Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk38.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Moglet:

"For the theme this week I'm going to be a bit selfish and ask people to drive
my current car or my last one! I want to see people driving either a Peugeot 106
or a Toyota Yaris/Vitz (the old model, NOT the current one) Bonus points for anyone
who gets the colours right :P"

CARS: Any Peugeot 106 or Standard Model Yaris/Vitz
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Heh, good luck with that!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Be the Mog!

gtpapmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtpapmcediting02.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

Last edited:
Competition News:

No, Mog didn't provide the theme name this week, that was all my doing :P

But in actual competition news - once the Photoshop competition's new thread is up for the week... the front-page articles will return!

Well I am guessing here that he won't have a white 106 Rallye :P, Have to add them things are little beasts in the real world.

Sweet, I already have an eligible pic :P

Same :D

(EDIT) Might as well start things off with Mog at the wheel himself:

F I N A L E N T R Y

(Click for full-size)

Last edited:
Just as a note; my Yaris isn't black :P

EDIT: Slipz, I thought this week was a H2H?

Last edited:
Woops, that's right, it is! Proper banner is there now!

I have both cars and putting them online. If anyone wants to borrow them just add me :) Might change the colors during the week.

zambuca

I like the way you've incorporated your signature into the image CCShaft7. 👍

Oh boy CCShaft, I think we can close this competition early. Such a fantastic entry:tup:

Final entry

Edit: I probably don't have the color right...but I just love the white 106 Rallye :P

Last edited:
Would it be considered unsportsmanlike like to ask what Mog's favourite number is :), All will become apparent ;).

:):) thanks for the +feedback guys 👍
Took a gamble on getting that close to the car but all my shots from distance just weren't happening for me :indiff:.

Although not too obvious in the shot the colour I think was called 'Pearl pink mica metallic', original from the UCD. Probably way off the mark though :dunce:

Awesome that we see more standard love lately (well, I did my job there too:P)
But especially in the 2.0 competitions I would love to see more variety when it comes to the car choices etc..:)

Also, great Entries everyone.👍 Hope I can hop in as well this week...

Looking forward to your entry mitch ;)

@CCS7: Your entries have reached new levels of amazingness lately 👍

Last edited:
Wait, mog went from a 500 to a 106 to a yaris? That's an... odd progression of cars.

:lol: I did, and yes it is a bit of a strange progression! I handed back the 500 to the finance company as I wanted the money for other things. I then got a cheap 106. I would have kept the 106 but it was a bit broken and I got too much of a good offer on the Yaris to say no :P

Final Entry

Those bonus points are MINE!! Doesn't even look too bad in Passionate Pink, does it?

Last edited:
Too much Pugs. Imma enter the Toyota clan. :D

FINAL ENTRY

.Kei's Kar.

Subject may change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back