doubtful with the DS3. May have to complete this challenge with a wheel. :(

ds3 well do the gold, practice shall you achive it

gd luck mate
 
Got silver on Suzuka!! 1.4 seconds off gold. I think gold is looking doubtful with the DS3. May have to complete this challenge with a wheel. :(

Keep at it just keep at learning the car and corners and continue to think well ahead of a braking point :).
 
Can someone post their sector times for the Suzuka circuit, who who've used the Dualshock 3 controller and acheived gold. Also first and second lap times.

This will be a great help in judging the pace for the gold time.

Many thanks :)
 
If you check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-17iYXhtQ I mention sector times and lap times (Was pre-patch tho so obviously now you can go faster).

For a DS3 after patch lap times your looking for are Low 1:05 first lap, and a Mid 1:03 second lap.
 
Im so happy, finally got gold on Suzuka!! :-) Finally obtained GT5 Platinum!

A right pain with the Dualshock 3, but got there in the end.

Checkout my replay at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDIPjqnAXvM

Big thanks to you all for your support!
 
Im so happy, finally got gold on Suzuka!! :-) Finally obtained GT5 Platinum!

A right pain with the Dualshock 3, but got there in the end.

Checkout my replay at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDIPjqnAXvM

Big thanks to you all for your support!

Well done! Replay looked very smooth and clean! 130R flat out is just amazing!

Did you use the below settings? Did you adjust brake balance?
I used the following settings:

SRF: On
TCS: Off
ABS: 7
Steering Sensitivity: 7
Everything else set to Off.

I didn't know you could change the brake balance so that was set to default.
 
Thanks man!! Such an adrenaline rush doing that circuit in the X1. :-)

Brake balance is at default setting.
SRF: On
TCS: Off
ABS: 1
Steering Sensitivity: 7
 
Well done Si-UK!!
Kudos to sticking with it and not giving up like alot others.

About brake balance, I suppose you don't need to mess with it at all.
Doesn't really make a difference, at least for me.
 
It is difficult there's no denying it, there's no easy way out, just pure practice and your times will improve.

You get to a stage where you hardly need to think about the bends you automatically take them, infact you should try to always think ahead, look to the next stage of the track in your mind so you're always preparing yourself.
But as tALEz said to me...just try the challenge when you feel it's right, so you enjoy just driving around Suzuka. I found I was trying too hard at times and getting frustrated forcing too many errors.

I found no need to change the brake balance but I was using ABS @ "3" for a long time so I could almost slide while braking but changed it to "1" because the braking wasn't sharp enough.
 
I managed to do Monza very easily with the DS3.
When I start trying Nurnburgring.....I had to learn to drive good with the DS3 analog stick, took me ahwile before I golded this one!

Finally, it took me about 100 hours of trying on Suzuka with the DS3, before I golded it. I made it today, with a time of 2:09.929.

I am so happy :D
 
Golded X challenge with ds3 few minutes ago.
 
Back