• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheBook

Literary Member
Premium
United States
Sturgis, MI
GTP_ty00123
2011 Bentley Mulsanne ( or MKII Bentley Mulsanne )

Bentley-Mulsanne_2011_01x09_620_413.jpg

Production : 2010 - Present
Pricing : £220,000

Tech specs

Engine : 6.75-litre Twin Turbocharged V8
Max Power : 505bhp at 4200rpm
Max Torque : 752lb ft at 1750rpm
Weight : 2585kg
Transmission : automatic 8-speed ZF

Source

Yep, it's a big car with a lot of luxury and a controversial design, how will it cope with our rather critic crowd? We shall see.​

I don't mind the looks myself, but either way it's still uncool. Especially considering how bad of a performer it is in bank robberies :lol: Hope no one goes all car pro on me for referencing Top Gear with its 'Mulsanne'. If anyone listens to me anyway :lol:

2585kg seriously? is it made out of concrete or somethin:crazy:

i think the interiour is very luxurious though

looks suck for a car thats 220000pounds...

uncool

Classy, over-engineered and, rather critically in my book, also possesses the most powerful standard stereo ever fitted to a production car.

Cool.

THe looks suck and I don't like this kind of car in general. However, there's still a point to it, I guess, so...

Meh.

If I recall correctly, I'm the one who nominated this.

I'm voting for a big Meh, the styling isn't quite as characterful as it's main competitor ( the Phantom ), even though I think the interior is absolutely stunning and the engine is without a drop of doubt, a masterpiece.

It's pretty hard to associate huge demonstrations of wealth with the word 'Cool', the Mulsanne ( despite the awesome name ) couldn't do it either.

James May of Car World. Cool.

What on Earth? There is no proper response to this.

Actually, there is. But it has to come from the Top Gear folks themselves. Maybe in the form of a challenge;

You now must set your best mate up on a date by describing him only as "very much like James May." Points will be deducted for every woman who accepts.

It's tasteful, it's beautiful, it's British craftsmanship and German engineering at its best. It also gets, what, 6 MPG? That ain't keeping the planet cool, but it's one cool ride.

The car could be cool or terrible, depending on the owner's attitude. Some rich people are just cool as hell, you have to admit that.

I voted Meh because for every cool old rich guy there is a young kid who inherited his old man's business and is a complete asshole.

Cars to be driven around in that aren't Rolls Royces are automatically Seriously Uncool. No Exceptions.

I'm watching Megafactories on NGC about the Mulsanne right now.

Coincidence, or conspiracy?

Come on bro, it's a Bentley. Both are equally capable of cool, it just depends on the owners' demeanor.

Now, Maybach is another story. IMO, Maybach doesn't exist. They're like Tauruses.

Uncool. It looks like the sort of thing a cartoonist in the 70s would draw if instructed to draw a rich idiot's car. The only thing saving it from seriously uncool is that engine.

I don't care about the size or weight; I like a lot of big, heavy cars. The difference, though, is that they don't look like garbage.

I find it hard to label non-Continental GT Bentleys. There's nothing particularly uncool about them. Yet there's not much cool about them either.

They, along with Rolls Royce, exist in a segment that they've always occupied, where very few other manufacturers dare to venture. So comparisons to rivals is hard. Their very existence makes Mercedes' Maybachs incredibly uncool and the Mansory's of this world seem to leave the more up-market Bentleys alone, where as their Rolls Royce brothers get the full horrific treatment.

Meh for me.

Back