The Mercedes and DC event blog

• Thread starter thefraggle
  • 288 comments
United Kingdom
Guildford
GTP_thefraggle
Well Here we go! After the arduous and taxing 12-20 minunte drive from my house to brooklands I have checked in. The hotel does not disappoint. The room has hot and cold runing water which is nothing short of a relief :)
On a serious note the room I am in is a really good sized room with a king size double bed and 42 inch plasma. My view out of my massive windows is of part of the old Brookands race track that is now used by MB world as part of their driver experience. The only down side so far is the hotel remotes are specific hotel remotes and wont allow me to select the AV input to get some last minute paractice in or at the very least have a blast on Deus Ex.
More to follow as I am taking a wonder over to Mercedes Benz World.........

Had a walk around MB world and seen them setting up the pods for the driving tomorrow. Am now off down to the local pub for a quick drink with alfabob!!

Last edited:
You lucky bastard lol. Hope you have a good time and keep us up to date.:)👍

After our little visit to the pub we came back and waited around outside the reception as the 7pm meeting time was looming. We were taken over to Mercedes Benz World and taken upstairs to their "gulwing" eating area.

For starters....... Some smoked salmon with what i am assuming was poached salmon with some beetroot and small bread disks.
Main course...... Some really really beautifuly cooked chicken with potato and green beens in a reduction sauce
Dessert............Merrang with cream and rasberries

Drinks were served without being charged and after someone said something they agreed to allow us to have spirits as part of our allowance.

One evening on and not only are TGTT lap times flying around there is a lot of talk about who the special guests will be mixed in with the different driving physics of the game. Roll on tomorrow :)
Signing off and good night!

Very cool, thanks for taking the time to do this. Best of luck to yourself and everyone else there with you. Also good luck to the rest of us on the upcoming seasonal!

Best of Luck Mate.

Why on earth do they have to do this on a 3pm on a Monday when mortals like me are at work. The thing is that I live only 20mins away. I think I might just "work from home" today.

So here we go again......
For some reason my sleep was unsettled. God knows why. It's not as if i have anything exciting to look forward to today is it?...... Oh wait, I might have missed something here......

After falling to sleep at about 12:15 following the epic power struggle that is comfort over sleeping position. 3am, woke up. WTF? 5am AGAIN I WOKE UP. pass out again and then again I woke up at 6:01am. Something is seriously wrong with this. I dont do well with no sleep so the longest sleep session i have had tonight is under three hours. That's seriously not good!! Anyway.... I was lying in bed at this point and realised i couldnt be bothered to try and go back to sleep as it then ran the risk of me waking up after an hour and a half and being grumpy for the morning. Listened to a bit of radio 1 and then made my way down for breakfast at 7:30. I am still not convinced that this time of day is entirely legal!!!
White plate, 2 sausages, 3 bacon, beans, hash browns and some AMAZING black pudding. 1 glass of orange juice and 2 cups of coffee with two sugars. This could be one of the best ways to start the day. If you know of a better way then please feel free to send suggestions on the back of a postcard to "what we want when we start the GT6 EVERYTIME, Kaz, a big office, Japan"

A BUNNY RABBIT JUST RAN PAST MY WINDOW!!!!

Radio 1 is back on the speakers and now it is time to jump in the shower. Its one of those showers with a huge shower head that i think on the website is called something to do with rain. We will see!!!!!!!!!!!

On a slightly sad note, i cant help but notice that some of the chrome plates and fixtures and fittings have been put in upside down. Odd.

Best of Luck Mate.

Why on earth do they have to do this on a 3pm on a Monday when mortals like me are at work. The thing is that I live only 20mins away. I think I might just "work from home" today.

About the same distance as me then as I think it took me a casula 15 minutes to get here from home which does mean i can play the seasonal in GT when i get home too :)

To reference american dad

"OH MY GOD FRANCINE, THIS RAIN STYLE WET ROOM SHOWER, THIS RAIN STYLE WET ROOM SHOWER FRANCINE, OH MY GOD

I am packing up now so the updates are going to have to die off until I get home.

WISH US ALL LUCK. ITS GOING TO BE A BRILLIANT DAY!!!!!

Can't wait for the next instalment. Best of luck to you and all the others. Show DC what GT5 is really about mate.

Bunny rabbit passed the window .... Lmao :)

I've just received this from Mercedes-Benz World...

mbworld1.jpg

Awesome but how about some love for us Aussies? :(

From what i can tell it's a world wide seasonal event at 11.30PM SA Time. (1 hour, 10 mins from now.)

That photo is interesting...
Maybe... Just maybe a time better then DC gets us the suit.

From what i can tell it's a world wide seasonal event at 11.30PM SA Time. (1 hour, 10 mins from now.)

That photo is interesting...
Maybe... Just maybe a time better then DC gets us the suit.

In GT5, in the news section it says only for USA and UK. I think....

EDIT, I just read it now and it seems to be open to everyone but from what i understand the winner will be picked from UK to go to the Brazilian GP.

Last edited:
In GT5, in the news section it says only for USA and UK. I think....

EDIT, I just read it now and it seems to be open to everyone but from what i understand the winner will be picked from UK to go to the Brazilian GP.

Really? I believe it said

Gran Turismo 5 News
His opponents will be GT5? fans from around the globe, who will simultaneously pit their wits against the world-class professional driver, driving the same car through a specially created in-game ?seasonal event? - the Mercedes-Benz Driving Event.

I just noticed another odd fact. Remember how GT5 was released on the 24th November? The Brazilian GP is on the 27th... Probably just a coincidence :sly:

I'll admit this post was bred from boredom while waiting for the seasonal to open (22 mins!!!)

MrDinosaw94
I just noticed another odd fact. Remember how GT5 was released on the 24th November? The Brazilian GP is on the 27th... Probably just a coincidence :sly:

I'll admit this post was bred from boredom while waiting for the seasonal to open (22 mins!!!)

Actually it starts at 3.20. The announcement about the track etc. is at 3.00

i maybe missed this but does anyone know when the actual seasonal event will be open to everyone? I am going on holiday later on and would love a crack at this event. Really would be gutted if i missed it

Last edited:
alvabaz
i maybe missed this but does anyone know when the actual seasonal event will be open to everyone? I am going on holiday later on and would love a crack at this event. Really would be gutted if i missed it

I think its 3.20 UK time.

So, we will have to start the seasonal against DC, or we could do it later?

I'm online now and no sign of a seasonal with DC. :(

Good luck everyone. 👍

Nope, checked again. Still no race. Is it really for everyone globally or just selected folk?

Back