CLOSED: POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 45 (WINNER: LACOSTER)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 56 comments

THEME: Luxury Week

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk45.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by jBhIpS:

"This week I want you to show me the overdose of realism and luxury from your expensive car.
Feel like a professional photographer and make sure that you can say "yes this car is really
worth this much money." More reflections, more luxury in the beautiful locations and amazing
angles. Show that your car is worth millions."

CARS: Any non-racing car costing over 250,000Cr
LOCATIONS: None?
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes, only!
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Great poll but a little disappointed I didn't make it, maybe I shouldn't have changed my entry. Oh well. Now to decide which one of these awesome shots to vote for

Can i have my reason why this shoots didn't make it?
6214189716_1d16bb3725.jpg

It's not that i want to whine but as a pro, i need to know the reason. :)

May I also have some feedback on my shot so I know where to improve please?

Thanks

So many shiny LFA's lol. That car is stunning.

Having a tough time deciding between 3 pics right now.

Oh, and to Nanabu's gallardo:
Dat_ass.jpg

I checked the votes of my personal top 3, so I could vote for the underdog because I love them all so much. But one of them has 1 vote, and the other two don't have any! This is a travesty :(

Criticism? Too many LFAs? :lol:

Missed all polls this weeks, continuing the trend. :P

Okay, so my vote went to Nanabu's gallardo. Excellent lighting and incredibly realistic. Seriously this could pass for a real pic.

My vote could have easily gone to bmxmitch's spook SP1 or Sejtur's 458 with the fantastic water effects. All of the pics I mentioned deserve more votes.

Brilliant pictures in this weeks poll, not really one for taking pictures, but I do like looking at them! Well done Phototakers:sly:

Okay, so my vote went to Nanabu's gallardo. Excellent lighting and incredibly realistic. Seriously this could pass for a real pic.

Am I the only one not seeing this? The highlights are blown all over the car, especially on the rear lights, and it's not realistic in the slightest. It's a great photo but it's not realistic IMO. And it's overexposed slightly.

My monitor is calibrated too so it's not that...

The most realistic in the poll IMO is 725's 599. I like nanabu's entry, but I wouldn't call it that realistic.

The most realistic in the poll IMO is 725's 599. I like nanabu's entry, but I wouldn't call it that realistic.

Thanks FJ, I would say Beccosinho's or Lacoster's. I'm really pleased to have made the poll as the competition was fierce :lol:

Am I the only one not seeing this? The highlights are blown all over the car, especially on the rear lights, and it's not realistic in the slightest. It's a great photo but it's not realistic IMO. And it's overexposed slightly.

I like it because it almost looks HDR ish

I thought that too. Nanabus Gallardo looks really nice, but not as realistic as yours! Not that I want to start any more derangements here, but moglet is right!;)

Okay, so I've just gone through this poll and voted. If I've read the description correctly, it's all about taking a realistic photo of a luxury car. But going through these pictures, I can count on one hand of how many of them fit the bill, yet the voting is not going it that direction, weird.....?

I think people need to slow down and read the the brief before voting...? Or in this case, is it the judges fault...?

Just my two cents, and for the record I'm actually a graphic designer and professional photographer!

Anywho keep up the good work:tup:

But going through these pictures, I can count on one hand of how many of them fit the bill, yet the voting is not going it that direction, weird.....?

I think people need to slow down and read the the brief before voting...?

look , usually i do exactly that what is in the description and 70% i don´t make it into the polls , but this time i did the opposit way and taadaaaaaaaa 5 votes so faar , by the way judging is not easy especially not for the first time .

if you have time have a look into the last 10 competition and see what i mean .

and stop complaining tbh , you guys usually win evey competition , tz :crazy:

I think everybody should just relax, and be happy with there work regardless of whether it made it to the polls or not, and also where the votes are going:)

Also I don't think anybody should past judgement on anybody elses work in the polls! (beauty is in the eye of the beholder)

#trustyourowneyes

Back