GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 27 - CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
27header.jpg

lilmann73 was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week
ought to be a Manipulation Week.

lilmann73 also took out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Virtureality!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 25 Winner, lilmann73:

I want to see something from GT5 in a real life photo, or visa versa. It could be anything, cars, environment, etc. Make it realistic, or make it fun. It's up to you!

And remember...
Be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
    [*]Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
    [*]Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
    [*]When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
    [*]The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
    [*]A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
    [*]A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

I do not think so. I guess that that shot from GT5 have to be taken by you but reality can be from google for instance. I hope so.

I do not think so. I guess that that shot from GT5 have to be taken by you but reality can be from google for instance. I hope so.

I would like to influence the Honourable Judge to permit the use of real life photos not to be bound to be creations of the entrant.
Of course, it shoud be allowed to use own pictures of real scenes...

Yes. As long as there is some kind of real photo, it is fine. The entrant may use images from Google, NetCarShow, etc. or use a picture of his/her creation.
The GT5 image must be original material.

Does the real life aspect of it include say the likes of bodykits not available in game possibly, Since its something im trying to learn :).

Does the real life aspect of it include say the likes of bodykits not available in game possibly, Since its something im trying to learn :).

I would guess no because as far as I understand the point of this theme is to make a car from GT5 look realistic in real life. Or vice versa.

Last edited:

Yes, you may do this. As long as there is real life and GT5 combined in any way, it is acceptable. It doesn't just have to be a GT5 car in real life or visa versa; you can incorporate real life however you see fit.

Due to the fact that all entries in this type of competition mean a lot of work to the entrants,
I created a sample to avoid obscurity.

SAMPLE (not entry)

This is an original photo I took in London last month. The people, the street with "LOOK RIGHT" and the background are reality.
From GT5 I added the E-Type, the Kuebelwagen and the male character at the upper right.

I'd like the judge to tell if this is one of the permitted ways to go.
The other way around would mean IMHO to take a GT5 scenery and add original cars, people, dogs and others...:)

Yes, you may do this. As long as there is real life and GT5 combined in any way, it is acceptable. It doesn't just have to be a GT5 car in real life or visa versa; you can incorporate real life however you see fit.

Awesome I will see what I can come up with.

Raphaele - Yes, that is one of the ways of doing this. There aren't really major specific guidelines; as long as there is both real life and GT5, the entry is valid.

Final Entry

** The Lexus came from a picture I took in GT5 HERE. The background is a picture I took in California just East of Morrow Bay, and the original may be found HERE.

Not very good but it is my first attempt at anything like this.
Final Entry :scared:

Last edited:
Question.
Can it be something unreal with real things?
For instance > road on feet - under water - in pail < ? There will be real things like water, pail and feet. With some things from GT5's photo mode ofc.

//Yep ofc. Iam counting with that.

Last edited:
Everyone should also put a link to the real life and GT5 original pictures I think... no?

Some entries could include lots of different images though and that case the thread would be covered in links, My entry was only simple and I used 3 different sources to add to my picture. If I was more confident in my abilities it would have included a whole lot more.

Some entries could include lots of different images though and that case the thread would be covered in links, My entry was only simple and I used 3 different sources to add to my picture. If I was more confident in my abilities it would have included a whole lot more.
U can put those used images into one folder of yours and from many will be one link ; ) As I done it

@julioangulo86

You better set the preview of your entry to 500 pixel width max.
(see rules).
BTW: nice entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back