CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
29header.jpg

chromatic9 was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

chromatic9 also took out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 27 Winner, chromatic9:

Through the magic of photoshop I want to see car(s) or something else from GT on or at the Belgium track. You could even "game up" a photo to help it work better or grab a shot from a game that has this fabled track then add some PD track side signs/hoardings. I'll let you decide but lets make Spa and GT5 happen.

Inspiration and source images can be found here:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wallpapers/

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/redb_vett_spaf_2011-12.jpg

http://www.motorsport.com/#/F1/photos/main-gallery/?tr=280&y=2011&s=2&p=3

http://www.f1-site.com/f1-wallpaper...-circuit-spa-francorchamps-race-hi-res-photos

http://www.f1-site.com/f1-wallpaper...it-spa-francorchamps-qualifying-hi-res-photos

And remember...
Be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

This could be interesting... Does the Spa image has to be real?

As i red it, no!
But it sounds really interesting. Looking forward to see some nice GT5 Spa pictures! :)
If I find some time, I will try it myself....:ill:

Spa image doesn't have to be real, you could use another games screen.

Also I'm not necessarily looking for uber realism or perfect blending of lighting. You can reduce a real photo to look more basic or add your own artistic effects and create just an interesting GT5/Spa image.

My english is pretty weak so Iam worried if I understand right.
It is about Belgium track and we have to put on that track something, what will do that track as real?
Or wha? Iam sorry. Usually Iam waiting for some first entries but I have some time today so I would like to start right now.
Can anyone explain me this step by step? ^__^

Eau! Eau Rouge again!

Final Entry

That's what the old folks called "The Golden Age of Motorsports"…​

I guess the photo with the perfect or most perfect manipulation and placement will win. I'm starting mine tomorrow.

Final Entry

I don't normally enter the photoshop as my editing skills are highly suspect but I saw the photo and I couldn't resist. I mean, could you imagine having a full on winter rally go at Spa? i'd give my right arm to play in Def Leppard and I'd give my left leg to shred a wintery Spa in a WRC car.​

Final Entry

I don't normally enter the photoshop as my editing skills are highly suspect but I saw the photo and I couldn't resist. I mean, could you imagine having a full on winter rally go at Spa? i'd give my right arm to play in Def Leppard and I'd give my left leg to shred a wintery Spa in a WRC car.​

Really difficult to see the manipulation in there...

skylinefx
Really difficult to see the manipulation in there...

I believe it is a tiny cloud on the pit straight that is a snow car from GT, the snow is a different colour, more blue

the diffuculty of the themes are a bit off the roof for me imo , but iam not that skilled to argue about it i guess xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back