Well, well what do have here? An Acura Sports Car!?

Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
-> I'll just leave it here:

starkacura.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/09/03/tony-stark-trades-his-audi-for-an-acura-in-the-avengers/

:boggled:

I'm guessing it's nothing more than product placement, Acura Is the "official" car company of the Avengers. they couldn't make do with Stark in an Audi so they made up a sporty car because iron man in a TL makes no sense

...Acura Is the "official" car company of the Avengers...

Ahem, they are the official car company of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, otherwise known as S.H.I.E.L.D.

Which explains the godawful SUVs SHIELD has been using in the past few Avengers tie-in movies...

Which explains the godawful SUVs SHIELD has been using in the past few Avengers tie-in movies...

I think they're the only people in America who have purchased a ZDX.

ZD-whazzis? Not RDXs or MDXs? Honestly, they all look the same to me, and I could care less.

A lot of manufacturers have made a game of working in a "corporate" face into their cars, but Acura does it so well and so anonymously that I'm looking at the Stark car and already imagining it on the bargain lot gathering dust beside every other unsold Acura in existence... :lol:

Okay, that's a mite unfair, but still...

Without seeing the rest of the car it's hard to say for sure, but that one view does look really good, and without knowing the drivetrain it's impossible to say whether it will be cool or not, could be some lame hybrid.

Looks like a newer version of the DN-X to me.

acura_dnx_01.jpg

EDIT: It has a similar build to the Acura Scorpion:

super-car-08.jpg

Maybe it's just a new version of the Scorpion.

Last edited:
"Acura Scorpion" is something I never want to Google again. Honda should sue, as there's finally something uglier than the shield grille motif, and it uses their brand name.

The smiley grille certainly does look Mazda-like, even with the plastic moustache. Cheeky comment from the PR department, too: "It's a one-off with no plans for production of any kind... oh, except we are studying vehicles just like that. But we can't say anything (past the fact we just said something)" :P

-> Heres some more pics:

-Acura =Unamed= Roadster-

get_preview.php

get_preview.php

get_preview.php

get_preview.php

^ For reference, heres the Ronn Scorpion:

ronn-motors-scorpion-1.jpg

54550_v3cS3zGYt9qoP5tTKr94epi9J.jpg

scorpion-nx-by-ronn-motors_132_thumb.jpg

:)

Yeah, like a Scorpion/DN-X/HSV lovechild...I like it...I suspect we'll have to wait to find out what it's called, though.

Another pic:

timthumb.php

From that pic, I'd want to call it the New NSX.

And it is:

2013+Acura+NSX+ft-side+01.jpg

Last edited:
Are those last two photo's hand drawn / photoshopped because they sure look it.

EDIT! I've just found this Avenger car's direct descendant! the 2007 Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept, looks almost identical.

2007_acura-advanced-sports-car-concept_1.jpg

Are those last two photo's hand drawn / photoshopped because they sure look it.

I can't really tell. They came from an article on Motortrend's website about the future of the NSX. And, if they ARE just a rendering....they're sure REALLY close to the car in the spy shots.

-> Heres my point:

- Acura's ASCC is too big to be based-in
- The Acura 'Shield' is too low to be based on the S2000
- The car is Mid-Engined RWD like the legendary NSX
- Too small/short to be based on a NSX & HSC
- The 'Shield' is tiny compared to the DN-X.

:)

Back