CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: Semi-final Round - PMC

Photomode Tournament - PMC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headerjo.jpg

Semi-final round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

pmcmatch1.jpg

Take a picture of your car from directly above.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Shot must be taken from above.

pmcmatch2.jpg

Take a picture of a non-Japanese rear-wheel drive car drifting.
CARS: Any non-Japanese rear-wheel drive car.
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You have to vote in one entry of each match;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will decide;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;

deadline.jpg

Thanks Jason :) I like your shot too, great colours in it 👍 Good luck everyone :D

It is indeed, well worked out :) Its the final corner, the one leading onto the straight

Mine was coming off the bridge going into the sweeper before your corner. :cheers:

Well that looks like a match already. Well done!

@Jason: I really like the tones and colors in your shot, the only thing why I decided to pic Soloracers one, was that you've cut out some parts of the car. A bit more vertical and all parts of the car visible and you would've got my vote. I think that was the only little mistake you did.
But anyways, both matches are great and not easy to decide.

Congrats for getting this far. Y'all deserved to be here!👍

@Jason: I really like the tones and colors in your shot, the only thing why I decided to pic Soloracers one, was that you've cut out some parts of the car. A bit more vertical and all parts of the car visible and you would've got my vote. I think that was the only little mistake you did.
But anyways, both matches are great and not easy to decide.

Congrats for getting this far. Y'all deserved to be here!👍

I appreciate it, heck I won 6-7 straight rounds, my run had to end at some point. If there's a come back I would be shocked and amazed. But I wouldn't have submitted anything any different. Compared to all of the off the wall shots I came up with in the first PMC, I'm happy with what I went with.

Great entries guys 👍 Both pics in match 1 don't even look like PMC, and a nice entry sar593 good luck

@Jason: I really like the tones and colors in your shot, the only thing why I decided to pic Soloracers one, was that you've cut out some parts of the car. A bit more vertical and all parts of the car visible and you would've got my vote.

This. It's a stunning angle, the reflections are fantastic and the car is nice and bright but the composition is a tad disappointing IMO. I'd loved to have seen it from further away.

Great entries guys 👍 Both pics in match 1 don't even look like PMC, and a nice entry sar593 good luck

Thanks, and good luck to you too, it's a close match so far 👍

Gave the vote to Jason, but I can't help but think it would have been better if it WASN'T rotated.

Oh and 725's jag got my other vote.

Nicknamealguem, I just noticed you still have 'Second round' on the thread title (also in the 2.0 thread). Not a big mistake, but might mislead some people.

Man, by clipping the corners I think I just slandered the pope. :odd:

But those to corners weren't showing much, I swear.

Thanks everyone who voted for me :) 👍 I really appreciate your votes and helping me get this far! I'm looking forward to the final round now against 725. Good luck 👍 I look forward to finding out the theme for this

Congratulations Soloracer3 and 725 for getting into the final, you both deserve it, so I wish you both good luck for the next round.
725, this match was very close and exciting, I enjoyed it a lot. Again congratulations to you.
I never thought I would come this far in the tournament, so I'm happy. Maybe I should practice again with the weekly competitions, but now I look forward for the 3th place match.

Congrats to both of you, looking forward to seeing the end product. Thank you for all the votes between PMC 1 and 2. I'm coming back for the Cup in PMC3

...and here too!

Round 1: Both of these are so bright and crisp, the fact they're PMC is just astounding. Did you both pick the same track?! The simplicity in Solo's shot is great, and what works in it's favour - the low shutter speed obscures detail in the road so that the viewer can focus on the car, and the composition really helps too, with all lines leading to the top left corner. Mr. Matt Damon's ( :P ) is interesting, but the slightly slower motion blur distracts; not that it had to be a motion shot, as static bird's eye view shots can be very dramatic, of course. The cropping does hurt it, making the car look more narrow than it is, and there's one other tiny thing that caught my eye - the reflections are great, more interesting than Solo's shot's, but the way the light falls on the (my) left headlight makes it look damaged! Solo got my vote :)

Round 2: A tough one, this. Sar's is the brighter, more colourful picture, but I'm not seeing as much smoke, and the angle doesn't look quite as severe as the big Jag's. 725's is uncharacteristically muted in the colour department, but it works in its favour in full-size, the simple composition and large amount of smoke leading the viewer through the image. It's deceptive, and a grower of an image, and for that, it got my vote.

Now, for the final :D

...and here too!

Round 1: Both of these are so bright and crisp, the fact they're PMC is just astounding. Did you both pick the same track?! The simplicity in Solo's shot is great, and what works in it's favour - the low shutter speed obscures detail in the road so that the viewer can focus on the car, and the composition really helps too, with all lines leading to the top left corner. Mr. Matt Damon's ( :P ) is interesting, but the slightly slower motion blur distracts; not that it had to be a motion shot, as static bird's eye view shots can be very dramatic, of course. The cropping does hurt it, making the car look more narrow than it is, and there's one other tiny thing that caught my eye - the reflections are great, more interesting than Solo's shot's, but the way the light falls on the (my) left headlight makes it look damaged! Solo got my vote :)

Thanks SlipZ :D Yeah totally by fluke we both used HSR. I wonder if my simplistic style will hold up in the final against 725 :lol: I really appreciate your reviews and votes :cheers: Thanks :)

...and here too!

Now, for the final :D

Yes, while talking to each other about everything except our entries we both managed to use the same track. Although I used a slower speed section of track I think we both shot at either 60 or 125. :P

The level of detail that PD used in this game is amazing, look at the carbon showing through on the roof of Solo's car ;)

Now I'm going to leave you all with my fedora on and go have dinner with Sarah :P

Yes, while talking to each other about everything except our entries we both managed to use the same track. Although I used a slower speed section of track I think we both shot at either 60 or 125. :P

Now I'm going to leave you all with my fedora on and go have dinner with Sarah :P

:lol: yes. Thats a rather odd coincidence, or its just great minds think alike :sly: mine was at 60 :P

Congratulations Soloracer3 and 725 for getting into the final, you both deserve it, so I wish you both good luck for the next round.
725, this match was very close and exciting, I enjoyed it a lot. Again congratulations to you.
I never thought I would come this far in the tournament, so I'm happy. Maybe I should practice again with the weekly competitions, but now I look forward for the 3th place match.

Thanks Sar593, I was sure you had this round it was unbelievably close and you had the lead the last time I checked!

Round 2: A tough one, this. Sar's is the brighter, more colourful picture, but I'm not seeing as much smoke, and the angle doesn't look quite as severe as the big Jag's. 725's is uncharacteristically muted in the colour department, but it works in its favour in full-size, the simple composition and large amount of smoke leading the viewer through the image. It's deceptive, and a grower of an image, and for that, it got my vote.

Great review Slipz. I was debating entering this shot for ages I kept thinking its too dark but I liked the amount of smoke and the fact that there weren't many jaggies which is difficult from that angle, I took the risk and entered and I'm surprised it did so well.

Thanks to all that voted for my picture 👍 Next one will be super difficult :crazy:

Latest Posts

Back